Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
West had a shocker; not only did nothing go right but he also played a selfish and undisciplined game. Someone can stay in if they have a bad game when they do the team things and crack in but West wasn't even doing that.

Being dropped is not the insult some take it to be. Dane Swan was dropped multiple times in 2003, a year he won the Pies VFL B&F in their flag side. Ablett Jnr in 2002.
More recently, with their careers yet to project out, Jack Graham was dropped in 2019 and forced to regain his spot, Liam Duggan was dropped for the 2019 finals, as was Noah Balta! With the right attitude being dropped makes you a better player.

Hell even Jack Macrae credited being dropped for playing badly for why he plays to such a high standard nowadays.

lmfao, imagine your dad potting your team mates like this.

Dude's IQ must be low af.

I struggle to believe how these people can exist in normal society without the money they earned from football.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lmfao, imagine your dad potting your team mates like this.

Dude's IQ must be low af.

I struggle to believe how these people can exist in normal society without the money they earned from football.
Look he might have been going for ‘Libba’ and it just looks funny but who the f does this when they’re pushing on 50.

D92ACE56-F9F7-4090-B931-41DFF7A5D8C6.jpeg

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
So what your saying is it's the two guys that come in fault the Bulldogs lost to the tigers. After a solid month of VFL form they deserve more than 1 game to show their wares. It breaks their confidence. I think he has fair points, he's also being a VFL coach, who would have seen this constantly to his players, dropped after one game. Beveridge should understand this better than most, as this happened during the majority of his career.

2002 was abletts first year, where he and a number of cats were given multiple games on a row of AFL games, and then we're rested to the VFL. Not just given one game and dropped.

Not sure what a phone call would do from west to Beveridge, not sure to many dad's call the coach at AFL level, nothing in it, we are to PC worried today

Moronic.

I'm a fan of Rhylee West, think he'll be a decent enough player, but his performance v Richmond was potentially one of the worst individually all year. 1 effective disposal, 5 clangers, nothing worked for him.
I reckon better off getting confidence back up in VFL performing well, as he's shown he's capable of, rather than serving up that sh*t at AFL level again.

Schache was also awful. Again, better off having another go at VFL and getting your hands on the ball rather than having concrete hands.

Being dropped is not the insult some take it to be. Dane Swan was dropped multiple times in 2003, a year he won the Pies VFL B&F in their flag side. Ablett Jnr in 2002.
More recently, with their careers yet to project out, Jack Graham was dropped in 2019 and forced to regain his spot, Liam Duggan was dropped for the 2019 finals, as was Noah Balta! With the right attitude being dropped makes you a better player.

Obviously we don't know the full story, if Bevo drops them and doesn't tell them what they need to work on specifically to get a spot back, then yeah sure have a whinge, but don't perform like sh*t and expect to get a game (in a top 4 side anyway, come to North and we'll have 1 effective disposal a game thanks).

Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens
So what your saying is it's the two guys that come in fault the Bulldogs lost to the tigers. After a solid month of VFL form they deserve more than 1 game to show their wares. It breaks their confidence. I think he has fair points, he's also being a VFL coach, who would have seen this constantly to his players, dropped after one game. Beveridge should understand this better than most, as this happened during the majority of his career.

2002 was abletts first year, where he and a number of cats were given multiple games on a row of AFL games, and then we're rested to the VFL. Not just given one game and dropped.

Not sure what a phone call would do from west to Beveridge, not sure to many dad's call the coach at AFL level, nothing in it, we are to PC worried today

Bevo has given McNeil and Scott extended runs this year through some up and down games because there is scope forward and back for those new players to impact, and probably why JJ has survived too. It is much harder for West who isn't good enough to be part of their elite midfield rotation so he had to come in and play a totally different role to the VFL, which he clearly didn't convince Bevo he can do for the team so tough luck.

Agree, Scott West has no right to call Bevo but also there is no positive in making a public Facebook post other than to be a distraction. If Scott wants to have a positive impact he should talk directly to Rhylee about how he played and how Rhylee thinks he could have had a more positive impact and work on that to get another shot. And Rhylee should have pretty clear communication from Bevo of what he needs to do for another chance.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
So he has great form in the VFL as a mid, they lose dunkley bring him in, doesn't play in the midfield, I'm pretty sure Scotty also said he didn't play well, but you can't just a give a young guy a week in then drop him, the same goes for schache, those guys performances aren't why the dogs lost that week, I think Scotty is pissed off that his form warranted preserving with, for both guys for a month block, if their form continued In the same way there'd be no issue about being dropped, Now they both go back to the VFL with their confidence shot, pretty sure Bruce played most of last year without getting a kick, except against North, I'd be more than happy to have west at geelong

Bevo has given McNeil and Scott extended runs this year through some up and down games because there is scope forward and back for those new players to impact, and probably why JJ has survived too. It is much harder for West who isn't good enough to be part of their elite midfield rotation so he had to come in and play a totally different role to the VFL, which he clearly didn't convince Bevo he can do for the team so tough luck.

