XBX1 Sea Of Thieves

Remove this Banner Ad

Down for some sailing and hunting from Friday. Only problem with playing with randos is that so many of them are just playing aimlessly. No direction, no communication or anything. Probably didn’t help that I don’t think my mic has been working - had all the windows permissions set but had to change some stuff in Xbox app but I think it’s working now.

Definitely worth teaming up with 4 and raiding forts even with starter gear. You can easily net 10k gold at a time which is far better than soloing simple treasure hunts for a few hundred.

Did my first voyage last night. That was fun. Hardest part of the game is stopping the damn ship. I just crash it into the island/dock/whatever to make it stop, drop anchor and then go repair the damage. Definitely needs two or more people.

Fun really picks up when there are other ships though. Managed to sneak on a ship and stole some glowy skull. Had no idea where to put it so hid in a shop corner and googled it but was killed by the rightful owners. During all this another stole my ship :(

Still haven't quite worked out wtf I'm doing but still had fun last night.

Cept for the 13 year old in our crew that kept begging to be locked in the brig, shot out of a cannon and constantly asking how old we were.

Did my first voyage last night. That was fun. Hardest part of the game is stopping the damn ship. I just crash it into the island/dock/whatever to make it stop, drop anchor and then go repair the damage. Definitely needs two or more people.

Fun really picks up when there are other ships though. Managed to sneak on a ship and stole some glowy skull. Had no idea where to put it so hid in a shop corner and googled it but was killed by the rightful owners. During all this another stole my ship :(

For stopping, once you get the hang of it you can just raise your sail to about half as you get close to your destination. That way when you drop the anchor you won’t jolt so far forward.

I’m getting pretty efficient at cruising around finding treasure and stuff on my own but it’s still tedious constantly checking my map the running up to correct my bearing on the wheel. That’s where at least two would be handy. Four people is still the best though because raiding forts is where it’s at.

While I’m still learning stuff I’m coming to realise that this is more of a ‘hang out’ game that you just spend doing shenanigans with your friends. Playing it purely for progression, or more routine, will get old fast.

While I’m still learning stuff I’m coming to realise that this is more of a ‘hang out’ game that you just spend doing shenanigans with your friends. Playing it purely for progression, or more routine, will get old fast.
That's pretty much they type of gaming I do these days.

I love a Friday or Saturday night, on Discord with a few mates, having a few drinks and playing something casual. SoT will be perfect for that, especially if the drink is some Kraken rum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had good fun last night with some randoms on a galley, lost track of time and it was then 330am :(

I’ve done a lot of solo but that was much more fun. Went through about 5 groups to till I landed in that group where everyone was chatting and having a laugh

Highlight was basically ransoming someone’s sloop we sailed off on for the chest he dug up.

Played for 20 minutes or so just then, internet is shocking atm so I was lagging everywhere, random crew I joined had no mics, and I had no idea what I was doing, just ran around on an island.

To get max fun from this I feel you need a good crew to have lots of fun.

just had a decent session with a good random group, took out a skeleton fort pretty nerve wracking getting all that loot on board before some other boat turns up, then a mad dash to an outpost, made heaps of coin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back