Recommitted Sean Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a bad move the re-sign Sandi who is on his last legs. Young Sean has to cool his heels some more as the second-fiddle.

Anyway I dont think it will happen. Reckon Sean will be happy to stay if they upped his pay a little. They cannot afford to lose him as he is one the few bright things to have happened at Freo over the past couple of seasons.

Imagine if Freo lost Neale, Cerra and Darcy over the off season?!! That would be apocalyptic.:eek:

The re-signing of Sandi is probably the catalyst for Darcy wanting to leave, he’s been chafing at the bit to be the No.1 ruckman and they kick him in the teeth by re-signing an injury prone 36yo.

Why wouldn’t he want out???

The re-signing of Sandi is probably the catalyst for Darcy wanting to leave, he’s been chafing at the bit to be the No.1 ruckman and they kick him in the teeth by re-signing an injury prone 36yo.

Come on man. This isn’t the Bay.

How many games do you think Sandi will play next year?

Darcy is still doing his apprenticeship under Sandi’s tutoring. The number 1 ruck role is his for the offering, Sandi will play limited games next season.

In 2019, Darcy will get at least 50% of the 1st ruck role. In 2020, he will fully take over.

Remember ruckman take a while to hit their straps, Darcy is only 19 and he loves Mrs Sandi’s cooking.

Yes why doesn't Freo just throw an inexperienced ruckman in as their sole ruck??????

Chafing at the bit?

If journalists are to be believed Freo are going to let go their 20 year old ruckman, 19 year old pick 5 (who just re-signed) and 25 year old likely B&F winner (and previous winner) all while in the middle of a supposed rebuild.

Doesn't pass the laughter test for me.

Yeah, the smart move would be to throw a 20yo ruckman headfirst into a team that doesnt have huge expectations and will more than likely have a losing record next year!

Just STFU before you think next time!

Disclaimer, said Journo is Kim Hackdorn. Him being a s**t peddler is one of the few things WC and Freo fans unanimously agree on

Crumpet Face really is an idiot if he cant see the flaws in that suggestion.
Darcy is not only one of the young up and coming shining lights at Fremantle but also of the whole competition.

Yes its the one thing that both sets of supporters agree on ...... the guy is a total plonker.

The most crucial player to Freo's future alongside Langdon, Ryan, Hamling and Brayshaw, I reckon.
Although I think Darcy has some potential, as somebody previously said he needs to lose the puppy fat and he is not quick. I would swap him in a heart beat for Kelly and then go all out to get Rory Lobb from GWS (who have salary cap problems) with next years 2nd round pick (which will likely be in low 20’s) or failing that target Tim English.

Although I think Darcy has some potential, as somebody previously said he needs to lose the puppy fat and he is not quick. I would swap him in a heart beat for Kelly and then go all out to get Rory Lobb from GWS (who have salary cap problems) with next years 2nd round pick (which will likely be in low 20’s) or failing that target Tim English.

Lobbe wants to be a forward apparently. Trading Darcy in the hopes of getting English is too much of a risk IMO. Kelly would be a great addition but I don't think the midfield is in that dire of a situation to sacrifice potentially one of the best rucks of the next decade.

Lobbe wants to be a forward apparently. Trading Darcy in the hopes of getting English is too much of a risk IMO. Kelly would be a great addition but I don't think the midfield is in that dire of a situation to sacrifice potentially one of the best rucks of the next decade.
English won't leave Dogs for a cheap price, and Darcy is worth substantially more than Tim Kelly. Freo would be straight *ed to trade Darcy off in the hopes of getting Kelly now and replacing with English later. No way the club would do something like that, they've really hit the jackpot with Darcy so they should be holding onto him as long as they can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, not good news for Freo fans if true.

Definitley an big upgrade on Stanley for Geelong..
Suppose the positive spin in a freo sense is that Sumich is a bitter man with a hatred for freo. He wouldn't be ITK when it comes to that stuff. He's just throwing darts and hoping that one sticks.

Suppose the positive spin in a freo sense is that Sumich is a bitter man with a hatred for freo. He wouldn't be ITK when it comes to that stuff. He's just throwing darts and hoping that one sticks.

So another Brad Hardie then ?

Geelong would have to be sniffing around.

Hard to assess his value.

Darcy is contracted. Geelong don't have a first-rounder but could they get him with a pick in the 20s?

Really depends on how the next few months pan-out.

On exposed form probably, but based on expectations i would hope his value rises.

Jeez, not good news for Freo fans if true.

Definitley an big upgrade on Stanley for Geelong..
On the Duff & Quarters pod today it was pretty funny. Mark Duffield (WA journo) said that he heard that Darcy was lying on a physio table getting treatment the other day at the club when someone told him about this article and statement by Sumich about him requesting a trade. Apparently he totally lost it and had to be calmed down by the club staff, he was that incensed at the crap that Sumich was talking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back