Review Scratch matches vs the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

A 20kg, 5’8 Half Forward with a Bung shoulder... and it surprises you he ‘slid’ to 14?

I would say it was a great eye to reach and take him inside the top 25.

It doesn't take a great eye, it just takes the ability to ignore recruiting biases that favour certain types of players over certain other types of players, often without good justification.

Just how much of the ball did Tayla Walker get? Admittedly I only watched the last 2 and half quarters, but I only saw him a couple of times. The amount of people I've heard say "Tex is back" is astounding. From memory I saw him take 1 mark and kick 1 goal.

Just how much of the ball did Tayla Walker get? Admittedly I only watched the last 2 and half quarters, but I only saw him a couple of times. The amount of people I've heard say "Tex is back" is astounding. From memory I saw him take 1 mark and kick 1 goal.

That’s more than he did in every single game last year so technically the commentary you’re hearing is correct.

I think the first 3 times he touched the ball he got caught holding the ball. Also gave away a blatant 50 metre that led to a goal for us.
He's back as comic relief - but then he never really went away

For those writing off Hammer. This was two games ago:

PORT ADELAIDE 2.1 4.2 7.4 9.4 (58)
GEELONG 1.4 3.7 4.8 5.12 (42)

BEST
Port Adelaide: Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Ebert, Motlop, Wines, Hartlett, Butters

He was incredible that game. Will take more than a couple of errors in the prelim and a patchy scratch match to recommend putting him out to pasture for mine.

A 20kg, 5’8 Half Forward with a Bung shoulder... and it surprises you he ‘slid’ to 14?

Can remember Butters being a very popular call on this board with our 3rd selection pre draft. Robbie was smart enough to talk everyone into not taking any chances.

If he was rated outside the top 25 due to his size then every recruiter in the country should be sacked. Fact is he wasn't, he was rated in top 10-20 spots and I'm glad we picked him up. I doubt there would be 5 better players then Zak out of that draft, or 5 players who have performed better then Zak from that draft.

It wasn't a reach to get him when we did, we did well to get him before anyone else did. Credit where it's due for that to.

For those writing off Hammer. This was two games ago:

PORT ADELAIDE 2.1 4.2 7.4 9.4 (58)
GEELONG 1.4 3.7 4.8 5.12 (42)

BEST
Port Adelaide: Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Ebert, Motlop, Wines, Hartlett, Butters

He was incredible that game. Will take more than a couple of errors in the prelim and a patchy scratch match to recommend putting him out to pasture for mine.
I thought he had a reasonable season last year. He provided a cool head to the defence. At times though (like the Richmond final), it looked like he was struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

Was predicted to get picked in the 15-30 range so pick 14 is hardly a reach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pumping of Ted's tyres is so bizarre. I can't tell if its due to pity or commentators having a working relationship with him.
Much more talented, much more likeable guys have been afforded half the praise he gets for his utterly diminished abilities.
Every game Tex plays is one more game the franchise is likely to lose and one less game they get in to a player with potential.

TEX IS BACK BIG TIME!! SPREAD THE WORD!

Every game Tex plays is one more game the franchise is likely to lose and one less game they get in to a player with potential.

TEX IS BACK BIG TIME!! SPREAD THE WORD!
His ratio of effort to pay scale paints him as a lazy comfortable thief. Your right I hope they keep blowing smoke up his arse.

Was predicted to get picked in the 15-30 range so pick 14 is hardly a reach.

Zak went at #12, but 'looking back in hindsight', there's no one who went after him that's any better performed so far, and a few that went before him that haven't been anywhere near as good.

Zak went at #12, but 'looking back in hindsight', there's no one who went after him that's any better performed so far, and a few that went before him that haven't been anywhere near as good.

lol, missed that he went at 12 and not 14 as the poster I replied to claimed. Still not a reach though.

Interestingly pick 14 was Jackson Hately who played for the Camry Crows on Saturday after being drafted to GWS.

I wonder if we would of picked Caldwell if they were both there 🤷 bloody rapt how it turned out.

In hindsight there’s probably no one taken ahead of him that’s been in an AA squad yet either.
(No fact checking done on my part)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back