Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not even joking he could honestly play till he was 40 just plays a beautiful brand that ages gracefully.

Some of those handballs he dished out last night were stuff the normal human just cant do.

freak

He makes footy look like the easiest, relaxing sport.

Freak

Scotty interview on MMM - what a legend he is.

Strong views on punishing 'non-football actions' and concussion protocols.

He's absolutely right - if it's not a football action and it impacts another player it MUST be punished.

We all know there is a huge class action about it and the outcome is a done deal - only the payout yet to be determined.

I agree with Scotty that the NRL have the right attitude - sin bin - 10 to 15 minutes with NO player coming off the bench.

Force the team to play with 17 men and then see what the coach and club attitude is to non-football actions.

It WILL work and almost instantly.

Just DO it.

Last edited:
361 games in and I reckon he cracked the biggest smile of his career after he walked around those three tiges and kicked that goal. Freak.
You couldn’t get more classic pendlebury than that. How many times do guys go the wrong way around him? He tricked all three going a tick over walking speed. It was hilarious.

Watching the Bulldogs game on Thursday, Dale Thomas said would you believe they were drafted in the same year?

What a champion we have in Pendles, unbelieveable player, good clubman, great Captain and he is ours.

Hope he has a couple of more years in him given how he prepares himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the flag this year i think he will retire like Selwood
I would hope not. This team is better suited for some more long-term success if we continue with our good recruiting, and Pendlebury is a big part of that. I think 2-3 years should be his aim, especially with the way he’s evolving his game. He’s hitting the scoreboard more than he has in years, tackling hard, winning clearances and getting the contested footy.

He’s still doing his same old freakishness, but I think he’s changed his game a little bit to try and fit the strengths of the Daicos brothers, Crisp, De Goey and the like. Using his freakish vision and hands in traffic to set them up to break lines, as he used to do with Swan & Sidebottom.

The full Pendlebury circle.

Lol 2018 Mike Sheahan. Pendles is still an A Grader. Averaging 24 disposals and 9 score involvements this season.

This is why we should take AFL media with a grain of salt. We found out after the 2018 season that Pendles played through a bad back injury.

Lol 2018 Mike Sheahan. Pendles is still an A Grader. Averaging 24 disposals and 9 score involvements this season.

This is why we should take AFL media with a grain of salt. We found out after the 2018 season that Pendles played through a bad back injury.
Sheehan makes Robbo look intelligent.

If we win the flag this year i think he will retire like Selwood

Zero chance. Selwood was on the decline and more importantly knew his team was likely to fall off a cliff too.

He will play on depending upon maintaining his form which currently is not in doubt.

If we won a flag this year we might lose Howe and Sidebottom, but not Pendles.

is mike wrong though? pendles was crap that season relatively speaking. but of course it came out he was severely hindered all season by that injury, which makes it impressive enough that he was even playing - and serviceable most games!

is mike wrong though? pendles was crap that season relatively speaking. but of course it came out he was severely hindered all season by that injury, which makes it impressive enough that he was even playing - and serviceable most games!

He polled 15 Brownlow votes and was only behind Grundy/Sidebottom who tied in the Copeland...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back