Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it at the time that we traded Ladhams, we should’ve done everything to keep him and if we could only have one of him and Lycett I’m trading Lycett every time.
Worse still, even after cutting a bright young talent in Ladhams, our current bright young talent, Port Magpies B&F winner Sam Hayes is not getting picked. I truly don’t understand what the coaches see in Lycett that they value giving him games over developing Hayes for the future.
Ken obviously has no stake in the future, I can’t imagine he expects an extension beyond 2023 so he obviously doesn’t care, but at the very least as a courtesy to the fans who’ve put up with supporting the club that gifted him 11 years you pay it forward and try and develop Hayes for the next coach to have better ruck stocks.
hes not a bright young talent hes a very ordinary footballer who avoids contact, some of his efforts were amongst the poorest Ive ever seen in a port jumper. That's why he's gone and that's why only injury gets him a game at sydney

absolute right decision to get rid of him..

agree though lycett shouldn't be picked, and he will also be off the list at the end of the year

Surely this is no longer accurate, saw them both at the pre-season game against West Coast, and whilst I didn't see them side by side, Hayes seemed much taller than just 2cm above Lycett.

I'm not sure Lycett is a proper 203. He looks shorter than Dixon I think.

Hayes is a big 205

Remove this Banner Ad

Back