Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Great pickup. Already seems to have a great partnership with the midfield and love his work rate around the ground.

There was an incredible one handed pick up in the last which had me floored. Full pace, wet ball... * me.

Outside of the Eagles fanbase his importance to our 2018 success was very underrated from what I saw. It hurt to lose him, but he's the type of guy I wish all the best for at his new enemy club rather than hoping he plays like crud and disappears. Glad he is still doing his thing and being appreciated by the new fans for it. You got a good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaping as a better player than I gave him credit for.

Phillips did take a few nice contested marks against him but overall his competitiveness in the contest is something Ryder lacks and it probably makes him a bigger asset.

Outside of the Eagles fanbase his importance to our 2018 success was very underrated from what I saw. It hurt to lose him, but he's the type of guy I wish all the best for at his new enemy club rather than hoping he plays like crud and disappears. Glad he is still doing his thing and being appreciated by the new fans for it. You got a good one.
One of thing I’ve underrated was his kicking. For a big man he’s got a good leg on him

We would have lost with a hampered Ryder rucking solo. Lycett has already repaid the faith. He's never going to be the greatest ruck in the competition but he is a good competitive beast. It's all we need.

Lycett was Primusesque at ball ups and that is why he had 10 clearances, grabbing the ball and feeding it off.

If we go anywhere this year or the next couple of years, I reckon Lycett will go down as our most important traded in player, since Pickett or Hardwick.

He's great.

It might sound negative, but I can't help but look at him and shake my head at the player development at our club. Lycett is a competitor, he's a good size, decent runner, but he's not exactly the most gifted footballer I've ever seen. The last ruckman we developed at Port was Dean Brogan. How many young rucks have been on our list since then? Surely all of these guys aren't that much inferior to Lycett in potential terms. If Lycett were drafted to Port originally rather than WCE, would he have been delisted after 4 years and 2 games or something like that?

He's great.

It might sound negative, but I can't help but look at him and shake my head at the player development at our club. Lycett is a competitor, he's a good size, decent runner, but he's not exactly the most gifted footballer I've ever seen. The last ruckman we developed at Port was Dean Brogan. How many young rucks have been on our list since then? Surely all of these guys aren't that much inferior to Lycett in potential terms. If Lycett were drafted to Port originally rather than WCE, would he have been delisted after 4 years and 2 games or something like that?
Hard to argue with you TK, but I will cut the club some slack on Redden - and I haven't cut the club much slack when it comes to them handling our ruckmen. Redden had all the tools to be a very good AFL ruckman, but his body didnt stand up, especially his knee.

Hard to argue with you TK, but I will cut the club some slack on Redden - and I haven't cut the club much slack when it comes to them handling our ruckmen. Redden had all the tools to be a very good AFL ruckman, but his body didnt stand up, especially his knee.

Lobbe was let down by his body too, really.

Lobbe was let down by his body too, really.
I don't know what happened with him, but he seemed to all of a sudden not be able to move much.

I dont know if that game where he landed on his coccyx from a boundary thrown in that game against Collingwood at the MCG, think in 2015, was the cause of it, or it just started from that injury and it got worse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back