Recommitted Sean Darcy [signed til 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a lot of money to tie up in ruckmen.

Luckily though long term deals for ruckman are usually a massive success for all concerned.

It’s all good m8, when big darce comes towards the end of his contract and he’s fully cooked the club will continue to give him multiple year extensions and then when he doesn’t play a slngle game again freo can justify it by declaring all the revenue he brings in just from marketing is more than worth it!!

Good news. He is the new age Steven King. Put too many miles on the clock as a young ruck and is starting to pay for it now with the body starting to fall apart.

Good luck to Darcy and Freo. It will be interesting to see how it will work out long-term regarding roles with Jackson and possibly next year with Logan McDonald.

He's such a talent. IMO, he could turn out to be the best ruck in AFL but every time I watch him, I wonder why he can't get in top shape. It can't be just genetic makeup. A lot of injuries too. It's a risk.

So, what is rumoured salary?

Last edited:
Never in doubt

Dno why this new thread was created, maybe because the old thread every said he was gonna sign soon?

Its the kiss of life from the OP.

Every thread Nostradamus creates about a player potentially leaving, the player in question ends up staying/signing a new contract :)

Its the kiss of life from the OP.

Every thread Nostradamus creates about a player potentially leaving, the player in question ends up staying/signing a new contract :)
nope not every

i definitely keep discussion alive and going on this board though with all these out of contract threads

several more to come unless someone beats me to them

So, is he still going to Geelong?

At present, Cornes, Suma, Goosage, Crumpets etc, ....... are having massive chunders.

Yes, it is a long term contract, but you can never make every punter happy.

Sign him long-term, "why sign him so long, will stretch salary cap, injury prone etc ".

Sign him for 3 years, "uncertainty with Darcys future, doesn't sign long-term, unrest in Dockers player ranks, another player looking elsewhere etc ".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F yeah
[PLAYERCARD]Sean Darcy[/PLAYERCARD] GIF by Fremantle Dockers

Love seeing all of the so called journalists eat their crow about this whole situation.

Easiest way to tell someone doesn't know anything about football is if they say "Darcy and Jackson don't work well in the same team."

Love seeing all of the so called journalists eat their crow about this whole situation.

Easiest way to tell someone doesn't know anything about football is if they say "Darcy and Jackson don't work well in the same team."

They might work well together. So do Mason Cox and Darcy Cameron.

Blowing all that cap space on two rucks is stupid list management.

How many times does it have to be said... Jackson. Is. A. Part. Time. Ruck.

Jackson is a 🦄. He can (and will) be played in the forward line and midfield, as he did last season when Darcy was up and running. The club has publicly stated this on multiple occasions.

The only situation where he'll be a full time ruck is if Darcy gets injured and we don't roll one of the back up rucks out to maintain team structure.

Anyone who believes the drivel coming from the mouths of 'journos' like Cornes and Gossage are clowns. I look forward to watching Darcy tap to Jackson who's going to tear it up as a 200cm goal kicking midfielder for many years to come.

How many times does it have to be said... Jackson. Is. A. Part. Time. Ruck.

Jackson is a 🦄. He can (and will) be played in the forward line and midfield, as he did last season when Darcy was up and running. The club has publicly stated this on multiple occasions.

The only situation where he'll be a full time ruck is if Darcy gets injured and we don't roll one of the back up rucks out to maintain team structure.

Anyone who believes the drivel coming from the mouths of 'journos' like Cornes and Gossage are clowns. I look forward to watching Darcy tap to Jackson who's going to tear it up as a 200cm goal kicking midfielder for many years to come.

Jackson is wasted as a part time ruck. Could be the best ruck in the game as early as 2025 (or whenever Gawn slows) if played there full time.

He has 8 20+ disposal games in his 75 game career. He has kicked 3+ goals 3 times. It is delusional to think Jackson is this 200cm mid/fwd unicorn hybrid that the game has never seen before, and it is stupid to hand out 7 year deals to players like Sean Darcy based on this fantasy. Jackson’s skills around the ground/contest are elite for a ruckman (which is what separates him as a talent) but he is nowhere near the games best mids or KPF.

Tipping this contract looks terrible in a few years time. But I hope I am wrong as Freo are my second team.

It's a longer term deal which money is spread out more evenly.

Freo now is preparing a multi million multi year raid on The Swans for Logan McDonald.

They'll be fine.

It could be, except most of our young guns are on long term deals already.

In a league of stacked midfields, two gun rucks might be a key point of difference. 2 Sean Darcy’s wouldn’t work, but they are so different it gives good flexibility.

Let’s see if this group snags a flag, and what role Darcy and Jackson play in that.

I honestly couldn’t split Darcy and Jackson if we could only keep one, Darcy doesn’t get the recognition he deserves in some quarters, but this deal will put a spotlight on him, and he will carry it with aplomb.

Darcy has had some epic games for the club already, and now coming into his prime.

In a league of stacked midfields, two gun rucks might be a key point of difference. 2 Sean Darcy’s wouldn’t work, but they are so different it gives good flexibility.

Let’s see if this group snags a flag, and what role Darcy and Jackson play in that.

I honestly couldn’t split Darcy and Jackson if we could only keep one, Darcy doesn’t get the recognition he deserves in some quarters, but this deal will put a spotlight on him, and he will carry it with aplomb.

Darcy has had some epic games for the club already, and now coming into his prime.
Agree Darcy is not your standard ruckman his elite and can win games.
Bnf @ 23 for a ruckman is top shelf

Both are elite players. It would be silly to suggest otherwise. But it’s pretty obvious Jackson plays his best footy when Darcy isn’t in the side, and Darcy isn’t going to have an impact anywhere other than the ruck.

35 of his 58 coaches votes in the 9 games Darcy didn’t play or got injured in.

Jackson would need to become an elite forward or this one in a million “unicorn” midfielder to make this contract make sense. Good luck.

Both are elite players. It would be silly to suggest otherwise. But it’s pretty obvious Jackson plays his best footy when Darcy isn’t in the side, and Darcy isn’t going to have an impact anywhere other than the ruck.

35 of his 58 coaches votes in the 9 games Darcy didn’t play or got injured in.

Jackson would need to become an elite forward or this one in a million “unicorn” midfielder to make this contract make sense. Good luck.

9 games isn’t long enough to prove anything. Like I said, this is a play to win a flag, that will be the measure of success or failure.

If we win one, Jackson can be our 22nd best player for all I care, or any supporter will care.

If we don’t win a flag, sure you can argue wrong move.

Anyway, it’s all hypothetical today, let’s see how it plays out. At least the club are going after who and what they believe can win one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back