Roast Scully faces his Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, saw those this morning. Good work, boys. :thumbsu:

Whilst I understand the dissapointment and frustration from Melbourne Fans in Scully leaving, the only way to put this to rest is to take home the 4 points on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately this is not a monty game for Melbourne so with all the talk and intimidation towards Scully and GWS this could really back fire on the MFC.

If GWS wins the game then I feel Scully will have the last laugh with his decision to leave justified in career progression along with a healthy pay rise.

Capt Jack Trengove can mouth of all he wants; however he needs to concentrate on developing his game to a level that warrants his cockiness as he hasnt progressed to a level hoped by many.

Melbourne have so much more to lose out of this game than GWS so save the bravado for Sunday evening once GWS has been put to the sword, otherwise I imagine it will be very quiet for MFC for the remainder of the season.

to Quote nathan Jones When asked whether the best way to put Scully off was physical pressure or a verbal barrage, Jones hinted that he would sit right near those boundaries.

"I'll be trying both, I'll give you the hot tip," Jones said.

That's awesome, love it when players don't hide and act like a big-time professional and tell everyone exactly how theyre feeling. Dont worry about tappy, Jones definatley has the ability to hurt someone.

Whilst I understand the dissapointment and frustration from Melbourne Fans in Scully leaving, the only way to put this to rest is to take home the 4 points on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately this is not a monty game for Melbourne so with all the talk and intimidation towards Scully and GWS this could really back fire on the MFC.

I doubt it will ever be put to rest until Scullys career is over. WCE fans still boo Judd, can't see why this would be any different. The little bugger lied to our late great president, seriously, we are going to forget about that after one game? Get real.

If GWS wins the game then I feel Scully will have the last laugh with his decision to leave justified in career progression along with a healthy pay rise.

He must already think playing for GWS is bringing him more money and career progression, hence he is there and not here. I'm sure Scully wont be laughing about anything if they win, I doubt anyone thinks one win is the be all and end all.

Capt Jack Trengove can mouth of all he wants; however he needs to concentrate on developing his game to a level that warrants his cockiness as he hasnt progressed to a level hoped by many.

Please provide an example of Trengove mouthing off about GWS or Scully? I've only heard diplomatic cliches from him this week.

Melbourne have so much more to lose out of this game than GWS so save the bravado for Sunday evening once GWS has been put to the sword, otherwise I imagine it will be very quiet for MFC for the remainder of the season.

What Bravado? No player or club official is taking GWS lightly or has indicated any such thing. As for fans, well fans are entitled to say yeh we are gonna win every week!

What our boys need to realise is that we need to win the game first. There would be nothing worse than after that final siren goes we have lost. Even if he doesnt do jack s**t he will still have the last laugh. I think it would be better off if we said nothing, dont let him think he is worth it......I do hope J Macdonald plays well. Giddy Up boys

The fact of the matter is that Headlines will be written if GWS win and Scully plays well.

No one will give a **** and nothing will be said if MFC win this!

Comparing Judd to Scully is plain ridiculous and MFC need to accept he's gone and move forward.

The compensation awarded is more than adequate and well used and if MFC go out on Sunday concentrating on Scully and letting their emotions get in the way of playing quality football then I'm not sure they'll get over the line.

I agree! - Judd was taken pick one and won his side a premiership, where as Scully was taken pick 1, lied for a year to all, then left.

Why the **** should we care what "anyone else thinks"? For all we care, you and anyone else on the outside can G&GF.

Sick of people telling this club and its supporters how to act and think!

The fact of the matter is that Headlines will be written if GWS win and Scully plays well.

No one will give a **** and nothing will be said if MFC win this!

Comparing Judd to Scully is plain ridiculous and MFC need to accept he's gone and move forward.

The compensation awarded is more than adequate and well used and if MFC go out on Sunday concentrating on Scully and letting their emotions get in the way of playing quality football then I'm not sure they'll get over the line.

Much like all the idiots in the media, you have are way off the mark.

None of us care that he decided to leave, and nobody blames him for taking the money.

What we do care about is that he LIED with no remorse to a gravelly ill man for 18 months. A man that deserved to be told the truth more than anyone else. I couldn't give a s**t that he lied to his team-mates and coaches, I only care what he did to Jimmy.

