Toast Scott Thompson 300 games

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a joke.

Thompson should've paid the AFC to stay on the list not the other way around. Refund last seasons pay for costing us with his mediocre performances.

Should've retired end of 2015 as a club legend...now I view him as an extremely selfish individual taking advantage of an inept and impotent footy dept.

So...same question
Which young talent can you hold your hand on your heart and say would perform better than Thommo in what can only be described as a season defining game?

So...same question
Which young talent can you hold your hand on your heart and say would perform better than Thommo in what can only be described as a season defining game?
It's not always 100% about the next game.

But if you need to ask, if Greenwood had to rest I would've either selected Seedsman and put Smith into the middle or selected Galluci and given Cameron more mid time.

Either move has just as much chance of working offensively AND defensively as playing Thompson...and lo and behold it may even be a bold move that might uncover another much needed element to our one-dimensional midfield before finals time.

EDIT: Would've been happy for Poholke to get one game if Pyke cannot envisage any change to his floundering structure.

yeah that's really worked in all our finals losses with Thompson.

He won us the Phil Walsh showdown but that's it.
I was trying to point out the issue that there are other factors you need to weigh in other than the fact he's slow or fast.
I also am ambivalent as to whether Thommo should be playing in the Final rounds, depending on his form and how the team plays out over the next 2 months. His inclusion is certainly no doomsday, and does not mean he is guaranteed a Finals game.

I was trying to point out the issue that there are other factors you need to weigh in other than the fact he's slow or fast.
I also am ambivalent as to whether Thommo should be playing in the Final rounds, depending on his form and how the team plays out over the next 2 months. His inclusion is certainly no doomsday, and does not mean he is guaranteed a Finals game.
How can you be ambivalent...did you watch our recent finals?

Have thought of a good nickname for Thommo - BAT - Biceps And Thighs!

Sure, he's slowered down, but thommo's inclusion maybe the injection we need for leadership, courage, and added consistency and reliability in the mode "see ball, attack ball". If he gets beaten by his opposition, but the entire team lifts because of his physical presence, then maybe a few games with Thommo in, I don't think it's all that bad. Might actually be the injection of team spirit we need!
Young guys not getting a run because we are playing a clearly past it club legend. Yay for team spirit.

At the expense of which young talent?

Ah dunno, have a think.

It's not always 100% about the next game.

But if you need to ask, if Greenwood had to rest I would've either selected Seedsman and put Smith into the middle or selected Galluci and given Cameron more mid time.

Either move has just as much chance of working offensively AND defensively as playing Thompson...and lo and behold it may even be a bold move that might uncover another much needed element to our one-dimensional midfield before finals time.

You're a bold man.
Smith in the middle:D
I'm one of those who thinks he's more valuable off the HB line ( over the past three seasons where all and sundry has wanted him in the middle) especially with slowpoke Otten now down back.
Cameron is about an inside mid as much as I am.

If we lose this game will it be 100% about our next game?;)

You're a bold man.
Smith in the middle:D
I'm one of those who thinks he's more valuable off the HB line ( over the past three seasons where all and sundry has wanted him in the middle) especially with slowpoke Otten now down back.
Cameron is about an inside mid as much as I am.

If we lose this game will it be 100% about our next game?;)

We have Sloane, Crouch and Crouch and until this week, Greenwood. How many more inside midfielders do we need? Cameron looked great running through the midfield early in the year and really changed the whole potency of that unit.

How can you be ambivalent...did you watch our recent finals?
Yes I did, the whole side played poorly, not just Thommo. And there's no guarantee Thommo would be picked for the Finals, which is why I'm ambivalent. Reserving judgment pending his game later tonight and however many games forth.
Thommo is a great team leader, lest not forget. There is much more he can provide for the team then just 'slow legs'.
Young guys not getting a run because we are playing a clearly past it club legend. Yay for team spirit.
The situation where we're at now is:
"do we pick a potential player who might peak later this year, or the year after, or the year after?"
Or
"do we pick a player who although not at his peak, but provides a genuine and reliable attack on the ball (and usually gets 20-25 possessions)?"

We have Sloane, Crouch and Crouch and until this week, Greenwood. How many more inside midfielders do we need? Cameron looked great running through the midfield early in the year and really changed the whole potency of that unit.
Greenwood is being managed so you can't count him,perhaps that why Thommo is in ...go figure.
Sloane will be negated by Son of biting eye gouging Italian scum so nothing changes there....or does it....maybe Thommo might be a good ally here too?
Cameron is not an inside midfielder; but I agree he does look great running through the midfield;)

Yes I did, the whole side played poorly, not just Thommo. And there's no guarantee Thommo would be picked for the Finals, which is why I'm ambivalent. Reserving judgment pending his game later tonight and however many games forth.
Thommo is a great team leader, lest not forget. There is much more he can provide for the team then just 'slow legs'.

The situation where we're at now is:
"do we pick a potential player who might peak later this year, or the year after, or the year after?"
Or
"do we pick a player who although not at his peak, but provides a genuine and reliable attack on the ball (and usually gets 20-25 possessions)?"
So simplistic. The young player has already shown more two-way ability than Thompson has shown in 3 years, has been hitting the scoreboard and will presumably keep rapidly improving. You're making like Greenwood is afraid of a contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood is being managed so you can't count him,perhaps that why Thommo is in ...go figure.
Sloane will be negated by Son of biting eye gouging Italian scum so nothing changes there....or does it....maybe Thommo might be a good ally here too?
Cameron is not an inside midfielder; but I agree he does look great running through the midfield;)
If Greenwood is being managed after 2 games in a month then perhaps we need to ask some questions why that might be.

Tell me about how Thompson's presence in the midfield the last few years helped when Dangerfield was being scragged?

If Greenwood is being managed after 2 games in a month then perhaps we need to ask some questions why that might be.

Tell me about how Thompson's presence in the midfield the last few years helped when Dangerfield was being scragged?

Greenwood will benefit by the rest.
Thommos presence probably didn't help Danger too much, but he won a lot of contested ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back