Tertiary and Continuing Searching for FULL TEXT Journal Articles could be the end of me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Check the full text box in the search ;)

Seriously I despise looking for journal articles, you have to trawl through so much rubbish for so little reward.

The good thing about Finance is that you can get away with texts for theory and using Factiva (news articles) for up to date stuff.

Check the full text box in the search ;)

Seriously I despise looking for journal articles, you have to trawl through so much rubbish for so little reward.

The good thing about Finance is that you can get away with texts for theory and using Factiva (news articles) for up to date stuff.

I always start with the full text option but then i go through the references of the articles that they have used and that's where I get in trouble!

Shellz, your university library should have an electronic resources page which catalogues full text articles...it shouldn't be that hard.

What uni are you at?

Shellz, your university library should have an electronic resources page which catalogues full text articles...it shouldn't be that hard.

What uni are you at?

I was thinking this, exactly. Surely.

Although Melbourne Uni's SuperSearch leaves a LOT to be desired. Luckily for me, medicine/health/biology people get the wonderful PubMed to search for everything, and then just log in through the uni.

I was thinking this, exactly. Surely.

Although Melbourne Uni's SuperSearch leaves a LOT to be desired. Luckily for me, medicine/health/biology people get the wonderful PubMed to search for everything, and then just log in through the uni.

I've always found SuperSearch really good, but I've used it primarily for humanities stuff.

I've always found SuperSearch really good, but I've used it primarily for humanities stuff.

SuperSearch doesn't like to bring up relevant science stuff, god knows why. I don't find it an intuitive interface, either. That and it bloody resets every 15 minutes or whatever it is!

Posting in Web of Science and Google Scholar appreciation thread.

I heart Web of Science.

SuperSearch is great if your looking to find something thats related to what you want in the loosest, tiniest possible way.
My experience in science anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had about a dozen journal articles up on various tabs, then the laptop decided to s**t itself.

Turned it off from the switch, turned it back on, opened up Firefox expecting the restore previous session option.

Nothing.

Gah. I normally bookmark everything too.

I love JSTOR.

As do I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back