Scotty Lycett

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was rapt when we got scott for free trade wise was pissed when we didn't draft him but last night he was unbelievable.
He is even better player than i thought an absolute brute with pretty good skills to match. Well done big fella keep it up.

I hope Lycett continues his Primus physical type dominance of grabbing the ball out of a ruck and getting a clearance - and this week against a skinny kid like English gets 12-15 clearances rather than just a s**t load of hit outs like Grundy got. It would be good practice for the big games and finals.

Although he could also get a s**t load of hit outs and join Grundy in this exclusive club given he got 24 disposals, 41 HO's, 11 HOAdv and 9 clearances against Geelong but no goals.

Last edited:
Was rapt when we got scott for free trade wise was pissed when we didn't draft him but last night he was unbelievable.
He is even better player than i thought an absolute brute with pretty good skills to match. Well done big fella keep it up.

He would have never got to the size he require if we drafted him.

Those of you who read and recall my posts know I love ruckmen. See them as fundamental to building a winning team. I love the big man with the big heart and the big underpants.

Lycett is influencing this team like Primus did between 2001-03 years before he was cruelled by knee injuries.

I put my head in my hands when I though he had done his posterior cruciate ligament, and not out just for the game but the season after that knee on knee clash. But he got up, went back on, used his brains and didnt try and jump into O'Brien but moved in a way where he could compete and protect his knee. Then as he got more confident he started to dominate O'Brien.

In a team that has looked bereft of leadership the last few years, this man is standing up and leading.

Last edited:
He's a ruckman that likes taking the game on. That goal he kicked in the third after running around a player was just so sweet. And it was a pretty fair celebration afterwards, including smacking into a Crows player

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Can't believe we didn't get him home sooner. He will literally be the last great Magpie.

His goal then shoving the ugly Crouch in the back is the moment of the year so far

What a ******* star. His last month has been epic.

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Those of you who read and recall my posts know I love ruckmen. See them as fundamental to building a winning team. I love the big man with the big heart and the big underpants.

Lycett is influencing this team like Primus did between 2001-03 years before he was cruelled by knee injuries.

I put my head in my hands when I though he had done his posterior cruciate ligament, and not out just for the game but the season after that knee on knee clash. But he got up, went back on, used his brains and didnt try and jump into O'Brien but moved in a way where he could compete and protect his knee. Then as he got more confident he started to dominate O'Brien.

In a team that has looked bereft of leadership the last few years, this man is standing up and leading.

Great post.
I wonder if he's even suprised himself to discover how impacting he can be?
The ruck quality in the AFL this year has been amazing and Lycett is really shining.

Back