Sea Kayaker bumps off Evans (in his inimitable half informed useless way)

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is important is that if the conversation occurred —  and two of the three present attest to the fact that it did — it casts doubt on the whole narrative run by the government, ASADA, the AFL and the media, the narrative of a rogue scientist and an uncontrolled football department, the narrative that said it was all Dank or Hird’s fault and that Evans and others in management knew nothing about what had gone on until the February “tip off”. But to me the Black Caviar story suggests otherwise.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2016/01/20...bout-essendons-performance-enhancing-program/

I know its pretty irrelevant, but I just love the opening sentence:

"During that time when it seemed former Essendon chairman David Evans was wanting out in 2013, I had travelled to Arnhem Land to attend the funeral of an old friend, the singer from the band Yothu Yindi."

He's an old friend who you don't even dignify with a name, just big note that he was someone famous.

"During that time when it seemed former Essendon chairman David Evans was wanting out in 2013, I had travelled to Arnhem Land to attend the funeral of an old friend, the singer from the band Yothu Yindi."

He's an old friend who you don't even dignify with a name, just big note that he was someone famous.

NO MAN!

Martin, the model of life in communism and hero of the East Timorese resistance, knows you shouldn't name the deceased in indigenous culture.

To be fair, I think its a cultural issue with many indigenous nations not to name a deceased person.

Agreed the sea kayaker is a complete bell end but just once he may have gotten it right

I like the way Martin's big reveal is that Evans knew the program was on.

Ya reckon?

Evans who wrote a character reference for Charter. Evans who was at the meeting with Hird, Dank and Weapon where the plan was hatched out.

Evans who like old (ex) m8 Hird has, or at least had, an oddly youthful glow to his visage.

Can't get past this bit: "went well with my reasonably new Levis and warm winter cap". Although I did like that he "felt" AOD was fine - what does WADA know compared to Hardie's feels.

Otherwise it's only good news to hear that a book is looming with more of the same self-regard. And also eyewitness accounts of how the AFL is full of it and this was all club-sanctioned, of course - the more of that the better especially now that the program is clearly labelled for what it was.

whilst I have zero time or respect for Martin Hardie I have long considered this story to be illuminating with respect to Hird's fury at being thrown under the bus by Evans; not - as most seem to think - the other way round

Yeah, Evans was signed up to knife Hirdy in order to get the club/players off and Hirdy wasn't having a bar of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't really get why anyone took this guy or anything he says seriously.

No doubt in my mind that he's not wrong about Evans throwing Hird under the bus; the question is whether the motivation was more about trying to mitigate damage for Essendon, or save his own arse.

Maybe, in fact most likely, it's a combination of the two.

However, Hardie is a goofball.

Hey Hardie,you sir are a really,really,really s**t writer.
I mean,in the magnitude of middle high school s**t.
Fmd,you really struggle to collate more than a few words to form a sentence.
You should be kicked in the nuts.

I like the way Martin's big reveal is that Evans knew the program was on.

Ya reckon?

Evans who wrote a character reference for Charter. Evans who was at the meeting with Hird, Dank and Weapon where the plan was hatched out.

Evans who like old (ex) m8 Hird has, or at least had, an oddly youthful glow to his visage.
it might be obvious to you but you have a brain. Even 90% of this rabidly anti-EFC forum still think James threw poor old EFC stalwart Evans under the bus in his maniacal and sociopathic quest to keep his coaching job

Can't get past this bit: "went well with my reasonably new Levis and warm winter cap". Although I did like that he "felt" AOD was fine - what does WADA know compared to Hardie's feels.

Otherwise it's only good news to hear that a book is looming with more of the same self-regard. And also eyewitness accounts of how the AFL is full of it and this was all club-sanctioned, of course - the more of that the better especially now that the program is clearly labelled for what it was.

His Barcelona-based designer ...

Anti-doping expert??

to quote Percel 'wat?'

Its a pity he's not enough of an expert to correctly advise on consent forms but just wow!
An anti doping expert who can't even class a drug correctly

I think people are missing the really important question: does the book start with really horribly written prose about inclement weather conditions?
Or a nice warm cap and some fashionable jeans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back