Agree, Scott West has no right to call Bevo but also there is no positive in making a public Facebook post other than to be a distraction. If Scott wants to have a positive impact he should talk directly to Rhylee about how he played and how Rhylee thinks he could have had a more positive impact and work on that to get another shot. And Rhylee should have pretty clear communication from Bevo of what he needs to do for another chance.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So he has great form in the VFL as a mid, they lose dunkley bring him in, doesn't play in the midfield, I'm pretty sure Scotty also said he didn't play well, but you can't just a give a young guy a week in then drop him, the same goes for schache, those guys performances aren't why the dogs lost that week, I think Scotty is pissed off that his form warranted preserving with, for both guys for a month block, if their form continued In the same way there'd be no issue about being dropped, Now they both go back to the VFL with their confidence shot, pretty sure Bruce played most of last year without getting a kick, except against North, I'd be more than happy to have west at geelong

but you can't just a give a young guy a week in then drop him

Why not? Seems a bit "too PC" to just worry about a players feelings and keep them in the side at the expense of performance.

So what your saying is it's the two guys that come in fault the Bulldogs lost to the tigers.

I never blamed those 2 directly for the lose either Scott. Learn to read. They sure as * didn't do anything to help win.

Both showed they clearly weren't ready for AFL. This wasn't a "part" performance, where you see they just need some extra time to get up with the speed of AFL, they were completely out at sea.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd love to know how many games of senior footy you've played, my guess is you gave up after under 12s.

Scotty Wests comments were on the money,

but you can't just a give a young guy a week in then drop him

Why not? Seems a bit "too PC" to just worry about a players feelings and keep them in the side at the expense of performance.

So what your saying is it's the two guys that come in fault the Bulldogs lost to the tigers.

I never blamed those 2 directly for the lose either Scott. Learn to read. They sure as fu** didn't do anything to help win.

Both showed they clearly weren't ready for AFL. This wasn't a "part" performance, where you see they just need some extra time to get up with the speed of AFL, they were completely out at sea.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd love to know how many games of senior footy you've played, my guess is you gave up after under 12s.

Scotty Wests comments were on the money,

West may have been a great footballer, but is apparently an ordinary teammate and human off field.
He has also publicly outed himself as a poor father.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably equates to a great footy brain, and you'd probably listen to when he talks footy,

Just jump on and hang s**t on the guy, isn't that the gist of this forum about him, how about have your own thoughts instead of Chinese whispers 3rd or 4th opinions

West may have been a great footballer, but is apparently an ordinary teammate and human off field.
He has also publicly outed himself as a poor father.

Classy way to go would be to shut up and say nothing
Given the Dogs can't pay more for coaches, as all teams can't, maybe he could roll up to training to offer to help out on a voluntary basis.

Arguably one of the most decorated footballers in their club's history, short of Beveridge feeling like someone was parking in his garage it could provide a better atmosphere to discuss how and where his son is being played.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given the Dogs can't pay more for coaches, as all teams can't, maybe he could roll up to training to offer to help out on a voluntary basis.

Arguably one of the most decorated footballers in their club's history, short of Beveridge feeling like someone was parking in his garage it could provide a better atmosphere to discuss how and where his son is being played.
Parking in someone else’s garage is probably more an issue here than with others.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2002 Geelong weren't contending for a top 4 and potential Premiership, of course they were more willing to give kids extended runs.

Even in saying that though, it ignores that Lachie McNeil and Anthony Scott (both first year players) have been selected for every game. The fact is that neither of them (Schache and West) played well and in a top side, you can't be holding onto them when there's high competition for spots

Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sometimes when I'm having a rough day I picture Scott West's pained expression on the night he finished runner up to Woewodin and it never fails to cheer me up.
The bloke was always about himself, not the team. Grade A w***er
Scott was probably telling Rhylee to go back and kick it both times he burnt his team mates in better positions during the Richmond game. The kid deserved to be dropped after those actions.

Back