Injury Scott Pendlebury finger

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe anyone would risk serious injury playing this stupid game.

Pendles only cares about himself and image, hasn't anyone noticed this yet?

That's harsh.

Nah it isn't.

He missed the last 5 weeks because of a finger injury, Pies haven't made finals in 4 years, I would have thought training with the young kids would be a priority, staying healthy.

Ohhhh I remember he did that last year for a day, all the awesome articles released for him to leave a day later, couldn't even do the full camp, this was after he skipped town and missed our VFL preliminary.

Pendles is a s**t captain and s**t leader, all he is worried about is his image.

People say it's a finger injury, very hard be In good touch with marking kicking etc

Oh no. A broken finger. How will he post all those annoying fitness plugs for his business on social media now.

Seriously though. Not a big deal. He can still keep his fitness up and if any player doesn't need to touch a ball till after xmas its him.

And could be worse. Pearce Hanley got a broken hand in the same silly game.

Did anyone actually watch the Game on TV?

Turnbull cutting short his os trip - will summon the House of Reps to debate the issue, Trump predicted to tweet about it shortly - UN Security Council will meet and Honduras refusing to travel to Australia because of injury risk
Has the government got any one left to recall

Nah it isn't.

He missed the last 5 weeks because of a finger injury, Pies haven't made finals in 4 years, I would have thought training with the young kids would be a priority, staying healthy.

Ohhhh I remember he did that last year for a day, all the awesome articles released for him to leave a day later, couldn't even do the full camp, this was after he skipped town and missed our VFL preliminary.

Pendles is a s**t captain and s**t leader, all he is worried about is his image.

People say it's a finger injury, very hard be In good touch with marking kicking etc
Wasn't Pendles with Treloar and Adams training with the 1-4 years came back this week??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t panic. If he had to cop an injury then this is the most minor one possible IMO. Won’t impact fitness in any way & plenty of time for touch and contact work after Christmas.

Won’t impact his 2018 whatsoever.

Not minor if it’s the same one he broke a couple of months ago - since they were taking about if it didn’t help properly they might have to fuze it.

BTW, this wasn’t a “non game”, or any other derogatory term people like to use.
This was representing your country.
Players love this type of thing. As they should.
It's representing your country in a game that only exists in a modified form for a limited time between two teams. Many years back, I watched Sam Kekovich badly injure his knee bouncing the ball out as goalie for an 'AFL soccer game against the Victorian seconds, who beat the team of AFL stars. There were modified rules, one being you could run the ball out of goal bouncing it like a regular AFL full back. If any of the players basked in the glory of representing their state, they were sadly deluded. They were playing neither soccer or aussie football, anymore than the Australian team today were playing gaelic football or aussie rules.

It's a dog's breakfast of a compromised game modified so the players can show some level of prowess with an unfamiliar game and a round ball. The fact that the Scott brothers were presiding over it is indicative of the aggressive edge we try to bring to what is meant to be a non contact game. As a sport, there is about as much prestige to representing your country as there might be in a tiddlywinks tournament.

We don't need Pendles or anyone else half decent playing gaelic/aussie football. This is where the Blair's of this world should be honoured with national representation.

Nah it isn't.

This post says a lot about you. Sad.

It's representing your country in a game that only exists in a modified form for a limited time between two teams. Many years back, I watched Sam Kekovich badly injure his knee bouncing the ball out as goalie for an 'AFL soccer game against the Victorian seconds, who beat the team of AFL stars. There were modified rules, one being you could run the ball out of goal bouncing it like a regular AFL full back. If any of the players basked in the glory of representing their state, they were sadly deluded. They were playing neither soccer or aussie football, anymore than the Australian team today were playing gaelic football or aussie rules.

It's a dog's breakfast of a compromised game modified so the players can show some level of prowess with an unfamiliar game and a round ball. The fact that the Scott brothers were presiding over it is indicative of the aggressive edge we try to bring to what is meant to be a non contact game. As a sport, there is about as much prestige to representing your country as there might be in a tiddlywinks tournament.

We don't need Pendles or anyone else half decent playing gaelic/aussie football. This is where the Blair's of this world should be honoured with national representation.

Blair?
Honoured?
You’ve got to be joking!

I don’t mind our players/coaches involved in rep games. Gives the opportunity to build good relationships with quality players and maybe get a foot in the door in bringing them across... ehem.... Mr Sloane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back