Injury Scott Pendlebury finger

Remove this Banner Ad

No biggie. Main issue this early in the season is to build the fitness base and a broken finger won't stop him doing that. His skills are fine so shouldn't set his ball handling back too much either. Never a fan of these representative games, State games bring the same risks.

I have no issue with him playing the International Rules. It is a risk, but then players can get injured at training as well in competitive drills. You can't cotton wool them. The International Rules is also great fitness ahead of pre-season.

I think scodog made an interesting observation that his tackling technique is the problem. Anyway, sounds like it won't have a huge impact on his pre-season, but not ideal he now has had 2 broken fingers in the space of a couple of months.

I think scodog made an interesting observation that his tackling technique is the problem.
Wouldn't have happened if the opposition player was in a sleeveless or full sleeve guernsey. It's the Rugby style top with the shoulder cut off sleeves that caused the issue.

This thread reads like a Rorschach test

Unlucky minor accident = s**t leader
Comes back early for preseason = s**t captain
Captain of post-season team = Only cares about himself and his image

Interesting... Interesting... Yes I think some heavy anti-depressants and 5 months of Cognitive therapy are in order for you BigFootyers.

Yes and already we have suffered our first serious injury, with the season, as you say, still five months away.
If he is hoping to play in the next game, then it is not serious

I ran into Pendles just before (*) and passed on some of the sentiments of this thread, that his dodgy finger = crap captain. He flipped both middle fingers at me and told me to tell everyone that all is well.

(*) Might be a convenient fiction.

Interesting... Interesting... Yes I think some heavy anti-depressants and 5 months of Cognitive therapy are in order for you BigFootyers.
There's aren't enough good therapists or effective pharmaceuticals in the whole world to deal with some of the nutters in this forum.

I may believe he shouldn't have played but I don't subscribe to the s**t leader and up himself theories bandied about by some, any more than I believe that he is covering himself in glory playing for his country.

This thread reads like a Rorschach test. Unlucky minor accident = s**t leader
Comes back early for preseason = s**t captain. Captain of post-season team = Only cares about himself and his image.
Interesting... Interesting... Yes I think some 1. heavy anti-depressants and 2. 5 months of Cognitive therapy are in order for you BigFootyers.
1. - and industrial strength
2. 5 years possibly (anyway what have you got against therapists?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's aren't enough good therapists or effective pharmaceuticals in the whole world to deal with some of the nutters in this forum.
They have taken over the board.

I swear, if the Herald-Sun reported that the oval at the Holden Centre was going to have the grass cut at 2 inches this year instead of the customary 3 inches, there would be 5 pages of posts on why this is symptomatic of why Eddie should be sacked and why Bucks can't coach

Last edited:
Dear Mods - if it is possible to calculate the ratio - ludicrous posts / topic importance, the ratio for this thread would be off the scale.

The extent of the injury has been determined, I don't think anything more useful can be added.

My suggestion - lock the thread!!

upload_2017-11-13_19-20-0.png

Before this thread is locked..... Pendlebury quoted in this morning's HS - "I love the hybrid series". Hope some posters allow him to have his own opinion. :)

Also, before thread is locked.

Anyone who hasn't seen Tony Wilson's documentary 'The Galahs' should do so right away.

Full movie on AFL website right now:- http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-11-11/trailblazers-the-story-of-the-galahs

The hybrid game has 50 years of history! Funny we're not behind it as much as we should be. The documentary is beautifully told. Must have been fun being a young footy player back in the day...

Don't worry... Ed was all over it :)

Tim Watson has lifted the lid on how Collingwood President Eddie McGuire found out about Scott Pendlebury’s broken finger in Sunday’s International Rules game.

Pendlebury is hopeful of playing in Saturday’s second meeting against Ireland, believing the injury is only a minor one. Despite the severity of the ailment, McGuire wasted no time in getting to the bottom of the situation as soon as it occurred.

“His company is doing the production side of the International Rules, McGuire Media,” Watson told SEN Breakfast.

“He is sitting back in his Jason Recliner Rocker in his lounge room somewhere in Toorak. He can’t see Scott Pendlebury on his screen anywhere, so he picks up his phone and texts someone he knows who is part of the company who is producing, and he says, where’s Pendlebury? And he gets a reply saying, I don’t know. He isn’t going to take that for an answer.

“So he thinks ok, where can I go now to get some more information? He goes through his contact list in his phone and gets to B Scott. Brad Scott is the assistant coach. He thinks, ok I know Scotty always has his phone on him, so he goes ring ring ring, not really probably expecting an answer. But the phone gets picked up by Brad Scott in the Australian coaching box during the International Rules game.

“He says to Scotty, where’s Pendlebury? He says, he has gone to hospital because he has broken his finger. Then Eddie gets back on the phone and rings the producer and says boys, I got some information for you, can you pass this onto Basil Zempilas, the reason Pendlebury isn’t out there is his gone to hospital with a broken finger.”

The Magpies skipper missed the final six games of the 2017 season with a similar injury, but this new concern is on the other hand and isn’t as serious.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11...e-found-out-about-pendlebury's-broken-finger/

The tankers just lost their best player for the season with an ACL. Things could be worse.
3267986-someone-always-has-it-worse-quotes.jpg

:po_O:'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back