Scott: Waite's best footy is ahead of him

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's incorrect.

31 have not been as you put it, pretty poor.

This is clearly a make or break season for Majak. I think you will find he would have played over a 100 games for us had we not had the premier ruckman in the comp from 2014-2016. He is a ruckman, unfortunately for him, he is 3rd in line for that role.

Also, In that 9 years he has been on our list Melbourne haven't played finals or beaten us, so I guess it could be worse.
Well his manager should have sought a better opportunity at a new club... Matt Priddis obvious devil's advocate

All jokes aside, Waite's football at North has been nothing short of fantastic.

Didn't really play as a forward this weekend, was excellent around the ground.

All jokes aside, Waite's football at North has been nothing short of fantastic.

Didn't really play as a forward this weekend, was excellent around the ground.

He has shown lots of potential at North that's for sure, often early in the season too. His first few rounds last year were amazing as well.

Fairly solid evidence that Waite's most consistent footy has been played at North Melbourne.

Also had his highest possession count since 2009 last week.

Whats_App_Image.jpg

Fairly solid evidence that Waite's most consistent footy has been played at North Melbourne.

Also had his highest possession count since 2009 last week.

Whats_App_Image.jpg
Those stats are somewhat misleading, he spent a fair bit of time in defence with Carlton and only became a bonafide forward in his last few seasons with us. Before that he was a genuine swingman who spent more time in the back 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those stats are somewhat misleading, he spent a fair bit of time in defence with Carlton and only became a bonafide forward in his last few seasons with us. Before that he was a genuine swingman who spent more time in the back 6.

I agree with you on the goals tally but playing down back allowed him to take far more marks and rack up possessions and tackles at Carlton.

The reality is he struggled with consistency as a forward at Carlton, something he has found at North, and which makes him far more valuable now.

If the Dees opt to use to Lever to play loose and try and chop off the high balls into Brown, it could let Waitey off the leash to roam the MCG, which he loves, to dominate like he did last week.

He's a very very smart footballer now.

I agree with you on the goals tally but playing down back allowed him to take far more marks and rack up possessions and tackles at Carlton.

The reality is he struggled with consistency as a forward at Carlton, something he has found at North, and which makes him far more valuable now.
Playing in our backline during the worst period in the clubs history most certainly didn't help him get more possessions. The only real difference in stats are goals and cont marks, the rest are negligible.

His perceived inconsistency came through getting suspended or injured. When he actually played he did well, I don't think of his time when on the field at Carlton as inconsistent.

Playing in our backline during the worst period in the clubs history most certainly didn't help him get more possessions. The only real difference in stats are goals and cont marks, the rest are negligible.

His perceived inconsistency came through getting suspended or injured. When he actually played he did well, I don't think of his time when on the field at Carlton as inconsistent.

Waite Kennedy Betts
Garlett Henderson Yarran
and don't forget...BIG FEV!!!

We've essentially given/traded away an elite forwardline over the years #sad

Well you did get pick 64 back for Jeffrey so no need to be so sad
LOL

Waite = nothing in return, despite him getting a decent FA contract and obviously playing strong footbal
Yarran = pick 19, massive ripoff and when healthy is worth 2 first rounders
Betts = Thomas, lol worst of the lot
Garlett = pick 64, probably worth a top 20 pick but he was out of form so fair enough
Henderson = Decent return, fair enough
Fev = Great return, we reamed Brissy

LOL

Waite = nothing in return, despite him getting a decent FA contract and obviously playing strong footbal
Garlett = pick 64, probably worth a top 20 pick but he was out of form so fair enough

At no point in time, in any universe, was Chris Yarran ever worth two first rounders.

At no point in time, in any universe, was Chris Yarran ever worth two first rounders.

Yeah I think old mate confused rounders with pingers

LOL

Some stinkers there tbh, the Malthouse years especially

lol if we got 2 first rounders for a 29 yr old gibbs, we could've gotten the same for Yazzamatazz in his prime

EDIT: he was drafted at pick 6 mind you!

Gibbs was and still is a significantly better player and has been for many years.

You got overs for Yarran as is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back