Scott's Not Going Anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't he play a hard forward press when it was so obvious how affective it was with the conditions?

You can't do this if you don't win the ball. We've won the ball all year but for yesterday.

I dont think you can blame the board for extending 'No Plan B.' Scott's contract, that was entirely a Brayshaw decision I think you will find:mad:

This thread is so diabolical, I hope it's an aberration.
At least as a 5 GB USB you can erase your memory without to much drama. Us humans and subhumans on the other hand have to go to drastic measures to wipe our memories. Partial Lobotomy me up baby! :stern look

I'm not part of the Brad Scott lynch mob but I'm very concerned. Something's missing. Something's wrong.

- The record in close games - 4 wins and 12 lossess in games decided by less than 10 points.
- The thrashings - 11 of Scott's first 67 games were losses of 10 goals or more.
- The interstate record - 8 wins and 16 losses (Take out 'soft' games against bottom 4 teams and the record is 1 win and 15 losses)
- The poor record against good teams - 6 wins and 24 losses against sides who made finals (not counting any losses from this year which would make the record worse)
- The poor record in less than perfect conditions - Playing at Docklands we don't have to do it often but when we do, we lose. I might be wrong but apart from beating a poor Richmond side in 2010 at the MCG, we have lost whenever it's 'too wet' or 'too hot'. Scott even gave blame to some drizzle for losing to Geelong this year.
- And of course the pissing away good positions. By my reckoning there have been 19 games out of 78 for Brad Scott when North have been totally in control on the ground and on the scoreboard only for us to either surrender the lead but recover and win well enough, win hanging on grimly, or lose.

No doubt he took over a poor team and ordinary list at the end of 2009. And no doubt this list is much better now and the way we play is more attacking (too attacking?) and attractive to watch. From a base of 7 wins and 13th in 2009 we're definitely better. But the above facts are poo. I can't guess what gets said and done by this coaching panel during the week, or even on matchdays for that matter. Brad Scott is probably as frustrated as we are. But if his coaching term ended today I think his legacy would be disappointing. He's built a promising list, but in 3.5 years he hasn't built in one iota of mental strength or self belief into this team. I think every one of the above facts add up to one overall picture/generalisation.

We are talented, but only beat ordinary sides in games played on our terms and in our conditions. When those terms are challenged or not given to us we surrender almost immediately. We a flat-track bullies. We are downhill skiers. We are France.

I had a go at this comment 2 weeks ago, the old what about Geelong and Bomber. What about Sydney and Eade ? What about Eagles going after Malthouse? What about Brissy going after Matthews? What about Adelaide and Blight? Bomber is not the norm. History points to us getting an experienced coach or promoting someone with in. Either Crock tackes over or we throw everything at Roos.

Mentioning Geelong and Bomber is just ignorant.

Again, comes back to List waisters that we currently have.

You slam B.S, yet throw up Crocker as a solution?

He is a large part of the problem; waisting away the most talented midfield we have had in 20 years.

Give me ignorance...

At least as a 5 GB USB you can erase your memory without to much drama. Us humans and subhumans on the other hand have to go to drastic measures to wipe our memories. Partial Lobotomy me up baby! :stern look

Nope I'm stuck with these memories like you, got a virus and every time I click to delete last nights game it says corrupted data.

I'm over it. Do the coaches believe their own bullshit ? Our points against is amongst the worst in the competition. I'm hoping that recruiting will fix some of our problems and we'll recruit some key position players. But I'm not really confident. The error rate is far to high, as it was when Laidley was coaching. I like Brad Scott, but I'm really starting to wonder if we would be better off with Adam Simpson or David King.

I'm over it. Do the coaches believe their own bullshit ? Our points against is amongst the worst in the competition. I'm hoping that recruiting will fix some of our problems and we'll recruit some key position players. But I'm not really confident. The error rate is far to high, as it was when Laidley was coaching. I like Brad Scott, but I'm really starting to wonder if we would be better off with Adam Simpson or David King.

I reckon that's the only circumstance in which Scott should be potentially sacked at the moment.

Don't overreact over last night though. Your list has gone from woeful to nearly there under Scott, it's a young list and still needs to learn to adapt to changes in the game.
I really rate where North is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what makes me f****** sick to my stomach?

The fact that we have Melbourne and GWS coming up, which means that Scott can get away with zero changes, which I assure you will happen, they will win like the flat track bullies they are and after two wins all of a sudden "our season will be starting to get back on track". F****** infuriating.

Wonder all you like but with Brad having 3.5 years to run on his contract it ain't gonna happen.

You know what makes me f****** sick to my stomach?

The fact that we have Melbourne and GWS coming up, which means that Scott can get away with zero changes, which I assure you will happen, they will win like the flat track bullies they are and after two wins all of a sudden "our season will be starting to get back on track". F****** infuriating.

"We haven't totally discounted finals"......spin.....wash.....recycle.......

I reckon that's the only circumstance in which Scott should be potentially sacked at the moment.

Don't overreact over last night though. Your list has gone from woeful to nearly there under Scott, it's a young list and still needs to learn to adapt to changes in the game.
I really rate where North is going.

I would have accepted the young list excuse last year and before that.

Again, comes back to List waisters that we currently have.

You slam B.S, yet throw up Crocker as a solution?

He is a large part of the problem; waisting away the most talented midfield we have had in 20 years.

Give me ignorance...

Crocker looked to be a pretty sound coach in the little time he was given at the helm while JB inexplicably gagged for Buckley.

Wonder all you like but with Brad having 3.5 years to run on his contract it ain't gonna happen.

Where to from here ? I feel like cancelling my true roo membership. I wouldn't do it, but I'm as angry as I've ever been.

Click average age, they're 14th, and for average games they're 13th. In fact, they're not even that far ahead of GC.

That's players on list, if you click average games of players that have played this year, we are 8th. So going by that we are behind, essendon, richmond, carlton, adelaide. We don't have any excuses anymore. I had us challenging a top 4 spot next year, I now have us struggling to play finals. Those of you that think we are improving are delusional!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back