Rumour Scott Morrison sends Gil McLachlan “please explain” after Gil calls Morrison’s daughter overweight.

Remove this Banner Ad

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah 😆 One of his classics in Parliament was IIRC during "The Piggery Scandal" when Keating was told by the speaker to withdraw his comment after telling an Opponent "You're not fit to feed Pigs". Keating fired back "Okay. You are fit to feed Pigs" 😆
Probably deserves it's own thread. Anyone know who he barracked for?
pretty sure Paul Keating was Collingwood. The reason I know is that I am a crazy Labour supporter and I thought "Keating the fooker barracks for Collingwood" actually I am positive he was Collingwood
1556278573428.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Huh ? Nil All draw there surely ?

Think we can all agree the last PM we had with any style of wit and charisma was Hawkey (or Keating, if you have a more cerebral sense of humour)
Loved the way Pyne and Albo went about politics. Seemingly great natured blokes, and always ended up getting a handful of laughs. Probably can't get away with that in the top job, sure, but it brought some much-needed fresh air to the negative politics from all sides of the last goodness knows how long.

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why should people care about being a fat unhealthy blob of lard anyway? With role models like that fat blob Tess Holiday we can all be obese disgusting unhealthy slobs and feel good about it because of champion eaters like Tess.

VijoMorganstein

Debutant
Aug 1, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Hearing from a very good source from Canberra (tipped me off about the Au Pairs and George Christensen Philippines months before they broke) that the PM has sent AFL CEO Gillon McLaughlan a “please explain” and asked for an apology for making a joke about the weight of one of Scott Morrison’s daughters.

Apparently it was at a dinner or gathering with a bunch of senior people including some political affiliates a couple of weeks ago, but word has trickled back now.

Bringing a PMs kids into anything is totally out of bounds in my opinion. while on its own it’s not a sackable offence, it speaks to the character of the man, and is yet another faux pas that reflects poorly on the game.
Where is the voodoo doll?

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Keating was famously not really into sport. And he was a New South Welshman so doubt he cared about Aussie Rules.

He got a bit of **** for admitting he was more into the opera and arts than sports.

Kinda refreshing transparency tbh
He was also into antique French clocks iirc.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
I hope one of the Morrison girls is a lesbian and her dad can try to explain to her why he believes she doesn't deserve the same rights as he enjoys.

And you're Moderator?

Scraping the barrel, bud.

Edit. They're children and children should be off-limits in political comments.

You are a disgrace.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back