Official Match Thread Season 16 Round 10: West Coast Wonder vs Geelong Gumbies @ The Colosseum (MOTR)

i'm sure a couple of our Gumbies' enforcers will ensure croweater 41 and Shallow get carried off in their milestone games :)

tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr.gif

Gumbies and Enforcing don't really go together.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Good to see Mr Gor is in fine posting form.
Sure they do. Gumbies are all about enforcing things

For example, on game day we'll make sure this sign is set up at the race to the Wonders' change rooms:

Gumby+Policeman.jpg

However I'm suspicious of Gumby is this circumstance.

Police rarely smile, nor do they act as lollipop ladies. I call shenanigans of the kidnapping sort. What kind of crossing warden would carry a piece? It's perfect actually, have a car pull up at a children crossing and control the abduction with your fancy sign.

But I disapprove of the Geelongs Gumbies latest recruitment strategy and will be formally submitting a please explain via
The proper channels.

Good to see multiple posts from peterss

Really.

Where's the wonder....ful Marklar_33 hiding?

Anyway, this shapes as a big game, it's good to see the Gumbies steadily improving, but that stops here, for a week anyway, we are a superior team all over the ground and I'm expecting a win here.

Tagging him won't do all that much to get his arse over here I can assure you of that.

I just want croweater 41 to have lots of notifications.

Anyway, I feel like being confused, StFly post something for me :)

Mr Gor

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Emanuel Augustus

Fun fact: the thumbs down motion was meant to signify the sheathing of the sword, saving the loser's life (ie. opposite of how 'Gladiator' interpreted it)

That said, cheers for saving my life brah :thumbsu:

....wait

don't :thumbsu: me back....

Mr Gor

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Emanuel Augustus
Good to see Mr Gor is in fine posting form.

However I'm suspicious of Gumby is this circumstance.

Police rarely smile, nor do they act as lollipop ladies. I call shenanigans of the kidnapping sort. What kind of crossing warden would carry a piece? It's perfect actually, have a car pull up at a children crossing and control the abduction with your fancy sign.

But I disapprove of the Geelongs Gumbies latest recruitment strategy and will be formally submitting a please explain via
The proper channels.

Venturing into hostile territory means we're always packing heat. Not only for protection, but also to ensure our clay form stays solid.

As for the kidnapping thing.... well... we like to call it our "youth policy". We're always on the brunt of attacks about inactivity. You got any better ideas??

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Fun fact: the thumbs down motion was meant to signify the sheathing of the sword, saving the loser's life (ie. opposite of how 'Gladiator' interpreted it)

....wait

Really? I call bulldust on that, Where's Wally taught me differently (Wally in time?).

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!

....wait

Debatable, there's just as much evidence to suggest it didn't matter wether thumbs up or down meant death

the Symbol of the thumb meant death. Which Kent to spare someone's life there must have been another symbol.

Still others claim it went as a signal of how to kill the defeated gladiator.

Thumbs down meant he fought well was given a soldiers death (a single stab from above the shoulder down into the chest puncturing the heart and lungs)

Or if he was cowardly or was pitiful the thumbs up represented stabbing the bloke in the neck having him die slower spitting and choking on his own blood.

Simple fact is we aren't sure what it means. And yes I've books on it.

The thumbs down symbol your referring to comes from medieval times.

Looking forward to kicking a bag to celebrate Crowey and Shallow's milestone. .. I'll win it for you guys ok. .. I'll give you a wave too Sammy when I kick my 6th. ..

So you will give us the win plus percent by kicking a bag of six points. Well, other teams players hav'nt even able to get that many scoring shots. Nice job you would have done. :thumbsu:

Need confirmation but this should be my 100th game. Seeing the Wonders lost ClarkeM's 150th it'd be a shame to let croweater and shallow win theirs.

Gumbies with the win whether it's my 99th or 100th (as soon as we sort out our new strategy after Wise Guy Sam foiled our last plot that is.

Congratulations for this game or next week. However, two milestones beats one so we will win. :thumbsu:

This statement is accurate. I will, of course, feature in the winning team come Monday, of next week...

Boom!

Hi ShaunDuggan
Like baseball with the past 7 days I'm talking a weeks worth of time :p

nba-boomshakalaka.png

Back