Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

He was huge at the end, lol

He wasn't LOL.

His opponents are running off him like he's standing still, pendles afl story is coming to a close and what champion he's been.

We retired Bucks with a lot more in the tank then what Pendles is displaying Ditto Swanny.

Buckley still had the power, speed and ball wining ability when MM retired him all be it hammy scarring issues.
But MM put it to Bucks it's best to retire with a bit in the tank and not mar your career, then be remembered for playing one year too long.
Right now both Pendles and Steele overall are showing the signs.

Had some very good moments in the first half, before going quiet in 2nd half especially the last Q.

He is getting burnt by his opponents.
Definitely closer to the end then the start.c
Absolute garbage. He was very good in the last quarter , yeah he got caught once.. that happens. Probably our 2nd best player today.
Of course he is closer to the end.. he is 36 years old lol

Also his onfield captaincy is worth 3 goals. Worth its weight in gold and we dont win the grand final without that last year

He is the best Collingwood player in my lifetime.

Absolute garbage. He was very good in the last quarter , yeah he got caught once.. that happens. Probably our 2nd best player today.

Also his onfield captaincy is worth 3 goals. Worth its weight in gold and we dont win the grand final without that last year

Nathan Buckley is Pies best player and by a margin.

Had no issues with Pendles playing on but not sure his form has warranted an extension in 2025 and overall his foem is well down on his standards.

Disagree on his game and think he had good stints and poor stints within it.

I don't think we had a stand out maybe Mihocek if he kicked straight off his opportunities.

Think individually it was a pretty even and overall dour game from both sides no stand outs over 4 quarters.

Unlike others I am just calling a spade a spade and not blowing smoke up players arses.
I thought he stood up when he went inside the center for the 2nd quarter , but I also noted his opponent often getting off the chain from him.
Thought he had sporadic moments there after and was largely un impactful in second half.

Last edited:
Nathan Buckley is Pies best player and by a margin.

Had no issues with Pendles playing on but not sure his form has warranted an extension.

Disagree on his game and think he had good sti T's an poor stints within it.
I don't think we had a stand out maybe Mihocek if he kicked straight off his opportunities.
Think individually it was a pretty even and overall dour game from both sides no stand outs over 4 quarters.

Unlike others I am just calling a spade a spade and not blowing smoke up players arses.
I thought he stood up when he went inside the center for the 2nd quarter , but I also noted his opponent often getting off the chain from him.
Thought he had sporadic moments there after and was largely un impactful in second half.
No, you’re just trying to make your bizarre opinion more defensible.

No, you’re just trying to make your bizarre opinion more defensible.

No.

I'm just not going with the sheep flow.

I thought he was good in patches and not a stand out for 4 quarters nor did I think he was defensively sound even when offensivley on.

Bizarre is the reaction to a truthful assessment.

Pendles has had moments and a quarter here or there of good form within games tjis year (1 full game he had that was very good) and largely been off the pace within games and quarters.
I thought he was OK over 4 quarters had a stand out half with a quiet 2nd half.

As for the season and how that plays into 2025, he has been caught more often, fumbled more often and not as sure by hand or foot in 2024 then I've ever seen him.

Steele Sidebottom is another ready to hang the boots up but has been even worse.

I suspect Pendles will play on in 2025 though I'm not sure he necessarily should.

Heres a spade call, there is a reason we didnt win a flag with Buckley, and that is that he was too selfish. Like Pav from Freo and Gary Ablett Sr from Geelong.

The reason is because we never had the talent to around him to do it that Pendles had, but despite that he carried a team with 9 points off it.

So selfish he was often top 3 score involvement, goal assists, inside 50s, and rebound 50s...best field kick I've seen in 30 plus years of watching.

He was a player who could win games off his own boot, could turn the tide momentum single handedly.

As players Buckley was a tier above. There's a spade so big it's a shovel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason is because we never had the talent to around him to do it that Pendles had, but despite that he carried a team with 9 points off it.

So selfish he was often top 3 score involvement, goal assists, inside 50s, and rebound 50s...best field kick I've seen in 30 plus years of watching.

He was a player who could win games off his own boot, could turn the tide momentum single handedly.

As players Buckley was a tier above. There's a spade so big it's a shovel.
you dont want a player trying to do it all themselves. Its the worst way to play.

All this carry on about Pendles getting caught late in the game.. whoopee doo. You see blokes 10-15 years younger than Pendles getting caught in every single match.

Not interested in the debates. Just here to salute a legend!

i

Wonder if the 5 day turnarounds hurt us more than most given the number of 30yo + players in the team?

Remarkable human, was probably our best player yesterday, which is just not supposed to be possible at 36 years of age. Now let's get him to 400 games. Few would argue he is Collingwood's greatest-ever player and certainly in the discussion as one of the competition's greatest ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back