Game Day Scratch Match - GWS v Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

sh*t house reporting by AFL.com to include "Logan quiet" in the headline.

How about maybe not singling out an 18 year old's first ******* hit-out FFS

That’s really poor form as well as being no surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for Punts but I see the Rohan comparison more in the sense that like Rohan, Hayward does the bare minimum most of the time, but regularly gets games under the pretence of his "talent" and how "promising" he is.

You can be as talented or as promising as you like but if you are regularly taking a spot in the 22 despite not doing a lot, then your value to the team will always be questioned.

I can't speak for Punts but I see the Rohan comparison more in the sense that like Rohan, Hayward does the bare minimum most of the time, but regularly gets games under the pretence of his "talent" and how "promising" he is.

You can be as talented or as promising as you like but if you are regularly taking a spot in the 22 despite not doing a lot, then your value to the team will always be questioned.

He looked far more potent in his first season than anything Rohan could produce, its really a shame when players like Ronke, Hayward start of so well then just plateau out.

Both of course still have time on their side, do we have a development issue?

Well he became better at scoring.

No he didn’t.
He scored the same amount of goals as 19/20
But over less games in 16/17. He is also had less disposals, less marks, less tackles and less inside 50s (on 19/20 vs 16/17).

No he didn’t.
He scored the same amount of goals as 19/20
But over less games in 16/17. He is also had less disposals, less marks, less tackles and less inside 50s (on 19/20 vs 16/17).
Different sort of scoring.

Also became a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked far more potent in his first season than anything Rohan could produce, its really a shame when players like Ronke, Hayward start of so well then just plateau out.

Both of course still have time on their side, do we have a development issue?
Yes in our fwds, also in injury rehabilitation for many a year now.

Can you expand on this? I’m interested to know what sort of scoring metric you are using outside of the standards that have been in existence for the last 120+ years.

Amazing the lengths some will go to support their argument. Different types of scoring and "became a player".

Boggling. Rohan is still average with brief moments of being okay.

Amazing the lengths some will go to support their argument. Different types of scoring and "became a player".

Boggling. Rohan is still average with brief moments of being okay.

Amazing that this is going right over your heads. HINT: We are not talking about football. It is a joke.

Can we have a Rohan thread ?

For my ten cents, I never had any issues with Rohan. I was sad to lose him. I don't have any issues with Hayward. He's a totally different player to Rohan and IMO will go on to have a solid career at the Swans.

My comments about the game were originally posted in the pre-season thread (Soz)

I watched (rather I squinted) for the first 3/4 before calling it a night. Too tired, laptop screen, poor quality stream, too hard to make out the new players especially when the commentators weren't calling them but were too busy waffling.

Highlights ?

There were highlights ?

It looks like we're in for another season of the goal-kicking yips, led once again by Papley. Didn't anyone think to buy Tommy a barn for Christmas ? Paint a big target on the side with the words "HIT ME" and a few bags of fresh sherrins.

Why is Reid the only Swan (besides maybe Kennedy and Rowbum) who can play clean below his knees ? I lost count of how many times he scooped up a damp ball and fired off a quick handball. I know it's early season but what skills have we been training for ? FFS, most of the players reminded me of the late great highwire acrobatic troupe The Flying Fumbleynees (May they rest in peace).

Heeney would do better playing honest footy instead of flash footy. Maybe there were too many trying to impress but I thought the Ginats were better drilled and stuck to the basics in the damp. Foxy was good. What a ferocious terrier. Gulden and Campbell both gutsy efforts. Bell worked hard but he's far from clean. Hickey looked good. Lots of OK players, especially for a first hit out.

Paps, Heeney and Blakey need to do nothing but kick at goal for the next few weeks. Rampe was missed as a leader, and not much help as a commentator. The backline was a bit chaotic at times. It needed organisation. Liked Ling's impact. He doesn't seem to want to take a step backwards.Gould is a freakin' bulldozer. Shame he couldn't have lined up Mummy (unless he did and I was asleep). Joey, Parks etc all looked good but this was about the youngsters and most have a very long way to go yet.

All in all not a bad hit out. No shortage of stuff to work on. FFS Swans TV, skip the live streams and put up a match video. Does a few hours later even matter ? Who spends Saturday inside watching footy anyway ? A live stream might be OK if the game's important and the points count but this game was all about watching the young guys have a crack, and at that it failed miserably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back