Movie Scream 4

Remove this Banner Ad

220px-Scream4PosterTeaser.jpg

Plot: Ten years have passed, and Sidney Prescott, who has put herself back together thanks in part to her writing, is visited by the Ghostface Killer.

Release Date: April 15, 2011.

Not only is this film #1 on my most anticipated list, but being a MASSIVE Scream fan, such is my eagerness that for 9 years I have waited and hoped that Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson would get back and nut out a proper Scream sequel given the underwhelming franchise 'finale' that was Scream 3. Much of the criticism was levelled at the fact that Williamson took a back seat to the writing duties and instead Ehren Kruger was given the right to pen the story. Thankfully Kev is back where he belongs in the writers seat for Scream 4, so naturally it can only be better.

Better news, apart from the reunion of the original brains and creative-braun behind the series in Craven and Williamson, is the return of the 3 original surviving characters in Sidney, Dewey, and Gale Weathers.

Apparently this film is being treated as the 'first installment' in a new trilogy, and a fresh generation of characters will be introduced so as to 'pass the baton'. One such new character central to this transition is Jill Kessler - played by Emma Roberts - who is the cousin of Sidney Prescott.

Other new cast members include Hayden Panettiere (tittays :thumbsu:), Rory Culkin, Nico Tortorella and Erik Knudsen (Saw II).

Here is the Teaser Trailer that was released today:

[YOUTUBE]WsYE0oSHRVU[/YOUTUBE]

JIZZZZZZZZZZ!! :thumbsu: :eek:

Given the original Scream was a great parody on all the usual horror movie cliches of the day...can we expect that this new one will encompass the last 9 years of horror movies and takes p1ss out of torture pr0n? Surely thats what they have to do....

hope they've finished filming. now that courtney cox and david arquette have split, any future scenes might have been difficult to deal with.

Yep, filming wrapped on September 22. According to reports, apparently they were 'taking a break' from their marriage about halfway through filming, and Craven himself had no clue this was the case until reports came out after they finished filming.

Judging by that I guess it didn't have any effect on their performances in the film, which is pretty professional on their behalf, but it would've been very awkward none the less.

Given the original Scream was a great parody on all the usual horror movie cliches of the day...can we expect that this new one will encompass the last 9 years of horror movies and takes p1ss out of torture pr0n? Surely thats what they have to do....

Yep they will pretty much cover everything from remakes to endless sequels. You can summize that they will take the piss out of this in the form of the film-within-a-film Stab series. In Scream 4 they'll probably be up to Stab 13 if the events in the film take place 10 years after Scream 3, and they make light of the a sequel-a-year in the vain of the Saw series. Or they may be focusing on the remake of the original Stab; which could also hint at the killer/s motive behind the current spate of murders in Woodsboro.

Wes Craven was interviewed back in April, and here is what he said when posed with the question; 'What is your opinion of where the horror genre has gone these past 10 years?':

"It feels like the end of an era of a certain type of film. There are series of films, a lot of sequels, and a lot of remakes, and part of the humor of Scream 4 is when characters comment on that. “Enough of Saw 25 and all!” [Laughs] A lot of films, directors, and studios are the butts of some of the jokes. In order to figure out what’s happening around them, the characters have to figure out where the genre of horror is.

So this is a look at horror after 10 years of a lot of sequels rather than original films coming up year after year. One film is successful, and then they make 25 of them. I think it’s time for something new. I’ve done remakes of my own films, too, with The Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes, but we feel it’s time for something new and different, and that’s what this film is going to be."

The full interview can be found at: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/28/scream-4-poster-wes-craven/

I remember seeing Scream when I was about 11 and thinking it was pretty good. I don't really remember Scream 2. I saw Scream 3 when I was 13 and thought it was pretty ordinary.

I wonder what I'd think of them if I watched them all now (age 23)?

Haha, i'm only a year younger than you and I too can still remember when I saw Scream in the cinemas, and buying the VHS tape of it when it was first released. It holds a place in my heart because it's actually the first film that introduced me to the Horror genre and made me such a massive fan. :D

I own all 3 films on DVD, and having watched it nowadays I can say that Scream 1 and 2 are still as awesome as what they were when I first saw them. Scream 3, however, is more shizen than ever.

The original was good. Wasn't too crash hot on two and three. Sequels that take more than three years to make are usually the better ones (usually), so I'm thinking this might be worth seeing.

