Rumour Scott Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I volunteer Pivot to start a new thread over there and see what he can establish. Report back please.:p
Yeah, because, you know, I haven't had enough of a tough week as it is.

- watch Hawthorn defeat Geelong by 5 point in a Prelim.
- watch Box Hill win the VFL premiership over Geelong.
- find out Woodville-West Torrens were bundled out of the SANFL finals in straight sets.
- Cam Eardley gets delisted.
- People start suggesting Heath Shaw wants to come to Geelong.
- I'm starting to have reservations about the safety of Schroder.

And now you want me to find out if a guy I have followed since U/18s would be enough to get our skipper's little bro to the club?!?!?!

Any chance we can pick on some other poster's favourite players for 5 minutes?? :p

Hey guys, my mate mentioned this yesterday to me and i laughed it off. Only reason i was so confident is that we (the supporters) have already gone to great lengths to confirm there is no issue with Scooter leaving.

I can't be bothered finding the posts to back it up but during the Demons rumour someone contacted our media manager through twitter. He confirmed Scooter is not going anywhere and wants to remain a one club player. Someone then asked Josh Kennedy through twitter and he laughed it off also stating he wasn't leaving.

Add to the fact the we have thrown a role Adam Selwoods way to stay at the club before a coach is signed is a clear indication he is not going anywhere.

Probably a future captain of our club and last years B & F. Needs to clean up his disposal and learn to kick a goal but make him a run with tagger and he'll shut down the best of them. Just ask Ablett how he feels playing on him.

While Duncan is a awesome player and i would love him at the club, he wouldn't come close to getting the deal done.

Since Scooter is contracted we would expect your first pick and Duncan/Motlop more likely.

I'm not underselling Duncan, it's just that we value Scooter so much.

Look no further to the Mitch Brown (our one) situation last year. He asked for a trade to St Kilda, we stated strongly that we wanted to keep him and he was under contract. St Kilda tried hard to get Cale Hooker for us so we'd accept trading him but Hooker declined. In the end Brown was kept as he was a required player regardless of how he felt as he was contracted. 12 months later and Brown has re signed for 3 years.

Since Scooter is contracted for two more years i would say the chance of him going anywhere is extremely unlikely unless said destination wish to be bent over in the trade to acquire him.

I would think considering how smartly you guys turn over your list you wouldn't even consider the terms making this one for the silly season.

Everyone vastly overrating their own, as usual.

First pick PLUS Duncan/Motlop is totally laughable. You'd think you were talking about Gary Ablett for that sort of price.

Of course a few of ours on here overrating Duncan too. Straight trade with maybe a late pick swap is probably around the mark, and potentially a win-win for both clubs.

Everyone vastly overrating their own, as usual.

First pick PLUS Duncan/Motlop is totally laughable. You'd think you were talking about Gary Ablett for that sort of price.

Of course a few of ours on here overrating Duncan too. Straight trade with maybe a late pick swap is probably around the mark, and potentially a win-win for both clubs.

It won't get done. Not even a possibility.

A) Contracted for two more years.
B) Older brother and former teammate given new role at the club.
C) Being groomed as future captain. (I have a feeling the new Coach this year will actually give it to him for next year)
D) B & F winner in 2012 and leading brownlow vote getter for the club.

I know how good Duncan is and i would LOVE him at the club, but do you honestly believe that West Coast would see Duncan and a 2nd for 3rd or 3rd for 4th pick swap acceptable for their future captain who is under lock and key for two more years?

If you do then i suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

If true then Joel and GFC would naturally have the jump well before
that whanker KB had wind of it.
What's the captain carrot when he could play out of the guts beside
his brother in the greatest team of all.
Perth only has the weather, oh yeah, and Freo.
There is another "one club man" playing tomorrow, until the siren.

I know that they are a couple of hours behind us, but a little surprised that this rumour hasn't reached the Weagles Board ;)

I volunteer Pivot to start a new thread over there and see what he can establish. Report back please.:p
Because there's absolutely nothing in it, therefore it's not worth discussing. He's our next captain (could be as early as next year). He also moved into his newly built house in Perth less than a month ago.

