season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

who says its a man it could be a female
so true i suppose a female close to him could be the one asking the questions on the Hume thread about CDHBU and BB the 2 clubs that offered the most and that the decision was made from. But thats ok they are entitled too. But hey after all this is the Tallangatta thread and the talk should be about the Tallangatta League.

Enough of the tall Stories and get back to the tdfl. Not enough money in TDFL for them.The big storie Is the Bushrangers through to the G/F and spent little money.Well done to them all. Also another junior side in as well. Looks good for the future.

Enough of the tall Stories and get back to the tdfl. Not enough money in TDFL for them.The big storie Is the Bushrangers through to the G/F and spent little money.Well done to them all. Also another junior side in as well. Looks good for the future.

I think it's an outstanding achievment from Beechworth with little or no change to playing personell from this year to previous. It amazing what a decent coach can do for a club and it's confidence

Not much talk about the biggest game of the year.

I would like to say congratulations to the Wodonga Saints thirds for going through the season undefeated thus far. I am sure they will be fired up to win on Saturday and get a flag for the club. Phil has done a great job with the boys coming from having no team at all 2 years ago to playing off in a GF this year is a great effort. Hopefully all the overage kids will stay on at the club next year and help the club become successful.
Good Luck Saints!!!

Lets start talking it up. The weather looks like it will be on our side for the big day.So there should be a big crowd. Lets hope we get some more details on the results on the league web site.They were up to date all year but what went wrong last week. Not much help when you cant get to the match or get the bmm on monday. So here are my tips for the G/Fs
Beechworth 14 pts Brenton Surrey BOG
Kiewa 25pts
Wodonga Saints 18pts
Wahgunyah 6pts
Hope everyone has a top day.

Well good luck to my old Hoppers in both grades!!!!
Should be a great day looking at the weather forecast & i cant wait to travel up and watch & meet some old friends.
Of course my tips are the Hoppers, dont see how you could pick against them, have been the form team for nearly all year, have had the week off. Beechworth have had to play on the shifty wet ground & got beaten well 3 weeks ago by the hoppers. Scott Gigliotti for BOG & hoppers by 38 pts in the seniors & by 7pts in the ressies.

I've been quiet all year, so better say something now.

First of all, fantastic for the league to see 2 GF participants who have struggled on recent years. Incredible effort by Beechworth by improving so much with little change to personel. But on the flip-side, well done by Tallangatta, seeing they needed to improve and went out and got the players they wanted and good on those players delivering the club a GF berth.

Hope we have a great day for it Saturday, got the stubby holder all ready to go, and best of luck to both teams and hope we have a cracker of a game!!

My tip: Hoppers by 22pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

be great to see the Beechworth "Locals" beat the East Wodonga Hoppers. Good luck to all other sides especially the Doggies 4ths

You tool. Every club gets players in. Tallangatta have more than some teams, but that is how footy goes. Kids don't stick around their hometown much anymore as they go off to uni, work etc.

It's a good job by the Tallangatta FC, to get guys wanting to play footy in the country. Hopefully for the club, those guys stick around for a few years to win a few flags.

Good luck to the Hoppers.

You tool. Every club gets players in. Tallangatta have more than some teams, but that is how footy goes. Kids don't stick around their hometown much anymore as they go off to uni, work etc.

It's a good job by the Tallangatta FC, to get guys wanting to play footy in the country. Hopefully for the club, those guys stick around for a few years to win a few flags.

Good luck to the Hoppers.

Umm no beechworth doesn't really get players in. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but it can't be more than half of the tallangatta players are local. And also not good when there new recruits are spruiking in the pubs on saturdays nights about how much the club pays them. Tallangatta will probably win saturday as they probably have the best team. As for beechworth they seem to have a fairly solid base and if they don't win this year i'd say they're going to be at the top for a while. Kiewa next year will be an interesting one. Having more than likely been the best team for the past 3 years one flag is not good enough i'd tip them to drop off.

Well here it is, the last game of 2009 and it should be a cracker.

Best of luck 2 all the teams playing either Football or netball 2morrow, lets hope that injuries nor bad umpiring affect what should be a good game.

My Tip for the GF

Beechworth

Best on Gound - Michael Voigt

Herd a good one today at the GF, Danny Cohen to coach Barnawartha, and Bredan Way to Thurgoona, family connection...

Umm no beechworth doesn't really get players in. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but it can't be more than half of the tallangatta players are local. And also not good when there new recruits are spruiking in the pubs on saturdays nights about how much the club pays them. Tallangatta will probably win saturday as they probably have the best team. As for beechworth they seem to have a fairly solid base and if they don't win this year i'd say they're going to be at the top for a while. Kiewa next year will be an interesting one. Having more than likely been the best team for the past 3 years one flag is not good enough i'd tip them to drop off.
They have five locals. Wood Riddington Fraser O'Connell Gigliotti.

Good effort by the Wodonga Saints thirds to pull off the impossible and win the GF. They had to deal with a head count that went wrong and still managed to get over the line. Well done boys, party on and pls come back next year.

All teams have turkeys who mouth off how much they are getting, it doesn't represent the whole club, but you could just be talking total crap unless you know exact figures.

Beechworth has a population of 3,500-4,000 and Tallangatta has about 950.

To have 5 local kids in the senior side is pretty good these days in any country footy side, and I am pretty sure it will say Tallangatta won the premiership.

Well done to the mighty Hoppers!!!!!!
A great win in both grades, the 2's looked gone but great fightback to get over the line. The 1's were in control most of the day and credit to Beechworth for never giving up. But the hoppers won the contests far too often and had winners on every line. Was great crowd on a nice day & i had a big day on the cans watching & catching up with old friends & foes. The after party back at Tallangatta was bloody fantastic, a huge crowd, great family atmosphere, party theme and of course as happy as larry after their success.
Another season down & i look forward to constructive chat on here this off season, not that dribbling mess from early on this one.
WELL DONE TALLANGATTA BOYS......:D

Well done to the mighty Hoppers!!!!!!
A great win in both grades, the 2's looked gone but great fightback to get over the line. The 1's were in control most of the day and credit to Beechworth for never giving up. But the hoppers won the contests far too often and had winners on every line. Was great crowd on a nice day & i had a big day on the cans watching & catching up with old friends & foes. The after party back at Tallangatta was bloody fantastic, a huge crowd, great family atmosphere, party theme and of course as happy as larry after their success.
Another season down & i look forward to constructive chat on here this off season, not that dribbling mess from early on this one.
WELL DONE TALLANGATTA BOYS......:D

Does anyone have any news on the coaching front from any team. Apparently something happened at thurgoona as they were happy with two bob to continue on coaching next year but for some reason have changed their mind????????

Does anyone have any news on the coaching front from any team. Apparently something happened at thurgoona as they were happy with two bob to continue on coaching next year but for some reason have changed their mind????????

Good try to start a mischievous rumour Nice1, but he is definitely coaching and we are definitely happy about it.
Is there only 4 clubs looking for a coach ?
Wahgunyah, Kiewa, Barny, Dederang.

Two of the funniest things I saw in todays paper:

1. The Tallangatta boys celebrating their good win with pure blonde cans! Gotta celebrate the win but gotta watch the carbs! :thumbsu:
2. The young 10 year old water boy with a VB can in his hand! :D

You'll have half the Wodonga Saints 3rds signed with you in no time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back