I cant take it anymore. im feeling a little woozy here!

Looking foward to Scream 4 actually. Really enjoyed the previous three.
Ow! You ****in hit me with the phone dick.

I'm with most of you that the original and the sequel were great and the third was ordinary. Would like to know more of the story but it sounds like it will be back to the goodness.

"Yeah Randy, why don't you liv-er alone. Liver alone! Hahaha... *gets punched by Billy* Ow! Liv-er/leave her... it was a joke!" :D

Wow Walker..you are 'The Oracle' on all things Scream 4. Thanks for the link.

Haha, not a problem. A good website i've been following for some time in regards to up-to-date news on Scream 4 is http://www.scream-trilogy.net

BTW here is the updated extended version of the Teaser Trailer, also in much better quality:

[YOUTUBE]9fMJXcX6DIc[/YOUTUBE]

Judging by the new footage, it looks as though the killer/s will also be employing the use of modern technologies such as social networking, and youtube to terrorize the town of Woodsboro. I'm already impressed with how Williamson is adding new elements such as this which are relative to contemporary culture. It's a very smart way of keeping the story fresh and new. :thumbsu:

I reckon Sidney will either
end up being the Ghostface killer at the end.... or be the first person killed in the opening of the film
. Spoilered just in case, but it's more of an educated guess :p.

Like everyone else, thought the first was great, second good, third very disappointing. It's kinda funny, how it was the first "movie within a movie" released in the 2000's.... and other movies (like Urban Legend: Final Cut) that tried to follow a similar principle, also failed.

I remember when they said they were making another Scream I almost lost my s**t. I loved the first 3. I remember watching Scream over and over again as a kid. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it's official! We're only 9 days away from the release of Scream 4, and as you can see... well, i'm pretty excited being a Scream geek and all. :eek: :D

Yep they will pretty much cover everything from remakes to endless sequels. You can summize that they will take the piss out of this in the form of the film-within-a-film Stab series. In Scream 4 they'll probably be up to Stab 13 if the events in the film take place 10 years after Scream 3, and they make light of the a sequel-a-year in the vain of the Saw series. Or they may be focusing on the remake of the original Stab; which could also hint at the killer/s motive behind the current spate of murders in Woodsboro.

I guess I was spot on with regards to this. From all reports they are up to Stab 7 in the film, and the new spate of murders are inspired by the movie-within-a-movie. I suppose this harks back to the plot of Scream 2 in a way, where the killer/s were patterning the murders after those killed in the original Scream - but I like that they have adopted the exact concept I had in mind for Scream 4 and what direction I think it should take.

For anyone that hasn't yet caught the official trailer, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]D5TsZ6iyaH4[/YOUTUBE]

And here is a tasty little clip of Sidney talking it up to the killer. Having gone through the same terrorising hell 3 times prior, i'm sure she has no fear for the reaper this time. ;)

[YOUTUBE]uog7j1x0brU[/YOUTUBE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

These next two clips show how Scream 4 will be going back to it's roots and drawing upon situations that harp back to the original film. This is what I love most!

The first clip depicts an exchange between Ghostface and possible victims. I love the gritty dialogue; "You hang up this phone and i'll cut through your neck until I feel bone!!!"

Ahh, it takes you back to the original when Ghostface warns Casey "If you hang up on me again i'll GUT YOU LIKE A FISH... understand!?!"

[YOUTUBE]T_ybSV3ttTc[/YOUTUBE]

This clip is almost a de-ja-vu boyfriend sequence that immediately makes you think of the first scene proceeding Casey's death, where Billy jumps through Sidney's window and plays 'sweet considerate boyfriend', and also where he arrives on scene to comfort Sidney after she's been attacked, dropping his phone from his pocket making him a suspect.

This character 'Trevor' is Billy Mk II down to a tee, except this time he's an EX-boyfriend! I know the writers want you to automatically suspect he's the killer given what happened in the first film, but remember they did the same in Scream 2 making you suspect Sidney's college boyfriend - who didn't turn out to be the killer.

[YOUTUBE]4w-bE_36-ig[/YOUTUBE]

New decade, new rules? I reckon the franchise has come 360 degrees, and thus the killer will once again be the boyfriend.

