XBX1 Sea Of Thieves

RARE are back with this Xbox/PC exclusive Pirate game!

Announced at last years E3 I was hooked straight away, a lot more info has come out now and I can't wait for this game! No release date but is apparently scheduled for 2016.

E3 2015 reveal trailer:

E3 2016 vids:

A nice chat with IGN about the game too, some cool info.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2016/06/15/sea-of-thieves-gameplay-demo-ign-lives-e3-2016

At least you got that, all I ever get from them is invitations to participate in surveys :mad:
Yeah its a shame so little people are getting in, even a further shame that they are so short. I think I'll wake up though, this is the last remaining hope I have for the console after Scalebound was cancelled, and its in my bedroom so atleast I won't have to get out of bed.

So I woke up and spent half an hour trying to log in. Finally got in, heard people talking but couldn't see them anywhere so I assumed they were on the island. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to reverse the ship, then drove away onto a different island. Got off my ship and got killed by skeletons. It was at that point I realised how ******* tired I was so I went back to bed.

Game has potential, it seems communication via mic is key, for example, I couldn't see s**t whilst steering the ship as I had giant ass sails in my way, will need someone to tell you where to go. I had fun during my brief time with the game though.

If anyone else is in the Technical Alpha group, there's a session on Saturday 17th 12PM - 3PM AEST.
Finally a decent hour. I will be there.

Been watching some streamers on twitch play this.

Really looking forward to it now, looks fun. Wish I pre-ordered so I could get access to the beta. Oh well, March will be here soon.

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
Been watching some streamers on twitch play this.

Really looking forward to it now, looks fun. Wish I pre-ordered so I could get access to the beta. Oh well, March will be here soon.

You can Preorder it now and just cancel the order before it releases. Windows store doesn't charge you until release.

Essentially you get to play the beta for free.

Game is very pretty to look at, probably the best water textures/physics I've seen in any game. Really like the art style behind it as well. Content is really lacking though and I can't see myself paying $100 on release. Might be better in a year or so if they release more content and the price drops.

Had a real blast playing for a few hours but after that there didn't seem much to do. The PvP is extremely tense but I feel like it lacks very little consequence which takes the sting out of it. Cannon shots to the hull are easily repaired and it becomes a matter of attrition (who has more cannonballs vs who has more wood to repair) and the bilge bucket removes water way too easily making sinking unfeasible in most situations. Seems like boarding is the way to go but even then the crew respawning on the ship makes it very hard.

Game needs a lot of work. Is really nice to look but lacks depth.

You can Preorder it now and just cancel the order before it releases. Windows store doesn't charge you until release.

Essentially you get to play the beta for free.

Game is very pretty to look at, probably the best water textures/physics I've seen in any game. Really like the art style behind it as well. Content is really lacking though and I can't see myself paying $100 on release. Might be better in a year or so if they release more content and the price drops.

Had a real blast playing for a few hours but after that there didn't seem much to do. The PvP is extremely tense but I feel like it lacks very little consequence which takes the sting out of it. Cannon shots to the hull are easily repaired and it becomes a matter of attrition (who has more cannonballs vs who has more wood to repair) and the bilge bucket removes water way too easily making sinking unfeasible in most situations. Seems like boarding is the way to go but even then the crew respawning on the ship makes it very hard.

Game needs a lot of work. Is really nice to look but lacks depth.

Thanks for the info. I might just do that!

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I paid $6 for the beta key on the weekend and played with a few Xbox friends. It was really fun but I am still sceptical on it's longevity and I think the sword and gunplay needs an overhaul. This game has a lot of potential and I really really hope they don't mess it up.

The live preview program has opened up to the beta.

Having fun with it, I was just playing with a mate. I'd had too much grog and was too drunk to vote on the next voyage, every time I got close to the voyage table I'd throw up and fall back,

Back