Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
The guy said I though you were s**t but you're going good. If Neil had any tact, he'd have just stated how strong Miller looked and left if at that. Received the respect he deserved.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bayliss was a gun. Rode the sh*t out of those Dukes and slid them everywhere lol.
Do you remember him doing a one off GP race on a brand new bike and he came first.
He won!
Biaggi was more than a solid B grade. That dude had talent. Got a pole on his very first 500cc outing, and pushed some truly great riders and some great bikes.
There was a bloke called Mick Doohan who came from SBK who did allright on the GP bikes.

Neither won a motogp/500cc title. I'm just going by the motosport equivalent of if you didn't win a title in the class then not considered an A grader. Though I would argue in Biaggi's case the 125 and 250 classes weren't considered 2nd tier back in his day.

Like in F1, Webber, Massa and Irvine may have gotten close to titles but weren't considered A grade because they didn't get it done in the end. Just the way it goes.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Neither won a motogp/500cc title. I'm just going by the motosport equivalent of if you didn't win a title in the class then not considered an A grader. Though I would argue in Biaggi's case the 125 and 250 classes weren't considered 2nd tier back in his day.

Like in F1, Webber, Massa and Irvine may have gotten close to titles but weren't considered A grade because they didn't get it done in the end. Just the way it goes.

If A grade is superstar riders then Pedrosa and Mamola are A grade but never won the top title.
Bayliss wasn't on their level but he was a really good competitive rider. Had his racing career started earlier then he could well have achieved a lot in GPs.

Would you consider someone like Gerhard Berger A grade?

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If A grade is superstar riders then Pedrosa and Mamola are A grade but never won the top title.
Bayliss wasn't on their level but he was a really good competitive rider. Had his racing career started earlier then he could well have achieved a lot in GPs.

Would you consider someone like Gerhard Berger A grade?

Berger, no. Didn't even get close to a title and for the most part didn't take his career seriously. But he made quite a bit of cash riding on unfulfilled potential.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The guy said I though you were sh*t but you're going good. If Neil had any tact, he'd have just stated how strong Miller looked and left if at that. Received the respect he deserved.
No he didn't. He said Jack was being optimistic for a top 10 finish, and he was right. He was in the middle of eating humble pie.

Don't take my prejudiced anti Naill MacKenzie views out on me!

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/indycar/former-supercars-star-scott-mclaughlin-clinches-indycars-rookie-of-the-year-award/news-story/39fc49f84e1a6195f4e12cd5c93b0994

Former Supercars star Scott McLaughlin clinches IndyCar’s Rookie of the Year award.

Interesting stat, a first for Team Penske.

Back