Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Power ruckman is an early contender for recruit of the year

Scott Lycett's move to Port Adelaide at the end of last season was overshadowed by several other high-profile switches, but he's on track to have the most impact at his new club. The former West Coast premiership-winning ruckman was outstanding for the Power in their gritty 16-point win against Carlton at Adelaide Oval on Saturday. Lycett's 25 disposals – 17 of those contested – and 10 clearances were both career highs, while also he also contributed 34 hit-outs, five marks and four inside 50s. The 26-year-old, who signed a five-year deal with the Power until the end of 2023, forms the perfect one-two punch with 2017 All Australian big man Paddy Ryder. - Lee Gaskin

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-31/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-two

Vary happy to see Scotty Flycett delivering at his new club. What he doesn't have in ruck work skill he makes up for in his excellent clearance work and outright aggression.

He served 8 years and brought home a premiership, and while we will definitely miss him at times this year (already we have), he is the kind of player who you have absolutely no problem with moving home and getting a nice fat contract.

Can't wait to see him at Optus in a couple of weeks!

Big week for him this week, Martin does a great job nullifying opposition ruckman

Welcome to Port Adelaide, Scotty! You're not at Optus Stadium anymore.
Now would be interesting by the end of the season or maybe next to look back at lycett's free's for and against while at west coast and then ports. I think I know what we will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we officially calling him Slyce yet... cause * it - I’m gunna start!

Only high quality players deserve the dumbest and shittest nicknames... and he meets the criteria!

Are we officially calling him Slyce yet... cause **** it - I’m gunna start!

Only high quality players deserve the dumbest and shittest nicknames... and he meets the criteria!

I call him goony
Slyce
Apricot Slyce
Apricot
Which is a fruit
Fruity lexia
Goon sack
Goony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back