Scott's Not Going Anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You want to know why? Because in all their wisdom, the board were so impressed with the elimination final that they extended his contract until 2016. A club that can't afford to sack a coach decided to give him the longest deal of any coach in the AFL. Somehow I doubt there were clubs lining up to steal him off us.

As soon as I heard he was signed until the end of 2016 I was shocked. Not always the best thing for a group of players to know that there coach is signed for so long as coaches always will be diss liked by some of the group regardless of who he is.

Yeah, why was that? Was it seriously because they thought other clubs were going to poach him? Or was it a vote of confidence from the club?

In any case - even in good years, we're on the borderline, and can't afford to go and pay out any contracts. Especially when there's two or three years remaining on one.

So it's three and a half more years of watching a frustrated man drinking Diet Coke and looking like he's going to cry because everything is against him, in the coaches box. Hey, I do that too. Only differences? I'm not paid to coach the club (and I also like real Coke).

Good times. Good times indeed, coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wanted bomber Thompson gone.

How did that turn out?

Time to have some players move on before the coach.
I had a go at this comment 2 weeks ago, the old what about Geelong and Bomber. What about Sydney and Eade ? What about Eagles going after Malthouse? What about Brissy going after Matthews? What about Adelaide and Blight? Bomber is not the norm. History points to us getting an experienced coach or promoting someone with in. Either Crock tackes over or we throw everything at Roos.

Mentioning Geelong and Bomber is just ignorant.

Had 59 of the most useless hitouts I've ever seen. Nicholls and Dixon taught him a lesson in intensity.

He had a poor game granted yep 1 hitout to advantage in the first half but Currie replacing him would not have significantly altered the outcome of the game. Not with the our shocking structure and general inability to get the ball and have a meaningful disposal.

He had a poor game granted yep 1 hitout to advantage in the first half but Currie replacing him would not have significantly altered the outcome of the game. Not with the our shocking structure and general inability to get the ball and have a meaningful disposal.

Agree 100%

Having a go at Goldie? What about LT. 5 or 6 disposals in the first qtr, 9 for the match. Was constantly lead to the ball, didn't make an effective tackle and missed a complete sitter and a simple set shot in a lie scoring game. Every time the game gets tough this guy goes missing! Every time!!!

Having a go at Goldie? What about LT. 5 or 6 disposals in the first qtr, 9 for the match. Was constantly lead to the ball, didn't make an effective tackle and missed a complete sitter and a simple set shot in a lie scoring game. Every time the game gets tough this guy goes missing! Every time!!!

LT did get led to the ball but can you blame him? He was the only one trying to stay dangerous in the fifty to offer up as a target.
What good is LT to us on the flanks of wings?
Scott got outcoached tonight.

LT did get led to the ball but can you blame him? He was the only one trying to stay dangerous in the fifty to offer up as a target.
What good is LT to us on the flanks of wings?
Scott got outcoached tonight.
You serious? LT spends plenty of time on the flanks and the wing. But yep, agree with he comment about Scott being outcoached. Seems to be a regular occurrence.

One of the worst coaching displays I've seen. Surely Brad Scott has more football knowledge then any of us, yet even someone with a limited footy brain could see where we were breaking down tonight. I just don't understand the logic. Why didn't he play a hard forward press when it was so obvious how affective it was with the conditions? And WTF didn't he play a defensive forward on Mackenzie?? It was strange because he flooded their forward line then allowed them to have a loose man behind the ball, knowing that with the conditions it was always just going to be a rushed kick forward from our boys. Playing straight into GCs hands. Bizzar. Massive concerns about the coach now and I'm not even that astute of a footy follower

Goldy isn't the problem, it is the plodders in the side that need his silver service to win a contest. Godly is the only reason we aren't getting raped like we were in previous years, he has been a beast.

Outside of stoppages we lost almost every one-on-one contest. We rely too much on other sides making mistakes. It is how we exposed the Saints in the first quarter.

Once teams adapt to our structure and stop kicking it straight to us, we can't win the contests or use the ball well enough under pressure. It was GC's horrible handballing and lateral ball movement which got us a lead, it was our lateral ball movement and horrible handballing and kicking with no penetration that lost that lead and eventually the game.

We were still doing flick passes in the last quarter when we needed goals to win the game. If Scott can't get the message through to the players then Houston, we have a problem. If we can't keep a player 'stuck' on McKenzie and Harbrow then we are not fair dinkum as a footy club. That was just amateur hour stuff.

As a defender, I was dragged for spoiling into the corridor at U14 grade football. We make the same *ed mistakes every ******* week, real amateur s**t mistakes. Are these guys professional footballers and professional coaches?

How many years do we have to roll on with the players saying they played like crap and are playing for respect, it is like carrying on like you did as a 6 year old as an adult, there is the expectation you actually learn from your *ups and grow up and move on to adult like mistakes. We are still pissing our pants.

Dinosaur this week?
I thought it was one of Goldy's poorer efforts for the year. Anyways Hit Outs have to be the most over rated stat in football. We should only deal in Hitouts to advantage and to the opposition. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back