Toast Scott Pendlebury captain with Steele and Taylor deputising

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
On the FS Adams saying that Eddie has given him a spray in the past............lets hope it will be his last.

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
I would back Taylor to be the next captain of the club.

I could see Pendles handing it down after this season or next but sticking in the leadership with whoever takes it over... would think that Steele might be too old by then to get the nod.

Always liked the idea of a younger captain with the previous captain there for the first season or 2.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

I could see Pendles handing it down after this season or next but sticking in the leadership with whoever takes it over... would think that Steele might be too old by then to get the nod.

Always liked the idea of a younger captain with the previous captain there for the first season or 2.
Suggest Scott will be captain at least three more seasons, then Adams could jump in or even Steele for a year.
But Scott will reign for a few years yet.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but apparantly Taylor Adams as a teenager or so was involved in an incident, unsavoury, rat bag behaviour, poor etc.
But equally apparantly he has learnt from his discretion and made good, real good.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, he's a terrific citizen now, but in case this gets out deny it.

We have to condem him for life!

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Treloar will be our next Captain CD...........he has Captain written all over him.

He will surpass Pendles as our best player this year and take the mantle as Captain next year IMO.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really like the decision to limit the group to three. Naming a larger group smacks of participation awards. Let's all hold hands and be leaders.

If I was choosing based on what I've seen and heard I would go with Pendles, Adams, Treloar. Treloar is the future of the club, along with Moore. He is a model citizen, well spoken while retaining a common touch, outgoing, sets an example at training and is very well liked. Also happens to be a jet. Complete with wings and engines and... a cockpit... ok I don't know where I'm going with this.
I'm surprised he wasn't named this year. Rusty would be my next choice though, so no complaints there.

Adams is no surprise. The players often talk about his leadership and the standard he sets at training. Maturing into a very, very good footballer and the hard nut every good side needs.

Nice work by the club.

In terms of leadership, you need blokes who will dig deep and raise their game in times of need, but often the guys who are not 'captaincy material' are the ones who do this. Back when we were good, when we needed to lift, it was generally Daisy or Swan - the two who in the eyes of many epitomised good player but not captaincy material- who raised their game and dragged us across the line. Even Cloke did a few times.

The best players don't always make the best captains. What I like most about Adams is that he appears to be a great on-field leader. He understands the game plan and has the capacity to direct players accordingly, he also does not back down from telling his teammates they stuffed up and to lift their game. He gets down and dirty, a bit like Tony Shaw.
Pendles is a great player and legend but sometimes can appear a little removed from the game, same with Steele.
Moore and Treloar are also developing their leadership skills nicely but I don't see them as being considered for captain for some time yet.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What I'm liking is the likely emergence of other newer players into future roles.

Seems this is a growth area, which can only be good

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Suggest Scott will be captain at least three more seasons, then Adams could jump in or even Steele for a year.
But Scott will reign for a few years yet.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but apparantly Taylor Adams as a teenager or so was involved in an incident, unsavoury, rat bag behaviour, poor etc.
But equally apparantly he has learnt from his discretion and made good, real good.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone, he's a terrific citizen now, but in case this gets out deny it.

We have to condem him for life!
Careful someone will tell you not to whinge about the whingers.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Careful someone will tell you not to whinge about the whingers.
Indeed
Or whinge about those that whinge about those that whinge about those that whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back