Rules Season 18 - RULES

Remove this Banner Ad

It all seems fairly good to me.

Nothing about mum jokes and gay jokes being outlawed though.

Some people think that when rules are unwritten it means you can s**t all over the good faith that is given.
These are league rules.

Site rules are on the second post in the thread and covers the above.

I think a one point penalty is a big one, personally. Plus the embarrassment of every team talking about how incompetent you are for weeks to come.

These are league rules.

Site rules are on the second post in the thread and covers the above.

I think a one point penalty is a big one, personally. Plus the embarrassment of every team talking about how incompetent you are for weeks to come.

It doesn't give incentive to avoid further breaches.

"Oh we got a penalty, might as well have 2 weeks off".

The first rule of Season 18 is: you do not talk about Season 18.

You must instead refer to it as Operation Roasted Pheasant at all times.
Don't try and dress this up for something it isnt, its clearly a chook

It all seems fairly good to me.

Nothing about mum jokes and gay jokes being outlawed though.

Some people think that when rules are unwritten it means you can s**t all over the good faith that is given.
where do we draw the line on what can and can't be said. People are forgetting this is a fantasy board and posts are generally of fantasy nature. Some people are reacting to fantasy based posts and claiming they are personal attacks when they are simply fantasy orientated banter. Are we going to ban talking about being down because we might offend those that are depressed, am i not alllowed to talk about drinking lots because it offends someone who is an alcoholic. I see alot of people talk about weed which could be highly offensive to people. Posters on this board need to take a good look at the context in which people are saying things. My post which was deleted yesterday was taken completely out of context and was interpreted as a personal attack, which was so far away from what it really was it's not funny. If i had put that post in the "whats on your mind" thread then yes it probably was inappropriate. But in an SFA related thread I really cannot see an issue with what I posted. I think there are a few people allowing their personal problems take over the fantasy world and are becoming quite precious.

where do we draw the line on what can and can't be said. People are forgetting this is a fantasy board and posts are generally of fantasy nature. Some people are reacting to fantasy based posts and claiming they are personal attacks when they are simply fantasy orientated banter. Are we going to ban talking about being down because we might offend those that are depressed, am i not alllowed to talk about drinking lots because it offends someone who is an alcoholic. I see alot of people talk about weed which could be highly offensive to people. Posters on this board need to take a good look at the context in which people are saying things. My post which was deleted yesterday was taken completely out of context and was interpreted as a personal attack, which was so far away from what it really was it's not funny. If i had put that post in the "whats on your mind" thread then yes it probably was inappropriate. But in an SFA related thread I really cannot see an issue with what I posted. I think there are a few people allowing their personal problems take over the fantasy world and are becoming quite precious.
On the other side of the coin, there have been a few posts lately whether I question whether it's gone past fantasy persona and become personal, possibly unknowingly.

On the other side of the coin, there have been a few posts lately whether I question whether it's gone past fantasy persona and become personal, possibly unknowingly.
yeah it's pretty obvious that there are posters who simply don't get along

3. Team Submission - Teams need to be submitted by the Friday 11:59 PM Melbourne Time before a match (unless otherwise stated in the OP). Teams must contain 20 eligible players, be submitted by the deadline and state "Official Team Sheet" in the same post. Teams must note positional changes from the previous round, including where the player played last round and where they are playing this round. Failure to submit a team sheet in the correct format (20 eligible players, positional changes and "official team sheet" in same post) will result in a warning on the first two offences. Further failures will see a deduction of one premiership point. Failure to submit any team by the deadline will result in an immediate deduction of one premiership point. *

If a player becomes ineligible after the deadline they will be allowed to play the match they are named in and will be considered ineligible for any subsequent matches after that. Where it is reasonable that a club was unaware of a player receiving a ban on BF, a warning may be waived by the administrator.

*As usual, the team submitted by the most superior poster (in leadership terms) before the deadline will be the team used. This is in the event of multiple teams posted. Try to avoid this. Generally, it is the responsibility of the captain.

If I post this in lieu of actually typing "official team sheet" straight out would that be within the rules?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I post this in lieu of actually typing "official team sheet" straight out would that be within the rules?
Yes.

The purpose of "official team sheet" is that Logger can search for the phrase in the text in the thread, easily locating the two teams.

You can post the fancy image, just chuck "official team sheet" down the bottom again in text. Hell, even white text.

Yes.

The purpose of "official team sheet" is that Logger can search for the phrase in the text in the thread, easily locating the two teams.

You can post the fancy image, just chuck "official team sheet" down the bottom again in text. Hell, even white text.
Although that is one purpose of it, I always thought the other was so that Logger could identify which team list was the OFFICIAL one if more than one is posted. Thoughts?

Although that is one purpose of it, I always thought the other was so that Logger could identify which team list was the OFFICIAL one if more than one is posted. Thoughts?
If more than one is posted, the "official" one is the one posted by the captain. If a captain hasn't posted one, the VC. If not, a leadership group member etc etc etc.

Obviously if someone names a team it is with the possibility of it becoming "official."

The reason is as above.

Obviously you're right because the person who posted the team sheet sans 'official' knew that it would be overridden thus nullifying any reason for them to post it in the first place.

I know you didn't ask me but I can tell you that the point of posting "official team sheet" is so one can use the search function to find it.

I know you didn't ask me but I can tell you that the point of posting "official team sheet" is so one can use the search function to find it.
Thanks to Sandra Sully for the late news.

Thanks to Sandra Sully for the late news.

Marlowe said can I do this in leau.

You said:

Yes.

I'm confused.

Please be clear.

Thanks, Sandra.

Haha fair call Juggalo Balla no idea what the yes is doing in that post! Given the rest of my post completely contradicts it by explaining the point that you just explained again! :confused:

I'll let you off the hook.

If the admin role is too difficult I know just the poster that is willing to take over ;)

okeydoke7 , I'm not 100% on the rule, but I thought there was a rule stating that players could not appear in a lineup within 48hours of being signed. I remember this happening last season with Tigerland55 being signed on a Thursday and was not able to play in that Sundays game. Does this rule still apply

Remove this Banner Ad

Back