Anyone think there will be 2 killers? I think there's a strong chance there will be. :thumbsu:

Well i dont know but i am not excited for scream 4 now. Dont you guys think in these kind of movies story follows the same trend.

Holy Sh*t the last 6 months has gone so quick. Extremely excited for this to come out. you find a bigger Scream fan than me.

GaArGrH! It's released in theatres today! Ghostface. is. BACK! :D :thumbsu:

I'll be catching it later today, can't wait!! #screamfanboi

For those of you who have been following the previews and reading up on the film in the lead up to it's release, do you have any off the cuff guesses as to who the killer is/killers are?

I'll say it'll be either or two of, in order of most likely:

• Charlie (creepy film geek/is a Culkin)
    Trevor (Jill's ex-boyfriend, obvious killer for the reasons I stated above in my previous post)
    Dep. Judy Hicks (Cop/Sidney's ex-classmate)

Judy Hicks is a tricky one as she is the only character Wes Craven has stated has a direct link to Sidney, but I can't see her having a motive. Unless of course she is somehow related to one of the killer's in the first film, or even a victim?

But I suspect her as that'd mean she'd be only the second female to be a killer out of the entire franchise (after Billy's mother in S2), and would tie in with the tagline "New Decade. New Rules". You automatically suspect a male is behind the killings going by the previous films, and you wouldn't suspect a cop to be behind the murders, so this'd throw you for a loop. Plus the actress - Marley Shelton - who plays the character has the look to play a killer/silent nutjob.

Snappy opening this time around?

I reckon they'll open with a scene from one of the new Stab movies, but only difference is this time it's a movie-within a movie-within a movie. For instance; a scene where one of the characters in Stab 7 is watching a horror movie based off the events of 'Stab'. The viewer immediately thinks they are watching characters in the 'Scream 4 world', only to realise that not only are they from 'Stab', they are from a movie WITHIN 'Stab'. Essentially it's 3 layers within the Scream world.

I'm not sure how Wes Craven would pull this off, but I had a crazy idea about this ages ago, and would take the whole 'meta' aspect (a movie parodying/self referencing itself) to a whole new level and completely mess with the viewer's mind. Probably way too complicated for a Scream film.

If not, i'm guessing they'll just open with a scene from 'Stab' and then pan out to show two Scream 4 characters watching the film on DVD, only for the phone to ring...

Anyhoo, can't wait! :D

"What's your favourite scary movie!?"

Scream4Poster.jpg

I reckon they'll open with a scene from one of the new Stab movies, but only difference is this time it's a movie-within a movie-within a movie. For instance; a scene where one of the characters in Stab 7 is watching a horror movie based off the events of 'Stab'. The viewer immediately thinks they are watching characters in the 'Scream 4 world', only to realise that not only are they from 'Stab', they are from a movie WITHIN 'Stab'. Essentially it's 3 layers within the Scream world.

I'm not sure how Wes Craven would pull this off, but I had a crazy idea about this ages ago, and would take the whole 'meta' aspect (a movie parodying/self referencing itself) to a whole new level and completely mess with the viewer's mind. Probably way too complicated for a Scream film.

If not, i'm guessing they'll just open with a scene from 'Stab' and then pan out to show two Scream 4 characters watching the film on DVD, only for the phone to ring...

It's a killer (pun intended) way to either confuse the audience or throw the audience a curve ball right from the start. I like it personally. If they did go with something like this, you'd think they would show another Casey scene (Drew Barrymore) like they did at the start of Scream 1 (Original) and Scream 2 (Stab). Wonder what they would call the deeper movie, "Slash" ? or perhaps "Scream" itself!

Been watching Scream 1 and 2 the last 2 nights, and will watch Scream 3 tonight, which I think I only ever saw once in theatres back in 2000. As I'm in the States, going to stay clear of this board until I see it on Friday over here.

Went and saw this last nite @ the cinemas; as have been anticipating this for a good while now.....without trying to spoil too much, I think the combination of Craven and Williamson back at the helm took this movie back to what it was originally supposed to be; a satire on other "slasher" movies, quick witted dialogue, etc.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:
The movie takes a shot at the 15 minutes of fame people, ie. the Kardashians, Hiltons, reality show winners, YOUTUBE knobs, etc. with the motive of the killer being that they want to be famous for actually doing something

Was weak as piss, they all have been since the first one IMO. Tried too much to be a mock-horror that it forgot to be entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back