Scotty Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Proof Lycett wasn't dropped because of form. From the article I posted more in the 2019 stats thread. There was some serious bullshit going on with Hinkley.

Big-name recruit Scott Lycett topped the list for the Power, increasing his average from 77.9 to 101.1 as he took control of the No. 1 ruck role, for the first time in his career, in 18 games in his debut season at Alberton.

The 26-year-old, who was dropped for the Round 20 clash with the Bombers, despite being the seventh-ranked player in the competition between Rounds 13 and 19, ranked second for intercept possessions, fourth for ranking points, fifth for effective disposals and seventh for contested possessions of all ruckman in 2019.

Top article in the Tsier about Scott.

Port Adelaide ruckman Scott Lycett reveals he sometimes messages best mate Corey Siemers, who died in 2010

On the morning of his first AFL grand final in 2018, Scott Lycett messaged his best friend, Corey Siemers, seeking inspiration. “Thinking of you mate. Hopefully you can help me out and are looking down on me,” Lycett recalls writing via Facebook. The then West Coast ruckman knew there would not be a response – Siemers had died eight years earlier.

“Sometimes I still message him on Facebook, even though I know I’m not going to get a reply,” Lycett tells The Advertiser. “I haven’t messaged him for a while but I have messaged him a fair bit. I think the last time was grand final day, 2018. “It’s just something I do sometimes when I think of him.”

Hours after that grand final day message to Siemers, Lycett won a premiership with West Coast. “I’m not sure if I wrote back to him after the game – I was in a good place at the time,” Lycett says with a laugh. Siemers died in June 2010, when he and Lycett were 17 and attending Henley High. A promising West Adelaide footballer, Siemers was the innocent victim of a drag race and hit by a car while driving in Park Holme.

It happened five months before the national draft, where West Coast selected Lycett from the Port Magpies at pick 29 and Siemers would have been a prospect. “It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years,” says Lycett, who is now at Port Adelaide and preparing to play for the All-Stars in Friday night’s Bushfire Relief game. “I’ve been in the league 10 years at the end of the year – it’s unreal.” Eyre Peninsula-born Lycett and Barmera-raised Siemers bonded after arriving in Adelaide to play footy and start Year 11 at Henley.

Big Scooter was robbed. Only credited with 2 bounces. 3rd bounce was a touch down but should be counted as one.

Another great game by the big man.

Last edited:
Big Scooter was robbed. Only credited with 2 bounces. 3rd bounce was a touch down but should be counted as one.

Another great game by the big man.

Well that and the fact that he never actually made it to the ground :)

I'm sure I saw from the other angle after that he didn't actually touch it down even though it looked like he did from the 1st angle in real time

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure I saw from the other angle after that he didn't actually touch it down even though it looked like he did from the 1st angle in real time

I reckon when you've inconvenienced yourself as much as Scotty did in the attempt, it's the thought that counts.

He is so important to us. A physical, powerful ruckman who takes it right up to opposition rucks and anyone else who gets in his way. Makes players around him walk taller.

Rocking the old time western moustache, wouldn't look out of place in a Clint Eastwood western. Scott Lycett, high plains drifter.

Additionally, it reminded me of Brendon Lade doing the same thing one game not too long before his retirement, can't remember which game. But he looked ridiculous with his big lumbering steps still only taking him at a mild walking pace

Additionally, it reminded me of Brendon Lade doing the same thing one game not too long before his retirement, can't remember which game. But he looked ridiculous with his big lumbering steps still only taking him at a mild walking pace

The only difference between a jog and a sprint, for these ruck types, is their facial expression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a great move to bring him home.
Ladhams and Lycett are a perfect combo.
My only slight niggle re Lycett are his first quarters.
Generally a poor starter but improves as the game goes on.

I was on level 3 of the eastern wing so I saw it from the other side from TV vision, and he was in front of me, and he touched the ball to the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back