Recommitted Sean Darcy [signed til 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

9 games isn’t long enough to prove anything. Like I said, this is a play to win a flag, that will be the measure of success or failure.

If we win one, Jackson can be our 22nd best player for all I care, or any supporter will care.

If we don’t win a flag, sure you can argue wrong move.

Anyway, it’s all hypothetical today, let’s see how it plays out. At least the club are going after who and what they believe can win one.

I think the move can still be a success even if Fremantle don’t win a premiership. And I’m sure you won’t care if the contract is a flop and you do win a premiership. I would consider Buddy’s deal a success for Sydney.

Time will tell indeed.

Last edited:
Love seeing all of the so called journalists eat their crow about this whole situation.

Easiest way to tell someone doesn't know anything about football is if they say "Darcy and Jackson don't work well in the same team."
So true, seeing Swaggy and Dogga work so well together was the silver lining of a disappointing season. That and Young in the midfield.

Love seeing all of the so called journalists eat their crow about this whole situation.

Easiest way to tell someone doesn't know anything about football is if they say "Darcy and Jackson don't work well in the same team."

Work well.

Or justify the investment?

Some clubs spend big in other areas and don't commit so much cap space to the ruck division.

Do you spend millions on your rucks or on mids and KP forwards or defenders?

Freo to an extent have been fortunate to have two quality rucks commit to them. And as another poster mentioned with players opting out how can Freo not sign quality players who want to stay?

The fact they are both #1 rucks isn't the perfect result from a list management perspective however it can still work.

Time will tell.

Lucky Jackson isn't a #1 ruck then

He is a utility, wasted as a full time ruckman

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Work well.

Or justify the investment?

Some clubs spend big in other areas and don't commit so much cap space to the ruck division.

Do you spend millions on your rucks or on mids and KP forwards or defenders?

Freo to an extent have been fortunate to have two quality rucks commit to them. And as another poster mentioned with players opting out how can Freo not sign quality players who want to stay?

The fact they are both #1 rucks isn't the perfect result from a list management perspective however it can still work.

Time will tell.
Labelling them ruckman doesn’t do them justice.
Darcy won a bnf at 23
Jackson has won a rising star a flag as a number 2 and been in the AA squad all before he turned 22

Where did this idea that Luke Jackson is a #1 ruckman come from? He's never been one.

Only time he was ever the #1 ruckman was when Darcy was hurt.

They just switch to fit the s**t can narrative.
I’m sure they ran with the number 2 ruck gimmick with Jackson when we signed him to a big contract
Exactly, the only people who were saying Jackson was a #1 ruckman were a few hacks in the media and people took that as some sort of solid gold fact.

Jackson was always brought in with the intention of being a guy that could play multiple positions, Darcy is strictly a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pav could kick straight when kicking for goal though. ;)
I'm late but I'll bite on this one since you've said it a couple of times. I would have Jackson on memory as an excellent shot on goal, particularly from set shot though 22.19 isnt bad but not as good as I thought. I'd wager a lot of those 19 behinds are from general play which all counts I suppose. Hardly think he's a note worthy bad shot on goal though

Pav could kick straight when kicking for goal though. ;)
Easy known you didn’t watch too many freo games this year if this is what you are coming up with.
One of my biggest surprises this year was how accurate a set shot goal kicker Luke Jackson is.
After Walters and amiss he’s my next choice to kick a 40 yard set shot if I had to pick one from the Fremantle list.
For example - he’s miles ahead of players like Aaron Naughton in goal kicking accuracy.

I reckon they should package Darcy for a gun forward and let Luke Jackson thrive as a full time ruckman

Good point. But still think Luke Jackson would be a gun as a full time ruck.
He’s too small to be a full time ruck.
Even this morning a young kid max Knobel in our match sim at freo apparently won every tap over him. Granted max is a big boy about 206cm but he’s a beanpole second year ruck that won’t play game this year.

Jackson value is around the ground. He’s a freak of nature to be honest and the most exciting player on our list. Far too exciting to be tied up in full time ruck duties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back