Scripted games.

Remove this Banner Ad

tenor.gif

Occam's Razor, OP - always assume incompetence before assuming a massive conspiracy. Umpires are incompetent and given confusing guidelines that are constantly shifting. That and them being humans who are coerced by loud crowds explains most of your conspiracy. With all the money involved in gambling it'd be naive to think there's not a POSSIBILITY of players or officials trying to influence a result but to claim it's become completely scripted as a directive from the AFL CEO downwards is ludicrous. Consider what they have to gain vs. what they have to lose. A conspiracy involving that many people would surely come out eventually and everyone involved would be shamed and could potentially be charged with various offences. I can't believe I've spent this much time answering such a ludicrous notion but, please, for the love of God, step back and actually consider all the details of what you're claiming.

I'd say either all games are fixed or none are. Picking out random games because of an umpiring call as fixed is legitimately the height of stupidity.

Some cricket matches have been fixed or have had spot fixing while others haven't so why would AFL matches be any different?

I don't think it's any coincidence that the umpiring and results of AFL games have become more suspect since gambling has become so heavily involved.

Some cricket matches have been fixed or have had spot fixing while others haven't so why would AFL matches be any different?

I don't think it's any coincidence that the umpiring and results of AFL games have become more suspect since gambling has become so heavily involved.
Yeah but that's by players though, not umpires. Players having bets =! the AFL being the equivalent of the WWE.

"Fixed" is not the same as "result was affected by biased umpiring"

Geelong Vs Port was certainly the latter but it is a big stretch to suggest it was fixed

Countdown clock starts so early on Dixon. Gets called to play on when 99% of the time they just let the player finish the shot. Robbie Gray molested the entire last quarter and you're saying this wasn't fixed? Bullshit.

Did they block Dixons vision of the scoreboard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have his disposal over old firestarter Adams who couldn't hit the side of a barn with a beach ball.

I know they're different players in different role, but you'd prefer a player in Hunt who gets much less of the ball (18.45 disposals per game), doesn't win nearly as much of his own ball (30.50% contested), but has a higher percentage of his disposals go to the opposition (26.11% of his disposals are turnovers)? OK.

For comparison, Adams averages 30.08 disposals per game, 40.77% contested, with a 14.96% turnover rate. And that's before we mention Adams being among the league leaders in both score involvements AND tackles, doing the business both ways.

Carlton vs GWS: Carlton are a good defensive team, we know that. But the umpiring was an entirely one sided affair. Of course not many people outside of Carlton fans would have watched this one so pretty easy to keep quiet. Toby Greene should have sealed the deal or at LEAST tied the game but he didn't. 0 goals 5, very suss player.
Hilarious. How many times did GWS players drop the ball in the final quarter like it was a hot potato, without getting penalised? Then there's the deliberate OOB paid against Weitering in the dying seconds that might have cost us the game.

I know they're different players in different role, but you'd prefer a player in Hunt who gets much less of the ball (18.45 disposals per game), doesn't win nearly as much of his own ball (30.50% contested), but has a higher percentage of his disposals go to the opposition (26.11% of his disposals are turnovers)? OK.

For comparison, Adams averages 30.08 disposals per game, 40.77% contested, with a 14.96% turnover rate. And that's before we mention Adams being among the league leaders in both score involvements AND tackles, doing the business both ways.
I just use my eyes. Who did you think was better on the weekend?
Adams also doesn't burn his opponents with blistering line breaking speed, had 2 tackles on the weekend after he mouthed off during the week and constantly kicks the ball sideways to a teammate in a worse spot than him.
His stats might appear better but if you actually sit down and watch the footy, I know who I'm taking every day of the week and it's actually not even close.

I just use my eyes. Who did you think was better on the weekend?
Adams also doesn't burn his opponents with blistering line breaking speed, had 2 tackles on the weekend after he mouthed off during the week and constantly kicks the ball sideways to a teammate in a worse spot than him.
His stats might appear better but if you actually sit down and watch the footy, I know who I'm taking every day of the week and it's actually not even close.

Well the stats merely back up what my eyes see, that Hunt is an overrated turnover merchant, and that your (and many other people's) perceptions of Taylor Adams are dead wrong.

Or maybe in that same time period the coverage of the game has gone up exponentially, so 'suspect' umpiring decisions are shown over and over and over every week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back