Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he does ruck and all that but we have had rucks and even part time rucks that have done that. He also grabs the odd catch up front but again we have had rucks and part time rucks that have done that even in recent times.

However he brings something we haven't had for a very long time, presence.
Just being there at kick ins, kick outs etc the other team has to compete and compete hard to make sure he doesn't get the ball going our way.

I wasn't sure if he was going to be a good trade or not but now IMO, at least so far, he has been the best trade of the last few years.
Haven't changed my mind yet.

He was decent last year for the Eagles but has gone up a couple of levels for certain to put himself among, if not the form ruckmen in the game. Due to his size it kind of appears he lumbers in slow motion, but is so clean, composed and sure what he is going to do with the football. Let's hope his injury is not a significant one and he's back out on the park quickly because he is crucial.

I must admit, I did initially question why they are leaving him on. He couldn't jump, couldn't run and couldn't bend over to pick up the ball. But geez am I glad they did. He obviously just needed to warm the knee up, but he played a pivotal part in us winning :)

One of the best ruckmen I have seen below his knees. There is so much peak Matthew Primus about his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fast becoming my fav player. Definitely captain material, will definitely be a deputy next year. Probably will never be captain which I guess is his own fault that he chose to stay in the West so long

This is what I see. He reminds me most of Primus of our past rucks. Has a sort of warrior king kind of presence. That ''climb on me and let's go and nail these bastards' sort of way of playing the game. Whether he was at West Coast or not, I think he would be twice the captain of the guys we have currently got. So would Dixon. I think we have made a big mistake there.

I think of all our acquisitions if he stays fit he may well turn out to be one of our best. He and Ebert I would say.

This is what I see. He reminds me most of Primus of our past rucks. Has a sort of warrior king kind of presence. That ''climb on me and let's go and nail these bastards' sort of way of playing the game. Whether he was at West Coast or not, I think he would be twice the captain of the guys we have currently got. So would Dixon. I think we have made a big mistake there.

I think of all our acquisitions if he stays fit he may well turn out to be one of our best. He and Ebert I would say.

There's some seriously revisionist rubbish written about Wines & Jonas these days whatever is thought about the dual-captaincy decision.

I love Lycett, but I didn't see the "climb on me and lets go nail these bastards" in that final quarter against an undermanned Freo ruck outfit. So lets not make silly comments like that.

Any case, we need the man's knee good to go asap and continuing to play the footy he has for the majority of his time with us.

There's some seriously revisionist rubbish written about Wines & Jonas these days whatever is thought about the dual-captaincy decision.

I love Lycett, but I didn't see the "climb on me and lets go nail these bastards" in that final quarter against an undermanned Freo ruck outfit. So lets not make silly comments like that.

Any case, we need the man's knee good to go asap and continuing to play the footy he has for the majority of his time with us.
Lol ... I agree! Some pretty low-level crap being spread about Wines et-al. Love Lycett, but yeah, let's make him captain!!!

C'mon!

Oh so quoting one example you have denoted my post to silly rubbish??? Bravo. He played more of a leader's game against the Crows than either of our co-captains have this year.
Boak, Hatlett, Dixon and Lycett are far more the spiritual leaders of the club than Wines and Jonas. Give me one example of a captains game from either of our co-captains so far This year or even in the last year and maybe, maybe you have even some justification for calling my comments revionist trash thank you.

Should have won the showdown medal. Came back after looking like he'd done a PCL and lead the team with his aggression and physicality, that ridiculous goal followed by his huge flex and decking of Matt Crouch inspired the rest of the team to grind the Crows into the dirt.

In Roving Damo's segment, interesting he said he prided himself on doing what most ruckmen couldn't, and who could argue.

If we could repick captains he's my #1.

Also to all visiting West Coast supporters, thank you for developing our boy properly in what must be the league's premier ruck division, and congratulations on once again destroying Freo and their merry band of flogs.

Strange that you like West Coast better than Freo....
West Coast show up our cross-town neighbour for the chronically unsuccessful franchise they are given they've also had every advantage of being the first AFL club in the state, they're the only club with any balls to question the Vic-centric nature of the comp, and further they incubated Ebert and Slyce better than we ever could.

Freo don't really have any endearing qualities to me, they are just such a nothing franchise. Their approach to recent actions by senior club members towards females has been appalling, they have flogs like Walters and Nat Fyfe mocking Duursma's goal celebration as if they weren't themselves playing for the least successful AFL club in history, and what's more they ruined the GOAT Clive's career while ineptly giftwrapping our archrivals a 2x Norm Smith medallist who should have been ours.

So yeah, I like West Coast more than Freo :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back