XBX1 Sea Of Thieves

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a go at this last night, pretty underwhelmed to be honest

The motion of the ocean was good at the start, me and the crew sailed into the eye of the storm which was ok, basically none of us knew what we were doing, one guy sorta did, sailed us to an island, dug up some treasure, took it to some Island and sold it. got shot out of a cannon, fired a few cannons at a passing ship who then turned around and duly sunk us

But yeh I thought fk is this it, anyway I will give it another go today before it finishes, see if there is something I have missed

Had a go at this last night, pretty underwhelmed to be honest

The motion of the ocean was good at the start, me and the crew sailed into the eye of the storm which was ok, basically none of us knew what we were doing, one guy sorta did, sailed us to an island, dug up some treasure, took it to some Island and sold it. got shot out of a cannon, fired a few cannons at a passing ship who then turned around and duly sunk us

But yeh I thought fk is this it, anyway I will give it another go today before it finishes, see if there is something I have missed
This is just a stress test for the developers to test out their servers and purposely has less content than the stress test they did last week.

They’ve said there will be a proper open beta before release.

This is far from the complete game.

This is just a stress test for the developers to test out their servers and purposely has less content than the stress test they did last week.

They’ve said there will be a proper open beta before release.

This is far from the complete game.

Ah ok, thanks for that info....

Will give it another go this weekend

last weekend i ended up getting teamed up with a bunch of yanks, they were ok guys, loud, these guys said they had watched a lot of streams so I just basically tagged along, ended up getting about 10 chests as they just knew where to go to find them so I got a heap of gold and some levels but I didnt really learn much about the game except the basics, I didn't really get much out of it by playing with them, as in experiencing the game

I think I would rather play with a bunch of rookies and learn things as we go

Had another crack at this last night, this time with a few mates instead of randoms which made it a lot more enjoyable, levelled up a bit and made some cash.

I will be interested to see this game when all content is added, still undecided whether it will be worth buying

Had another crack at this last night, this time with a few mates instead of randoms which made it a lot more enjoyable, levelled up a bit and made some cash.

I will be interested to see this game when all content is added, still undecided whether it will be worth buying
That’s why game pass adding this is great. You can use your free two week trial to play this game for nothing.

What's the story to this game? Big pirate boss at the end? Or is just PvP with a few quests here and there... prob end up getting it... but just wondering how long the game will be fun if your just sailing around killing noobs....

What's the story to this game? Big pirate boss at the end? Or is just PvP with a few quests here and there... prob end up getting it... but just wondering how long the game will be fun if your just sailing around killing noobs....

Have played the last 2 played beta's and they were pretty much sailing around, digging up chests, the odd sea battle

Downloaded the update last night so will be interesting to check out some new stuff, like the skull forts

Played it with some mates last week and it was pretty fun and have a got a session lined up with them for tonight, I do wonder if it has long term playability
though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main gist of the game is to level up your reputation with the three quest giving factions to become a pirate legend which than opens up a new area, items, ship customisation and a new set of legendary quests.

Plus there’s the ability to ignore this and just do whatever you feel like doing at the time as it’s an open world sandbox game.

Longevity is the big question mark but like always some will love it and some won’t.

Played a bit by myself and with my brother and had fun again but more so when playing with others which will be the optimal way to play but solo is still good.

Thought the delivery quests might be a bit tedious but it's actually fun going and looking for the animals although having to fill a crate with 50 bananas before delivering it can get stuffed.

Only had a bit of a go at a skeleton fort raid by myself and as expected it was pretty hard. Mostly because you have to keep going back and forth to replenish ammo and you run out of bananas pretty quickly.
Will need a group for this as intended but even than I've been reading that they can still be pretty hard or time consuming. Added frustration when someone comes and sinks your ship while you're off fighting the skeletons.

The crew I was in earlier took on a skeleton fort, there was another crew there already so we combined forces and took those skeletons out and the boss obviously

Crazy thing was after we defeated them, it opened a door but there was no chest in there, nothing nada which was a bit of a letdown

The crew I was in earlier took on a skeleton fort, there was another crew there already so we combined forces and took those skeletons out and the boss obviously

Crazy thing was after we defeated them, it opened a door but there was no chest in there, nothing nada which was a bit of a letdown
The no loot has been happening to a lot of people, it's supposedly a bug, I hope it is anyway.

I downloaded the beta to see what the fuss is about. Looks so good and I had no idea what I was doing. First time I loaded into a galleon with randoms. Everyone was running around aimlessly and about 10 minutes later I learned to raise the anchor and unfurl the sails. We set off and I took the wheel, then somehow someone on my crew turned a cannon on me and I got blown overboard.

After I had enough of those shenanigans I went solo in a sloop. I got the hang of sailing, finding little islands and fixing my ship (after running into rocks lots lol). But what am I actually meant to do? I have a shovel and I guess I’m meant to dig up treasure with it, I assume there is more of a point than collecting bananas.

Also noticed it was play anywhere and Microsoft cross play and with the games pass thing there are some reasons for me to invest in an Xbox.

I downloaded the beta to see what the fuss is about. Looks so good and I had no idea what I was doing. First time I loaded into a galleon with randoms. Everyone was running around aimlessly and about 10 minutes later I learned to raise the anchor and unfurl the sails. We set off and I took the wheel, then somehow someone on my crew turned a cannon on me and I got blown overboard.

After I had enough of those shenanigans I went solo in a sloop. I got the hang of sailing, finding little islands and fixing my ship (after running into rocks lots lol). But what am I actually meant to do? I have a shovel and I guess I’m meant to dig up treasure with it, I assume there is more of a point than collecting bananas.

Also noticed it was play anywhere and Microsoft cross play and with the games pass thing there are some reasons for me to invest in an Xbox.
At the main outposts there are two merchants who will give voyages.

The gold merchant will be in a tent and gives treasure maps to dig up chests.
The other will be on the pier and gives transport quests.

Teamed up with 4 canadians, after chasing us around the map for ages on their Galleon they wanted to join myself and my mate on our sloop, so 6 man crew on the sloop, had a ball just fanny arseing about, took on another skeleton fort but once again, no loot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back