Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

The original light teal guernsey was trash. The next year though we came back with that darker teal guernsey, which I quite liked. Definitely prefer it to the current away guernsey.
Which all pale in comparison to the white away guernsey anyway. We had the best clash kit in the league, why tf did we ditch it?

I rate his season very highly. Has definitely stepped up with Ryder out. He's got that real mongrel about him, some of his stuff has been Matty Primus circa 2002.

It’s never about Wines and Jonas though, it’s more about the co captaincy, the poor buggers have simply been blamed as part of it.
Oh I agree. The club hugely dropped the ball there, but for many posters here it has gone beyond "blaming" ... more like attacking, insulting, and vilifying. I think some comments aimed at Wines in particular, have been an absolute disgrace!

Which all pale in comparison to the white away guernsey anyway. We had the best clash kit in the league, why tf did we ditch it?
Nah, I’m on the silver train now!!

Toooooot!

Kenny said in his presser today that he likes the two ruck system but the likelihood of Lycett and Ryder playing in the same side is not going to happen. Said he expects the second ruck has to be able to present well up forward and Howard is doing that well.

It's the right call

Kenny said in his presser today that he likes the two ruck system but the likelihood of Lycett and Ryder playing in the same side is not going to happen. Said he expects the second ruck has to be able to present well up forward and Howard is doing that well.

It means he's waiting for Hayes, who can present well up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we get slyce? All he is going to do is waste lots of celery to play for the magpies. Kenny will never play him. He is too tall. The eagles don't even rate him ahead of nic nat. He might as well go to the tingles. They love their slyces.

Ruckmen have always given away the most free kicks, especially big strong blokes, as weedy shrimp umpires have never rucked in their life and have no *en idea about those dopey technical frees they pay. Like on Sunday Scott jumped at the ball at a centre bounce, and he stuck his leg out in a normal leaping motion, as you do when you jump, and the the stupid umpire, Meredith I think it was (or #24) paid a free against them.

Look at how many of the ruckmen average frees against have gone up.

Grundy from 1.65 to 2.13, Scott from 1.44 to 2.20, Gawn wasn't even in top 20 was 1.30 ( 32 from 23 games) to 1.80, and Stanley 1.53 (23 from 15) to 2.07.

So have the umps been directed to go harder at the rucks?
I reckon I have seen more dopey technical frees at centre stoppages this year.

Not sure around the ground and throw ins, if its clumsy rucking or more technical by umps. I know from my vantage point on the eastern wing, they seem to miss plenty at throw ins.

So what's happened to Lycett's PCL? Has it just magically repaired itself or is he now doing a Wines and playing while needing major surgery?
Looks like it was a minor strain. Definitely not a tear, or he wouldn't be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back