Rumour Sean Darcy to the Cats.

kimbo83

Debutant
Oct 10, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just read the entire thread, not one person has suggested a straight swap.
Darcy has nowhere near the value of Kelly, even with both of their contract situations considered. Any talk of a straight swap in this thread is surely in jest and absolutely no knock on SD btw....

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do Freo fans actually rate Sean Darcy?

I’ve kept an eye on him all season since he’s been linked to us since the failed Kelly trade last year, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s worth chasing.
Errr yes, multiple Dockers fans have been in here plainly stating he's good and also putting forth some strong trade hypotheticals.

Guy has a maturity and cool to him. Isn't intimidated by more experienced players and can go well against them even though he's nothing but baby fat and others have had 10 pre-seasons. Gets better every few months and has recently been bobbing up to kick a goal a game. When Lobb's back out there and pinch hitting for half-a-dozen centre bounces a game/taking the taps in the forward 50, he'll be a really valuable floating forward.

Genuinely wouldn't give him up for Tim Kelly. Not even in a straight swap.

Giving up pick 6 and Darcy for Kelly is lunacy. Kelly didn't want to come here before, so we shouldn't bend over backwards for a bloke who won't be honest to Geelong, West Coast, or Fremantle. He's a me-first player. And that's alright, but be clear to the Cats and be adamant that you want to be a Docker if you're so intent on maximising your income for your shorter-than-usual, much-more-talented-than-usual career.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
I just read the entire thread, not one person has suggested a straight swap.
It's a good thing no one has suggested it would be a straight swap then.

May have misread the intentions of the posters, but these sound like exactly that, 'suggestions' of a straight swap...

With that scenario, Freo could lose Darcy to gain Kelly.
Sean Darcy for Tim Kelly sounds amazing in isolation but it’s not isolated.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
May have misread the intentions of the posters, but these sound like exactly that, 'suggestions' of a straight swap...

I never said straight swap, I was discussing the use of Darcy in a trade for Kelly. Obviously if that occurred there would be picks to balance up the trade.

I can’t see Darcy being used, as mentioned earlier, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I'm pretty sure I first started this 'rumour' on our board but it wasn't based on anything other than a could happen? Some journo mentioned it fairly shortly afterwards in a everyone's leaving Freo story. Not sure if there's any other basis for it. :shrug:

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
TBC couldnt keepup with Grundy on the friday night, he was to slow. either EFC need to go after Sean Darcy as im sure they could trade there next years 1st rounder for Darcy or go for someone like Darcy Cameron as the way i look at itr, TBC is only good for a backup Tall Forward now, or would you entertain the idea of trading TBC to the saints

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
TBC couldnt keepup with Grundy on the friday night, he was to slow. either EFC need to go after Sean Darcy as im sure they could trade there next years 1st rounder for Darcy or go for someone like Darcy Cameron as the way i look at itr, TBC is only good for a backup Tall Forward now, or would you entertain the idea of trading TBC to the saints
He's getting better but he's a bit chubby. Not being able to run for a fair part of the season didn't help.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He's getting better but he's a bit chubby. Not being able to run for a fair part of the season didn't help.
i still think EFC should get in a replacement for Bellchambers an if Darcy still wants out of Freo as reported that he does if i were Essendon i would look at either 2 options, Darcy or Cameron

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Haha reading your posts it's pretty clear you don't watch much of Essendon.. Bellchambers was in his first game back from a calf injury Friday night, he'd get flogged by Grundy anyway but lower leg injuries are no good for big fellas. He's certainly not a "liability in the ruck". He is also a terrible option as a backup tall forward.

He's a competitive ruckman and that's the only role he can play. He's 30 so probably on the way down now but he's still an ok option and does his job, always competitive - he is our first ruck and will be come round 1 next year. We have Draper who's being groomed to take over from Bellchambers and we've just re-signed Draper for 4 more years, bringing in Darcy would completely go against that. There is no way we'll trade TBC to the saints, we don't have enough rucks as it is - we either need to bring in someone who is an immediate, clear upgrade on Bellchambers or a mature ruck who's comfortable with being a depth player to replace Z Clarke in the depth chart while Draper continues to develop.. Darcy is not a clear upgrade on Bellchambers right now and he's not going to be happy to come over as depth until we're ready to play Draper. He'll be a good ruckman, could well end up being a much better player than both TBC & Draper but he just doesn't fit in with how our list is structured at the moment.

Jul 20, 2018
i still think EFC should get in a replacement for Bellchambers an if Darcy still wants out of Freo as reported that he does if i were Essendon i would look at either 2 options, Darcy or Cameron

“As reported”

- on big footy in the rumours board

End of 2022 he’s contracted to. Top 10 pick thanks if you want him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
sincerely hope this isn't true, phenomenal for his age and improves every week. One of the most important players on our list, and a heck of alot more important to freo than Kelly for sure!

This.

People will say that Kelly is objectively the better player, and that's true, but in terms of list and team balance now and going forward, Darcy holds much more value for them.

Simply keeping Darcy would be better for Freo, than moving Darcy to get Kelly.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Happy if this rumor is true.
I mentioned this a couple of months ago that Darcy in a Kelly (absolute certainty to leave from good source) trade would be a good get for us.
Darcy needs to build up his engine but he's a physical ruck and one that would really suit Geelong's needs.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
I always rated Zac Smith. Must sting to be behind Rhys Stanley.
You need to give quality to get quality, but it would be a big ask to have Rory Lobb ruck almost unaided, Meek is not ready.
Losing Sandi and Darcy would be hard to cover.

You can have Smith if you want.

Smith for Darcy, done deal.

Back