Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
My thoughts

Pros:
- Hayden as a midfielder, many have wanted this for a while and we saw a really promising start today
- Stephenson first good outing, as I mentioned, he'd be unsighted in a pies 100 point loss, so to finish with close to 20 disposals and 2 goals is a great start
- Bailey & TT are very smart one touch footballers
- Larkey & Zurhaar were lively, a mature body may help but I think our ball use is a bigger issue
- Powell was very impressive
- Curtis Taylor is special
- Glimpses of the game plan worked and looked better then 2020
- Lazarro looks like just about our quickest player

Cons:
- I think we are in a bit of trouble if we are playing Hall & Tyson in 2021
- Good link up before a senior player brain fade which turns it over and we get burnt on rebound

Yep, very accurate summary

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I haven't changed my view that at some point in 2021 this side will make the AFL sit up & take notice of our arrival.

Go back to the tapes GR provided and focus on 3 things.

1) The good transition out of defence. It will improve. A lot.
2) 50% more clearances going our way.
3) Less opposition goals from free kicks.

roosmad

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2007
Phoenix
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
millwall fc
It’s a pre season kick and giggle game, my only concern is that we are going to play hall and Tyson seriously, they should only get games if injuries to others allow them to come in...will both be delisted at seasons end book mark it......

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s a pre season kick and giggle game, my only concern is that we are going to play hall and Tyson seriously, they should only get games if injuries to others allow them to come in...will both be delisted at seasons end book mark it......

Good on them, and nothing against them personally, but they don’t offer anything to the team moving forward other than cannon fodder to protect the young mids.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Hayden as a midfielder resulted in some really deep and effective clearances. I think he'll be well behind a list of others in the season proper but he has a future in the centre square

The midfield looked more effective when he was in there with Jy. There should be a spot for him while Jed is out. If we have our first choice out there he might get shufled back to defence.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, it’s only a practice match, but it only doesn’t matter when you get thrashed

We are lacking cohesion from a overhaul of our list and staff etc give it 2-3 years

Back