Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

That's enough.. didn't seem to be an issue trading Hodge a 3 time premiership captain to Brisbane..

Pendlebury will not play in another premiership for Collingwood.. if you're having him stick around the joint.. to offload knowledge to the lads.. then the group itself.. has got serious underlying issues that need to be addressed.
Do you know what the hawks got for Hodge?? DUCK EGG!!

True but he taught the Brisbane players a heck of a lot.
Yeah that’s right. That’s why it would be moronic to get rid of him for nothing when we have a significant amount of kids on the list who need to be taught.
Pendles has plenty to offer.
After all, it’s no surprise Petracca had his breakout season after spending time with Pendles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what the hawks got for Hodge?? DUCK EGG!!

I've already explained myself.. it's not so much the pick.. you're making a position on the pitch vacant.. who will put their hand up and say.. I want it.. sell it to young stars at other clubs.. they might even have their eyes on it.

Looks like the hawthorn approach of trading out ageing stars for little didn't really achieve much. Ageing stars past there prime but should be prepared to get a significant pay cut however if there performances drop. Years of very high salary so giving a bit back should be reasonable.

I've already explained myself.. it's not so much the pick.. you're making a position on the pitch vacant.. who will put their hand up and say.. I want it.. sell it to young stars at other clubs.. they might even have their eyes on it.
Just like Hodge made a position vacant at the Hawks and took some kid’s position on the pitch at Brisbane. I’m sure you ask anyone at the Lions and they will most likely tell you that while Hodge wasn’t dominant on the field, his value in teaching the kids on the pitch was more valuable than what a coaching group in the stands could offer.

There are plenty of other players you would be moving on.

It could only make sense if you got a top player or pick for him which we have seen you won’t.

Sidey on the other hand may be a different story being younger and has the class to help one of the top teams get to the next level.

That’s not how it works. You have to make a kid earn his spot. Not just be given one, that’s how they get complacent

You say ‘it’s not so much the pick’ suggesting we won’t get anything for him. But the important thing in your view is creating an additional spot on the field for a young kid. You think a young ‘star’ from another club will want to come to the pies and play with only kids, when a legend of the club and game has been shown the door???? They are more likely to come to learn and play beside Pendles than Rantall.

You say ‘it’s not so much the pick’ suggesting we won’t get anything for him. But the important thing in your view is creating an additional spot on the field for a young kid. You think a young ‘star’ from another club will want to come to the pies and play with only kids, when a legend of the club and game has been shown the door???? They are more likely to come to learn and play beside Pendles than Rantall.

Yes.. of course.. if I wanted to go to a club.. I would chose the 1 player as my mentor..

Really.. what a predicament we're in right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back