And for that we will make the pathetic little midget suffer for a long, long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 thing that you and others seem to forget is that I, along with a lot of others who support clubs outside of MFC actually do give a * and have supported MFC finnancially in your times of crisis!

It's the attitude of supporters like yourself which makes me rethink why I actually give a *. To me the game is bigger then Collingwood, its bigger then Judd and its certainly bigger then Tom Scully and the MFC. I'll support each and evry club if they are in the s**t as the last thing I want to see is decades of tradition being swept aside because of poor management and leadership.

A lot of supporters helped this club from outside of the MFC so be careful who you tell to G&GF!

If Travis Cloke goes to MFC I couldnt give a s**t, we move on knowing that we are compensated and recruit well. Scully is not the only bloke in this world to hold his cards close to his chest or lie to his employee about a possible job outside of his current employer and I hazard to guess a fair % of posters on this board have done exactly the same in their current fields of employment.

1 thing that you and others seem to forget is that I, along with a lot of others who support clubs outside of MFC actually do give a **** and have supported MFC finnancially in your times of crisis!

It's the attitude of supporters like yourself which makes me rethink why I actually give a ****. To me the game is bigger then Collingwood, its bigger then Judd and its certainly bigger then Tom Scully and the MFC. I'll support each and evry club if they are in the s**t as the last thing I want to see is decades of tradition being swept aside because of poor management and leadership.

A lot of supporters helped this club from outside of the MFC so be careful who you tell to G&GF!

If Travis Cloke goes to MFC I couldnt give a s**t, we move on knowing that we are compensated and recruit well. Scully is not the only bloke in this world to hold his cards close to his chest or lie to his employee about a possible job outside of his current employer and I hazard to guess a fair % of posters on this board have done exactly the same in their current fields of employment.

I get that in some respects the whole situation defies logical thought, but that comes with being a footy supporter. There are many who will speak with bias about events because footy is an emotional sport. I get the situation scully was in when he left. But he handled it terribly and you can look directly at Callan Ward for someone who handled the issue properly. Scully and his family didn't have any respect for the club which is why they acted the way he did. So when you barrack for a footy team, put your heart and soul into your support of them, and then have a player that your club made concessions for to ensure he could become elite spit on them, you don't think about the situation logically, and that will continue for many at least until we can have a couple of words with the guy come Sunday. There are so many people who will claim without a second thought what a 'basket-case' this club is, on field they'd be absolutely right, the previous footy department was a mess and never going to go anywhere. It may not look it but we are on the right track now, the new footy department can't fix the house that was left by the previous one overnight, but it will come together. Off-field we're in a pretty damn good position, our administrators who are criticised are the same ones who got us out of 5 million dollars worth of debt, got us out of Junction Oval and into AAMI stadium, and are now collecting millions of dollars worth of profits year in year out.

I agree BlueLegs entirely on the way MFC off field is progressing, but also note that a lot of 'AFL' supporters helped with this when you were down.

Unfortunately a lot have short memories, and whilst it appears that the Club is moving in the right direction from an administrative POV, this turns pear shaped very quickly unless the club can start making an impact on the ground.

The death of Jim Stynes is still very much around us, but there will be fickle supporters from within MFC and outside that will lose faith very quickly as time progresses and this will hurt the club.

I agree BlueLegs entirely on the way MFC off field is progressing, but also note that a lot of 'AFL' supporters helped with this when you were down.

Unfortunately a lot have short memories, and whilst it appears that the Club is moving in the right direction from an administrative POV, this turns pear shaped very quickly unless the club can start making an impact on the ground.

The death of Jim Stynes is still very much around us, but there will be fickle supporters from within MFC and outside that will lose faith very quickly as time progresses and this will hurt the club.

I'm pretty happy with how strong the membership base has been despite our on field issues. Granted there will be a point when some supporters get fed up, but so far the club's been steadily growing in the membership department for the past few years and we are only about one thousand below last years record which is pretty damn good considering how deplorable we've been on-field. The next time the club makes a solid bid for the finals I would be surprised if we didn't break 40k.

1 thing that you and others seem to forget is that I, along with a lot of others who support clubs outside of MFC actually do give a **** and have supported MFC finnancially in your times of crisis!

