Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Sheesh, hopefully we are not playing 2 games against the Crows in a row. That would be horrible prep.

Crows are a good 1st up hit out as they're going to hit preseason at full steam on the back of last year, and with the extra length preseason they've had they should give us a solid run, but it should still be a decent confidence boost.

But that second game we really want some top quality to test ourselves out against.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
couldnt give two shits about who wins....

Just want the players to get some game time into there legs and no injuries!

If we are a well drilled side we should win comfortably and winning form is good form. No more of this she'll be right, sit back in the deckchair attitude.

Heard Rowey say on AA this morning that he's heard that the Perth match against Wet Toast the following week will be canned as the AFL don't want clubs travelling so close to the season starting

Another trial game slated against the Tingles in lieu

Yay

Beating the crows is fun and all, but playing them like 7 times is a bit much.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Well we are playing a simulated footy club
Did he say stimulated Beryl? I haven't been stimulated since 1973.

1613974865150.png

Pickett4GOAT

Cancelled
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There’s lots of guys vying for a few spots , Bergman , Jones , Bonner trying to squeeze into defence , McKenzie and Clurey seemingly battling it out for full back . Hartlett and Burton trying to hang on to their spots .
Motlop trying to stay in the forward line , George trying to get in . Marshall trying to stay in . Orazio trying to get in . Even Robbie has to perform or he could be managed
Hayes trying to get in . Ladhams and Lycett trying to stay in . Farrell and Woodcock pushing their case . Rockliff trying to stay in . Mead and Drew trying to make a case . Garner and Mayes trying to make sure they’re first ones in if there is injuries.
Should make for a strong effort , I guess they’ll rotate heaps of players especially in the second half .
Another guy who always impresses is Garner but he hasnt had many opportunities. I can see him requesting a trade at the end of the year if he is still behind Bonner and Bergman. I think he's a better choice than those two as he is a natural defender- what he lacks in pace he makes up for with aggression, composure and consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
jockstrap? showing your age. :)

One of the first jobs I had after leaving school was working in a shop that sold everything from television sets to, well, jockstraps, and one day a former teacher of mine came in to the shop wishing to purchase an athletic support and he asked his wife, "What size do you think I should get?" and she says, "Well, small I suppose". Teach tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible while the transaction was completed.

The Crows and Power will also clash in a SANFL practice match commencing at 8.30am ACDT.

Not sure if this gets streamed also, hope so.
Good find. I bet it gets hidden like the reserves scratch matches last year.

My predicted lineups for the 2 games from the players we have available.

Not sure on the fitness of the following players who did not take part in the intra-club match:
AFL: McKenzie, Mead, Goldsack
SANFL: Surman (out for 3 weeks). Sutcliffe (C), Appleton, Samblich, Wong, Westbrook, Aldridge, Wildman, Montgomery, Moore

It's possible we bring a bunch of the other SANFL players in and also have a large AFL bench so everyone gets some minutes.

AFL:
F: Ladhams - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Marshall - Rozee
C: Amon - Boak - Duursma
HB: Byrne-Jones - Clurey - Houston
B: Jonas (C) - Aliir - Hartlett
R: Lycett - Wines - Powell-Pepper
INT FROM: Rockliff - Fantasia - Burton - Motlop

SANFL:

F: Edwards - Lord - Williams
HF: Burgoyne - Georgiades - Farrell
C: Bergman - Drew - Bonner
HB: Frederick - Pasini - Jones
B: Lienert - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Woodcock
INT FROM: Schofield - Strange - Weidemann - Carter - Sareen

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My predicted lineups for the 2 games from the players we have available.

Not sure on the fitness of the following players who did not take part in the intra-club match:
AFL: McKenzie, Mead, Goldsack
SANFL: Surman (out for 3 weeks). Sutcliffe (C), Appleton, Samblich, Wong, Westbrook, Aldridge, Wildman, Montgomery, Moore

It's possible we bring a bunch of the other SANFL players in and also have a large AFL bench so everyone gets some minutes.

AFL:
F: Ladhams - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Marshall - Rozee
C: Amon - Boak - Duursma
HB: Byrne-Jones - Clurey - Houston
B: Jonas (C) - Aliir - Hartlett
R: Lycett - Wines - Powell-Pepper
INT FROM: Rockliff - Fantasia - Burton - Motlop

SANFL:
F: Edwards - Lord - Williams
HF: Burgoyne - Georgiades - Farrell
C: Bergman - Drew - Bonner
HB: Frederick - Pasini - Jones
B: Lienert - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Woodcock
INT FROM: Schofield - Strange - Weidemann - Carter - Sareen
I'm expecting an extended Bench for the AFL side with Bergman, Jones and Georgiadies playing.

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Meanwhile 15k can pack into gouger St for Chinese new years celebrations and people can wander freely around the fringe and festival venues. Heaven forbid we be allowed to watch football from behind a fence because crowds at a trial game here are apparently such a disadvantage to Victorian teams because reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back