VFL Game Day Scratch matches 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it's 10 on 10 due to their injury list rather than ours. By my calculations we have more players available from last week (Stewart, Draper, Francis etc)

Bomber players playing for North? I'm obviously missing some understanding about these matches.
I’m guessing they didn’t have enough players and we had a few extras.

From the players we had available I'd have guessed we'd have loaned a couple, probably someone like Crauford and McBride as they look like they have a lot of KPP's out, and from there we would have managed Francis, Cahill and whichever of Begley/Bellchambers played alongside Draper in his first match back.

Would be interested to see how Stewart went

And I think I saw Franga in that Heppell tweet too.

I would assume the ones playing would be Mcquillan, Mcbride, Francis, Zerk, Begley, Bryan, Crauford, Guelfi, Mosquito, Cahill, Gown, Draper and Stewart.

Redman and Bellchambers maybe held back for tonight just in case.

I would assume the ones playing would be Mcquillan, Mcbride, Francis, Zerk, Begley, Bryan, Crauford, Guelfi, Mosquito, Cahill, Gown, Draper and Stewart.

Redman and Bellchambers maybe held back for tonight just in case.
Redman played, and why would he be held over? He isn't an emergency. I'd guess Begley was held over and the other emergencies were on managed GT

w
Essendon reporting that Cahill kicked 5.👍

Kangas reporting that scores weren't being kept.🤣
where did you see that mate, doesn't seem to be on the website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, what we could do against the Dogs (remembering that Shiel is allowed to play haha):

Defence: Francis, Bryan, Zerk-Thatcher, McQuillan, McBride
Midfield: Shiel, Begley, Mutch, Guelfi Clarke, Draper
Forward: Bellchambers, Mosquito, Cahill, Gown, Crauford

Some interesting bits in the write up for last week. The question about playing for the opposition appears to come down to Bryan and Crauford playing on each other the whole game but swapping jumpers lol. Kind of an interesting way to deal with the issue.

Nick Bryan and Henry Crauford
"It was a weird one for Bryan and Crauford. It's the first time this year where we've had more players than the opposition and had to share a little bit. They were so open to it, and took turns in playing for the opposition, so they played on each other as forwards and backs and swapped teams each quarter. You'd imagine it'd be a pretty tough thing to do, but they took it in their stride, didn't complain and got great experience playing in positions they wouldn't normally play."

Beyond that I put Drapers thing in his own thread as his first game back. Redman in the midfield is out of position, Cahill in the midfield. Clarke was apparently taking a leadership role in the midfield which makes sense if he's the only natural midfielder in there. The rest is kind of meh.

The rest of it is here:

Draper. Honestly haven't seen him clunk like that before. Rocking some serious mullet.
can't take the Adelaide out of the kid

Okay, what we could do against the Dogs (remembering that Shiel is allowed to play haha):

Defence: Francis, Guelfi, Zerk-Thatcher, McQuillan, McBride
Midfield: Shiel, Begley, Mutch, Cutler, Clarke, Draper
Forward: Bryan, Mosquito, Cahill, Gown, Crauford
Updated to include Cutler and remove Bellchambers as held over emergency potentially. Theirs could look like:

Defence: Suckling, Lewis Young, Butler, Khamis, Lynch
Midfield: Trengove, West, Richards, Hayes, Roarke Smith, Gowers
Forward: Weightman, Lachie Young, Dickson, Greene, Gardner

Using Sweet as the held over emergency. Both teams have a good amount there. Draper/Clarke/Shiel/Begley as our main centre square combo with Cutler and Mutch on the wings whilst they use Trengove/West/Hayes/Smith with Richards and Gowers on the wings. Also we'd have a huge mismatch up forward with Bryan, Gown and Crauford up against Young, then I assume Suckling and Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back