It's the attitude of supporters like yourself which makes me rethink why I actually give a ****. To me the game is bigger then Collingwood, its bigger then Judd and its certainly bigger then Tom Scully and the MFC. I'll support each and evry club if they are in the s**t as the last thing I want to see is decades of tradition being swept aside because of poor management and leadership.

Hardly sounds like you were this compassionate when talking about our "pathetic supporter-base club" who only survives by leeching off Collingwood and the AFL..

Nice try at showing like you care! ha!

The problem lies i believe with the pathetic supporter base clubs, who have nothing better to do then come on here and rubbish a succesful club like Collingwood, losing out on the millions of dollars per annum from leeching home games against the Pies being played at the MCG. I'm happy for clubs like Richmond/NthMelb/Melb to loose these games played in front of packed pies supporters indirectly keeping your clubs alive in the AFL before you stick your hands out for a freebie from AD, i'm happy with that because quite frankly i couldnt care less about yr clubs becoming the Melbourne Kangaroos or the North Tigers or relocating to a place where their 'Supporters' may actually go and see them play.

Must have been some turn of face to go from that to donating to our club, and then asking for our kudos..

RB, CA and Biff. One can only assume you blokes are off looking for your red cards so you can give this NT Blunder character the holiday he so richly deserves. I don't think anybody should be allowed to come on to our board and shoot the club down the way that he has, particularly this week of all weeks.

In future reporting crap posts is the way to go guys rather than the verbal stuff but 'NT.Thunder' has been given a week none the less.

In future reporting crap posts is the way to go guys rather than the verbal stuff but 'NT.Thunder' has been given a week none the less.

Sorry, just infuriates me so much.. Rather a flat out troll than someone looking for respect from "supporting the club financialy in the past"..
Will do next time :)

Carn the dees!! (and go to hell Scully!)

Much like all the idiots in the media, you have are way off the mark.

None of us care that he decided to leave, and nobody blames him for taking the money.

What we do care about is that he LIED with no remorse to a gravelly ill man for 18 months. A man that deserved to be told the truth more than anyone else. I couldn't give a s**t that he lied to his team-mates and coaches, I only care what he did to Jimmy.

And for that we will make the pathetic little midget suffer for a long, long time.
If you will do a banner I'd be focusing on that rather than the money I think because anyone would take it and run TBH

I might agree the AFl rules said he couldn't say anything until a certain point - he still passed that by months and said nothing

At first I wasn't so comfortable with going there with Jimmy but after reading this go your hardest...Scully should pay for that at least...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...est-in-gws-talks/story-e6frf3e3-1226400791182

And NT Thunder as a fellow oppostion supporter it is none of our business how other fans react to their club so butt out - at least Judd & Ablett gave their club success and still cop it from Geelong & WCE fans..Scully gave Melboune NOTHING

If you will do a banner I'd be focusing on that rather than the money I think because anyone would take it and run TBH

I might agree the AFl rules said he couldn't say anything until a certain point - he still passed that by months and said nothing

At first I wasn't so comfortable with going there with Jimmy but after reading this go your hardest...Scully should pay for that at least...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...est-in-gws-talks/story-e6frf3e3-1226400791182

And NT Thunder as a fellow oppostion supporter it is none of our business how other fans react to their club so butt out - at least Judd & Ablett gave their club success and still cop it from Geelong & WCE fans..Scully gave Melboune NOTHING

That's the one question I have about Sunday - do I risk being kicked out for having a banner saying "like father, like scum"?

It could be talking about anyone, it isn't racists/sexist etc, and is hardly offensive.. BUT I can seen them (mcg security & AFL) being extra sensitive.
Don't want to miss out on seeing the scumbag being decked and us beating the mercenaries..

That's the one question I have about Sunday - do I risk being kicked out for having a banner saying "like father, like scum"?

It could be talking about anyone, it isn't racists/sexist etc, and is hardly offensive.. BUT I can seen them (mcg security & AFL) being extra sensitive.
Don't want to miss out on seeing the scumbag being decked and us beating the mercenaries..
I wouldn't risk it...but like I said there is one thing that angers/hurts/infuriates the most with fans (me non fan included that I did refer to ) would be the safer for u guys & hurtful to Scully if he cared....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back