Game Day Scratch Match - GWS v Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden is a great kick. That long bomb to Paps was to his advantage not on top of their heads. Very impressed with him. A much better quarter. Gould got involved. Threw his weight around and busted a couple of packs. Got a couple of good possessions. Warner has been good. We started winning the mids when he came in. Don't know if there is a correlation but him, Ollie and Mills in there together seem to be very good.

A much better quarter. The players are handling the conditions far better. We should be a long way ahead. But s**t delivery forward killed our first half and being murdered in the clearances did not help. We won the clearances by a lot that quarter.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Logan McDonald is a hard worker, doesn't stop moving. Nice chasedown tackle to set up the Reid goal.

Want to see Gould play again next week. There's something there with his size and physicality, but he appears a little unsure of himself today. Had some solid moments but I've noticed some handling errors under little pressure and taking some small steps around contact. Not writing him off by any means, but got a lot of work to do to usurp Fox's spot by round 1 imo.

I think Ollie’s KICKING is good, usually gets a pretty nice piece of it, just lets himself down with decision making - could be the most elusive mid going atm though.

gulden looks nice.
Being the most allusive mid at the Swans atm is akin to being the classiest woman at an NRL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with most people's assessment of James Bell in that he doesn't really have any particular asset which is gonna really help him be a consistent senior player. But you've got to give him that he played a fairly good game today - he wasn't our best but he was far from the worst. And in fact every time I see him he seems to play at least OK.

That may well be his ceiling - a guy who can be OK at senior level but nothing more. But I gotta give him a wrap for how he's giving himself the opportunity to be an AFL player by working his tail off. I respect that.

For a game I was quite excited to watch, had to turn that s**t off midway through the last. Just completely unwatchable. 40 or so blokes just absolutely cooked. No one's fault.

Good hitout for the boys, no real standout individual performances but I'd give our BOG honours to Melican. Just defended and rebounded all day and looked to be the only one treating it like the outcome mattered.

For a game I was quite excited to watch, had to turn that sh*t off midway through the last. Just completely unwatchable. 40 or so blokes just absolutely cooked. No one's fault.

Good hitout for the boys, no real standout individual performances but I'd give our BOG honours to Melican. Just defended and rebounded all day and looked to be the only one treating it like the outcome mattered.

Agreed with Melican's game. Really solid. He's always appeared to really struggle when he's not at 100% fitness. There are some guys who can just keep performing when under fitness clouds but Melican doesn't appear one. In any case, he looked fit and strong today. Good sign.

I'd add Hickey and Mills to round out our best 3.

Some real positives out there.

Tough conditions for forwards but mcdonald worked really hard and competed. Can’t ask much more

Campbell impressed by foot. Didnt get a tonne of it but showed his class

Gulden was excellent. Got busier as the game went on and really showed his high skill level.

Warner was very impressive in the second half. Competed really hard.

Liz looked much better up the ground. Could be a big year for him

Can't take too much from the game.
Not great conditions, first hit out, but the lift in intensity in the second half was pleasing.

Really pleased with 3 young(er) players;

McCartin; just at home down back, reads the ball superbly.
Gulden; mentioned when he was drafted his drive, endurance & skill. On show today.
Warner looked at home and probably our most prolific mid today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back