Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a pretty good record in milestone games. Can only hope that continues.

50 - W 2008 R19 v Saints
100 - W 2010 PF v Cats
150 - W 2013 R2 v Blues
200 - W 2015 R8 v GCS
250 - L 2017 R15 v Hawks

The level of consistency has been quite amazing should have a couple more AAs but has always been a victim of consistency.

Loving the move to half forward.

Yeah he's had about 30 games under 20 disposals but remarkable from about 2009 until now. But his average will dive as he hits twilight like Ablett who does not play midfield anymore. You should be remembered for your peak years though and Pendles is up there with the greatest, but he's not the GOAT. That's all I'm saying.

He’s not the GOAT. Nether is gaz junior. People over hype him.

May have racked up big numbers for years. Never influenced the game like people think he did. Saying that I’m biased as I think he is a crap bloke. But I have in my mind games where he would run loose against us and never win the game. Massive example of personal success than team is Gaz Junior

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was at his first game. Kicked a goal with his first kick. Bucks decided to swindle half a dozen himself. That was a grouse night.

You would think if we take care of our own, we play Geelong first week of finals at the G, assuming the Eagles can get the job done today, and Tuggers blow out the Bears Sunday next week.

Had no idea game 150 was another classic final, against a potential victim in the finals race. Since it's not a Grand Final, it's his 300th, and being the Pivotonians look a bit shaky, it's our perfect opportunity to win for the skipper, like we did for the Pig yesterday, and put ourselves within a game of our chance at redemption.

Game 302 should be fun for Scotty. Maybe he can add a couple of medallions to his trophy cabinet :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles is out right 3rd on our all time games played and quickly closing in on the record: https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/games-records/

Interesting Cloke didnt get to 250 with us... he was on track for the record for most of his career.
Currently Sidebottom is the only player that also looks close to reaching 300 too, 232 games played atm.

Of our younger players Maynard is off to a quick pace, already up to 94 games. To give some perspective, players in similar age bracket to him.. Moore (68), De Goey (87), Phillips (71)

Pendles is out right 3rd on our all time games played and quickly closing in on the record: https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/games-records/

Interesting Cloke didnt get to 250 with us... he was on track for the record for most of his career.
Currently Sidebottom is the only player that also looks close to reaching 300 too, 232 games played atm.

Of our younger players Maynard is off to a quick pace, already up to 94 games. To give some perspective, players in similar age bracket to him.. Moore (68), De Goey (87), Phillips (71)

Normally only genuine stars make it to 300 though, so they are still good enough to keep playing well after their peak.

Wow didn’t even realise he’s coming up on 300. You’d think he’s got at least 2 more seasons left in him. If he had 3 he’d make 350. He’s such a good kick he could play half forward.

Looking at his stats there’s been only 2 seasons where he hasn’t played at least 21 games, his first year and 2017 when he had that finger issue. Amazing effort

Wow didn’t even realise he’s coming up on 300. You’d think he’s got at least 2 more seasons left in him. If he had 3 he’d make 350. He’s such a good kick he could play half forward.

Looking at his stats there’s been only 2 seasons where he hasn’t played at least 21 games, his first year and 2017 when he had that finger issue. Amazing effort
He has never had a soft tissue injury which is quite remarkable.

He has never had a soft tissue injury which is quite remarkable.

There's probably a bunch of reasons for that ...

(1) He's meticulous in his preparation and recovery

(2) Did his brothers have many soft tissue injuries? Maybe he's got good genes

(3) And, well, work with me on this one ...

... his moves are smooth and graceful. Smooth moves probably put less load on the body and are less prone to injury (including soft tissue) than quick, darting, twitchy type movements. Compare the way Pendlebury and Sidebottom move, to the way Treloar and Adams move.

Pendlebury and Sidebottom would have the moves that make gals melt on the dancefloor.

Treloar and Adams would have the moves that make cats run and hide.

IMO the best player to ever walk through our doors—I have ahead of Nathan, just.

Absolute champion.
Truly magical work by Hine to pluck this beauty at pick 5 back in 2005.

There's probably a bunch of reasons for that ...

(1) He's meticulous in his preparation and recovery

(2) Did his brothers have many soft tissue injuries? Maybe he's got good genes

(3) And, well, work with me on this one ...

... his moves are smooth and graceful. Smooth moves probably put less load on the body and are less prone to injury (including soft tissue) than quick, darting, twitchy type movements. Compare the way Pendlebury and Sidebottom move, to the way Treloar and Adams move.

Pendlebury and Sidebottom would have the moves that make gals melt on the dancefloor.

Treloar and Adams would have the moves that make cats run and hide.
You may have cracked the code! And I guess that means Darcy would be restricted to The Robot?

Current magpies - youngest to 80 Collingwood games. (Ages of Moore 23y 128d, Phillips 23y 102d)

Stats via https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/collingwood.html

21y 229d - Sidebottom (R21 2012)​
22y 100d - Pendlebury (R4 2010)​

22y 202d - Beams (R23 2012)​
22y 225d - Maynard (R7 2019)​
23y 78d - DeGoey (R11 2019)​
23y 106d - Grundy (R19 2017)​
24y 12d - Reid (R7 2013)​
24y 112d - Langdon (GF 2018)​
24y 271d - Crisp (R15 2018) *excludes 18 games for BL

24y 287d - Elliott (R11 2017)​

24y 304d - Adams (R18 2018) *excludes 31 games for GWS

25y 20d - Goldsack (R11 2012)​
26y 154d - Treloar (R21 2019) *excludes 79 games for GWS
27y 265d - Thomas (R14 2019)​
29y 49d - Howe (R22 2019) *excludes 100 games for Melb
31y 116d - Varcoe (R19 2019) *excludes 138 games for Geel

Nah Pendlebury has had his fair share of quiet games. That's a myth that he is always elite. Most 300 game players are very consistent.

I'll name a few that are more consistent that him who have played 300: Ablett Jnr, Riccuito, Mitchell, Bartel, Black, West, Bradley, Harvey. All of those guys probably had more 30 disposal games than Pendlebury.

Well done. Not one of those players averages more disposals than Scott Pendlebury.

If your 30 possession games stat are a measure of greatness and consistency watch out because Matt Crouch is on target to be the GOAT....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back