If our board believed every rumour we've heard this off season, we would have all of Buddy, Martin, D.Thomas, Conca and Yarran on our list and Hurn would be in the United States right now punting for a NFL side.

It won't get done. Not even a possibility.

A) Contracted for two more years.
B) Older brother and former teammate given new role at the club.
C) Being groomed as future captain. (I have a feeling the new Coach this year will actually give it to him for next year)
D) B & F winner in 2012 and leading brownlow vote getter for the club.

I know how good Duncan is and i would LOVE him at the club, but do you honestly believe that West Coast would see Duncan and a 2nd for 3rd or 3rd for 4th pick swap acceptable for their future captain who is under lock and key for two more years?

If you do then i suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

Having him contracted put the ball in your court. I do wonder why this has come up after only signing 12 months ago. Perhaps his loyalty was to coach rather than club...
Anyway , unless something happen that gives us serious leverage I agree its unlikely. On Duncan V ScottS. We do have a bit of a history of investigating trade and then failing to get it don recently.

On a trade value , SS , Duncan , two different type and one could make the argument that both clubs need the trade but need to keep the player that might be traded. Duncan a year younger it would give him good value but it would take more to get it done. Motlop is an over the top name because he is going nowhere, his value is higher than Duncans

Because there's absolutely nothing in it, therefore it's not worth discussing. He's our next captain (could be as early as next year). He also moved into his newly built house in Perth less than a month ago.

If our board believed every rumour we've heard this off season, we would have all of Buddy, Martin, D.Thomas, Conca and Yarran on our list and Hurn would be in the United States right now punting for a NFL side.

As I said I doubt it will get done , but that doesn't mean there is nothing to it. I think you guys were into Conca big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having him contracted put the ball in your court. I do wonder why this has come up after only signing 12 months ago. Perhaps his loyalty was to coach rather than club...
Anyway , unless something happen that gives us serious leverage I agree its unlikely. On Duncan V ScottS. We do have a bit of a history of investigating trade and then failing to get it don recently.

On a trade value , SS , Duncan , two different type and one could make the argument that both clubs need the trade but need to keep the player that might be traded. Duncan a year younger it would give him good value but it would take more to get it done. Motlop is an over the top name because he is going nowhere, his value is higher than Duncans

That's nailed it, TC. In short, neither side would go for that deal unless they were absolutely desperate to get the other bloke; and good as both players are, I cannot see any reason why that would be the case. We don't desperately need/want Selwood, and they don't desperately need/want Duncan.
It becomes a possibility if WC comes under the hammer because SS says he's gone, full stop; but even then, I doubt Geelong would see enough value in him to lose its only current effective versatile long outside runner.
But if WC would cop Smedts and Horlin-Smith, or their ilk, that's a different matter.

Would love to have him, is the type of midfielder we need, him and Joel in the middle would be awesome.

But west coast would want one of our promising youngsters like Guthrie, Duncan, Motlop and Christensen and there's no way were going to give up any of those guys.

Well if varcoe does want out, varcoe to Adelaide/port, something from them to wc and our first rounder? If varcoe was at his best, he is worth a lot. Problem is he may be going at his low (if the rumors are true). Too much of a Duncan fan to let him go.

so after 1 week selwood sylvia shaw mumford oh and got dna from coleman and cloned him want to come to geelong got to love the funny season

Well if varcoe does want out, varcoe to Adelaide/port, something from them to wc and our first rounder? If varcoe was at his best, he is worth a lot. Problem is he may be going at his low (if the rumors are true). Too much of a Duncan fan to let him go.

Don't tell me that little bugger doesn't want out!....now that he's kept his head down through this Chappy thing........who cares to let him go,.....he'll never be worth any more than he is now!

Good frikkin' riddance.

If this player was called Scott Smith and not Scott Selwood I doubt this conversation would even be happening.

Just wont happen.
Ash Smith for Duncan? :p

This was tweeted by Jay Clark about two weeks ago, FWIW:

Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSunAnd Scott Selwood not leaving West Coast. Not under any circumstance. Will become Eagles next captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back