Scott Pendlebury 433+ games - Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have just announced that Scott Pendlebury has re-signed for the 2024 season, he has currently played 370 games and he is only 35. This new deal will take him past 400 games and possibly up to 410. Could he play on another season and break Brent Harvey's 432 game record?

If anyone is capable of finding a way, it’d be Pendles. Still shows moments of sheer brilliance and would be far from a liability in what we’ve seen so far.

Has spent more time across HB this year, but would like to see him across a high HF using his skills feeding it inside 50.

Would be a remarkable feat and a worthy reward for a consistent career.

Surprised that some people were writing him off and saying he is past it just because he had a bad game against Melbourne. Talk about a knee jetk reaction.

Not sure if we're watching the same person?
Maybe it's because he had such a high standard.
He is half a second off. Not much, but I've seen it a lot with hawks players since 06, and he's following the same path.
Half a second off now, becomes 2-3 seconds very quickly. Look at Jack gunston for a recent example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a very rare poor game on the weekend like most of his teammates and people are questioning the notion to re-sign the guy? He's still elite and will be for some time to come. You don't just lose his natural instincts and poise overnight. 400 would be more than deserved for Pendles. 433 might be pushing it but if the body holds up and he's got the desire, wouldn't rule it out. My fav non Essendon player to watch, shame he'll take Fletcher's title as most watched player in a couple months though!

body wise I think he can easily, but does he have the type of game to do it? he wont be able to play another 2 years in the middle or can he go to forward/back line for long stages of a game and be impactful.

Rekon it'll come down to the sub rule.

If it's still a tactical sub in 2025 and 2026 then I rekon he gets there.

If we have moved to a straight up 5 man bench then rotations might mean it's a touch too far.

Honestly? To overtake Boomer he would need to play for 2+ more seasons. I don't think he'll overtake Boomer.

But I do think he can reach the 400 game mark. And that is no small feat.

Good luck for him on trying to make 400, huge achievement in itself if he does get there and it doesn't really matter if he breaks the record or not, he will be in some very good company in the 400 game club.

He looked so slow on the weekend. Bizarre that he has been re-signed so early in the season. Were they worried he would go to another club?

Or maybe to the NBA?
ROAR!
In the NBA they'd say he's got a pretty reasonable footy background.

Great week to start this thread. Has been great until the weekend so we’ll all be retiring him now
Sorry, I started the thread because I read that he has just signed a new one year deal, I didn't know he played a poor game, he plays so few.

As a North Melbourne supporter there was a lot of pride that one of our players passed the all-time games record, especially as it had been in the hands of a Hawthorn player for around 25 years or so, it would be a shame if we were to lose that record inside a decade, but if is Pendlebury, it will be well deserved, even if he is a Collywobbler. :)

Honestly? To overtake Boomer he would need to play for 2+ more seasons. I don't think he'll overtake Boomer.

But I do think he can reach the 400 game mark. And that is no small feat.
I suppose it depends on injuries, but if he doesn't miss a game this season and next and the Collywobblers make the Grand Final in both years I have him at around 410 games at the end of next season, if he goes on a plays again in 2025 he will be 37 which is younger than Boomer when he retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back