Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Appears to no longer be best 22 at Geelong as others at the club have gone past him.

Will be interesting to see what he decides to do come year's end given he will be out of contract.

What clubs would be interested in his services and what would he be worth in a trade?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
18-12-13-5-14-13-0* games since 2013. Shame as he was really good for us in 2011/12.

Given he's not a brilliant match winning type player anyway I doubt he would attract any interest. Might be worth keeping around for another year or two on a low money deal If Ablett retires and Kelly leaves but he's not a Daniel Wells who you gamble on knowing you'll probably only get 10-15 games a year on average. Guys who play defensive roles and can only stay on the park for half a season aren't really sought after.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember once upon a time a Geelong fan suggested to me a straight swap of Selwood for Duncan was about fair. One year apart in age, Duncan from WA and Selwood from Vic. Neither were actually up for trade at the time but there was Selwood to Geelong talk since he was drafted.

Sad how far Selwood has fallen in the second half of his career. Hasn't been able to stay on the park.

Back