Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Greetings friends (and Toon flogs), today I've decided to make this thread so that we can keep an eye on players that are flying under the radar in leagues that don't get a lot of coverage on this board. That way, when they get a big money move, we can say we knew about them before anyone else did. Feel free to post players who you think are underrated/undervalued.

Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht looked good against us in the Europa league, i wouldnt mind us going for him instead of Dier/Matic.

He's been fantastic for Anderlecht for awhile now. Personally I see him moving to a Monaco type club (ala Tielemans) before going to United or someone like that. Definitely one to watch though.

Good. Now all we need is SM, Fryer Tuck, Great8 and go you pups.

Anyway, for mine, keep an eye out on Wolves Portuguese contingent. Roderick, Helder Costa, Diogo Jota and Ruben Neves should make the Championship their bitch.

Ryan Woods of Brentford fame would actually be a decent shout for most underrated English player right now having gotten around to watching his stuff.

Best position? I know he can play anywhere.
Deep lying mid. He was called the English Kante at the start of the season and I think that's basically where he'll end up. But you're right, he can play striker, winger, full back, defensive mid, attacking mid, box to box, the kid has it all.

Full back would be his weakest position though.

Greetings friends (and Toon flogs), today I've decided to make this thread so that we can keep an eye on players that are flying under the radar in leagues that don't get a lot of coverage on this board. That way, when they get a big money move, we can say we knew about them before anyone else did. Feel free to post players who you think are underrated/undervalued.
Based on his transfer fee, Lucas Biglia

Deep lying mid. He was called the English Kante at the start of the season and I think that's basically where he'll end up. But you're right, he can play striker, winger, full back, defensive mid, attacking mid, box to box, the kid has it all.

Full back would be his weakest position though.

Wouldn't mind him going to Soton. Personally think he'd go beast mode there especially under Pellegrino.

Based on his transfer fee, Lucas Biglia

I think that's due to age but he's one of the best midfielders in the world yet never gets talked up the same way others do. Bloke could be world class until his late 30's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kieran Tierney from Celtic will be at an EPL club next season. Bookmark it.

One of the best young FBs in Europe, plays for a club where winning is paramount so he wouldn't accept losing, UCL experience and a fully fledged international.

Any club worth their salt would try and sign him now.

Eboue Kouassi is another one for Celtic who should kick on this year. Jonny Hayes another to look out for.

I kinda feel you're making this fred to prove a point to a certain Tottenham supporter ;)

From Serie A, I'll be interested to see how Hellas respond after coming straight back up from their 2015-16 relegation. Pazzini and Cassano are playing for them and we all know how lethal they were together at Sampdoria.

From Hellas I'll be interested to see how Antonio Caracciolo goes, he was one of the standout centre backs in Serie B for a number of seasons, now he gets his chance in the top flight. He's a bit older at 26-27 now, but I feel he could go ok. Sebastian De Maio was a centre back partner of his at Brescia and he earned a move to Genoa a couple of years ago and has done ok for them, I feel perhaps Caracciolo could do similar.

I feel the jump from Serie B to Serie A is not as daunting for many lately.

Underrated youngsters in Serie A:

Federico Chiesa
Sergei Milinkovic-Savic
Antonio Barreca
Lucas Torreira
Amadou Diawara
Marko Rog

SMS is being linked with a move to Juventus for 70-80 million Euros and was one of the main reasons Biglia left for a pittance. Going to be an absolutely awesome player along with Chiesa for Il Viola.

SMS is being linked with a move to Juventus for 70-80 million Euros and was one of the main reasons Biglia left for a pittance. Going to be an absolutely awesome player along with Chiesa for Il Viola.
I swear I never heard of him until Bojan KantKick brought him up about a month ago.

I dunno whether it's me not giving a s**t about SS Thugio or if they're just way under the radar.

Atalanta, Torino, Sassuolo and a few others get more exposure than them these days I reckon.

Il Viola, lol, you're having a laugh :$

It'd be Il Violo/Violi if you're going to call them that :p Viola is a feminine word

From Serie A, I'll be interested to see how Hellas respond after coming straight back up from their 2015-16 relegation. Pazzini and Cassano are playing for them and we all know how lethal they were together at Sampdoria.

From Hellas I'll be interested to see how Antonio Caracciolo goes, he was one of the standout centre backs in Serie B for a number of seasons, now he gets his chance in the top flight. He's a bit older at 26-27 now, but I feel he could go ok. Sebastian De Maio was a centre back partner of his at Brescia and he earned a move to Genoa a couple of years ago and has done ok for them, I feel perhaps Caracciolo could do similar.

I feel the jump from Serie B to Serie A is not as daunting for many lately.

cassano isnt now. he has signed, retired, come out of retirement and is now terminating his contract.

I swear I never heard of him until Bojan KantKick brought him up about a month ago.

I dunno whether it's me not giving a s**t about SS Thugio or if they're just way under the radar.

Atalanta, Torino, Sassuolo and a few others get more exposure than them these days I reckon.

Il Viola, lol, you're having a laugh :$

It'd be Il Violo/Violi if you're going to call them that :p Viola is a feminine word

He's been on a few scouts radars for awhile now and has been tipped for big things since he made the switch from Genk. Hope he stays for awhile Lazio. Also, SS Lazio is actually the more historically leaning leftist club compared to their actually fascist neighbours. Also lol if you think those minnows get more coverage than Lazio.

Also:

IMG_0502.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back