Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Great point… Pendlebury is a similar player to Caleb Daniels so he could play as a small defender… fmd.
Lmfao imagine being this ignorant and incapable of processing logic.

That wasn't even your original point. It doesn't matter what size Caleb Daniel is because he doesn't defend anyways lol...

For half backs - the more important trait is kicking skills. and players like Daniel Rich (All Australian HBF btw) has proven that you don't need to be an exceptional 1 on 1 player nor do you need to be kick to dominate as a rebounder.

Great point… Pendlebury is a similar player to Caleb Daniels so he could play as a small defender… fmd.

Virtually everyone you mentioned is an all Australian defender, they can defend much better than Pendlebury and all have speed to break lines… wtf are u on about?
Rich is probably the most similar, but when you can kick it like him, you break lines without needing speed.

Lmfao imagine being this ignorant and incapable of processing logic.

That wasn't even your original point. It doesn't matter what size Caleb Daniel is because he doesn't defend anyways lol...

For half backs - the more important trait is kicking skills. and players like Daniel Rich (All Australian HBF btw) has proven that you don't need to be an exceptional 1 on 1 player nor do you need to be kick to dominate as a rebounder.

You think Pendlebury would work well as a defender and you call others ignorant... the lack of self awareness is... disturbing.

Yep, Rich is the closest, and still not even close to being like Pendlebury.
In the sense that Rich has a similar skillset as Pendlebury but is all around just worse?... and is still able to dominate off half back as an AA player?

You think Pendlebury would work well as a defender and you call others ignorant... the lack of self awareness is... disturbing.
I mean after 3 posts you still have not provided a single valid point, nor have you addressed any arguments I brought up.

This level of incompetency is hard to come across. Welcome to my ignore list.

I mean after 3 posts you still have not provided a single valid point, nor have you addressed any arguments I brought up.

This level of incompetency is hard to come across. Welcome to my ignore list.

That kind of tantrum reminds me of another poster who brags about his ignore list, bravo you can't have a discussion without getting upset.

In the sense that Rich has a similar skillset as Pendlebury but is all around just worse?... and is still able to dominate off half back as an AA player?
Not all round worse. He's arguably the best line breaking kick in the league. Pendles did play a good couple of games at half back a few years ago, so it's not something that couldn't work. His back half ball use has typically been a bit too conservative for me, but that could have been our Conservative coaching and running patterns.

Not all round worse. He's arguably the best line breaking kick in the league. Pendles did play a good couple of games at half back a few years ago, so it's not something that couldn't work. His back half ball use has typically been a bit too conservative for me, but that could have been our Conservative coaching and running patterns.
All other arguments aside you don't plow the back 50 with a Rolls Royce.
Even an old rusty one.

Looks a big chance to stay as skipper. He has already returned to training and the wouldbe successors have not. Just shows the difference between dedication and a more lacklustre attitude. He always returns early. Fly seems happy about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those HB games were as a +1 in defence. The introduction of the 6-6-6 reduces those opportunities. We already carry a couple of below average 1v1 defenders in our defensive group in Noble and Quaynor. Adding Pendles to that mix does nothing to improve it IMHO.

I’d rather Madge in defence than Pendles. He’s much maligned but IMHO he’s pretty good 1v1 defensively. The issue for Madge is decision making and disposal lack consistency.
Madgen being good one on one is a myth. One on one is where he gets caught out either by a player too strong or too quick for him. That’s why despite being a terrible decision maker he plays a role that allows him to get plenty of the ball.

What Madge is decent at is playing loose and getting a third up spoil.

Agree on most positions, except wing. I think that should be his main role from here on out.
I agree.
He can pinch hit through the middle when we need some leadership or a rotation, but I think his value to us might be on a wing- particularly as an extra clearance player at stoppages around the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back