Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

A poignant moment in Albanese's censure speech - where he and McCormack look each other in the eye and the two nod to each other as the PM says this:

'The former Deputy Prime Minister, Michael McCormack was told by Morrison to not be transparent about whether he was Acting Prime Minister in 2019'.

'I don't blame the former Deputy Prime Minister, in whom I have the greatest respect. He should never have been put in that position.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 10.37.18 am.png

“It is an affront to our democratic Westminster system." Bridget Archer says she “does not accept” any of the excuses provided by Morrison.

“This is not a game. I am a Liberal I believe in Liberal values. It is for this reason I am obligated to support this motion."

Morrison doesn't care about her, what would a women know of his heroic sacrifice?

Be nice of ScoMo to kindly fly off back to Hawaii and pretend he deserves it. Smug POS

he's off to do a private speaking event advising the world how he defeated china and covid (not kidding)

People pay money for this? Damn. Being a religious speaker these days must pay the bills and more

It's well known that as well as being an outrageous and legally enabled fraud, religious evangelism is a huge money spinner.

The mistake people often make is to assume that Morrison's rabid Pentecostalism got in the way of his public service roles. The exact opposite was the reality.

It's become overwhelmingly apparent that Morrison always saw his public service roles as a way to enable his rabid Pentecostalism on the world stage.

Previous Prime Ministers have rightly regarded that position as being the pinnacle of their career and the highest honour that they have achieved - to serve the public in the highest office of the land. Not so with ScoMo - it was merely a stepping stone for his own self centred search for glory.

Keeps referencing to the pandemic..
Yet none of his secret ministries were anything involved with COVID
I am convinced Morrison thought COVID was the Biblical Apocalypse and that it would set the stage for him to establish the Kingdom of God on Earth. His reasoning in the past has been that it was so the government could continue to function if the ministers died or were incapacitated by COVID. Obviously a minister dying in office is rectified by just appointing another minister, but it makes sense that wouldn't be seen as an option if you are considering a scenario where the majority of the country is dead.

Told ya he's a weasel

Ah 'dat trademark conservative petulance.
I wouldn't have half the beef i do with them if they'd just take their medicine once in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary how they can’t see this is just driving them toward electoral oblivion.

Every recent election has shown that Australians don’t want an American style divided political system, they want parties to work together in integrity. The Libs seem to have been brainwashed by a Jordan Peterson speech about “defeating the Marxists”.

Bridget Archer the only LNP member to vote for the censure motion, that party is cooked.

But the vote of 86-50 was overwhelming and ScoMo becomes the only former Prime Minister to be officially censored by the Australian Parliament.

Quite a legacy.

“It is an affront to our democratic Westminster system." Bridget Archer says she “does not accept” any of the excuses provided by Morrison.

“This is not a game. I am a Liberal I believe in Liberal values. It is for this reason I am obligated to support this motion."

Good on her.

Told ya he's a weasel

Ah 'dat trademark conservative petulance.
I wouldn't have half the beef i do with them if they'd just take their medicine once in a while.
Politicians of all stripes need to learn that if they actually come out and say “I was wrong, and I apologise unreservedly for that” their support would actually increase. So effing dumb.

Politicians of all stripes need to learn that if they actually come out and say “I was wrong, and I apologise unreservedly for that” their support would actually increase. So effing dumb.
On this, I think it goes back to monarchy. Patriarcha in my understanding was the idea that the reign of a monarch was justified through the concept that the monarch was divinely chosen by God to be elevated. In this framework admitting a mistake is tantamount to questioning God's judgement.

All politicians and all systems I think generally fall upon the same conceptual framework, that an inherent metaphysical superiority is conferred upon leaders in order to justify their position and protect from anarchy (i.e. "The Honorable" being a title), which makes genuine apologies unthinkable. The LNP especially increasingly embodies this idea, and manifests in a barely concealed disdain for the electorate and an approach of imposing rather than consulting or canvassing genuine grassroots support. Morrison in particular basically went all the way back to Patriarcha with his infamous "I believe in miracles" comment, rhetorically attributing his election to the big G himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back