season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

the thirds in this league have just gone way down if wodonga saints win it,
we will see how many off them become senior players in the o&m or even in a good senior club
if you have a look at last years beechworth and barny teams alot more talent

we will see how many off them become senior players in the o&m or even in a good talangatta club

Well after watching the Grand Final last Saturday I can finally say that money CAN buy you everything............ Even a premiership.

Well after watching the Grand Final last Saturday I can finally say that money CAN buy you everything............ Even a premiership.

Just as it did for Mitta for 4 years in a row and as it did for Kiewa last year.......You would be surprised at how little Tallangatta spent compared to those teams......Kiewa the big spenders for 1 flag out of 3 years finishing on top....not much of a return.

Two of the funniest things I saw in todays paper:

1. The Tallangatta boys celebrating their good win with pure blonde cans! Gotta celebrate the win but gotta watch the carbs! :thumbsu:
2. The young 10 year old water boy with a VB can in his hand! :D

You'll have half the Wodonga Saints 3rds signed with you in no time!

1. Pure Blonde was all Yack had left in the bar to celebrate with and wouldnt let us buy a slab, had to buy 4 at a time.
2. I think he is 12 or 13 years old and also how about the medal in his hand :D

To kickittome,
It's wasn't money that won the game , it was the talent ,the teamwork, the will of the players and the ability of the coach Darren Mathey to inspire that produced a great effort by the boys.
Congratulations to the Hoppers on their well earned Grand Final Victory .

Just as it did for Mitta for 4 years in a row and as it did for Kiewa last year.......You would be surprised at how little Tallangatta spent compared to those teams......Kiewa the big spenders for 1 flag out of 3 years finishing on top....not much of a return.
Can gaurantee you that Tallangatta spent a lot more the Mitta in their premiership years. Only had about seven paid players in the 07 win against Kiewa, they had 13 or 14 locals played in all four flags, and the one they lost in 03. Be interesting to see the Hopper team in four years and see how many of this years team ared still there. Can't comment on Kiewa, prob should have got two out of three.

Can gaurantee you that Tallangatta spent a lot more the Mitta in their premiership years. Only had about seven paid players in the 07 win against Kiewa, they had 13 or 14 locals played in all four flags, and the one they lost in 03. Be interesting to see the Hopper team in four years and see how many of this years team ared still there. Can't comment on Kiewa, prob should have got two out of three.

Kiewa defintely should have got more than the one flag. My sources say Kiewa are talking to Rat Smith for the coaching position, not sure if he is interested though.

1. The Tallangatta boys celebrating their good win with pure blonde cans! Gotta celebrate the win but gotta watch the carbs! :thumbsu:

Wodonga Saints and Tallangatta (and by extension the TDFL) have copped a pasting on ABC Radio talkback this morning. Tallangatta for the 12 year old in the team photo with a VB in his hand, and Saints for going to the soccer on Sunday in their jumpers with their medals around their necks and allegedly affected by alcohol. Not a great advertisement for the League, true or not.

Wodonga Saints and Tallangatta (and by extension the TDFL) have copped a pasting on ABC Radio talkback this morning. Tallangatta for the 12 year old in the team photo with a VB in his hand, and Saints for going to the soccer on Sunday in their jumpers with their medals around their necks and allegedly affected by alcohol. Not a great advertisement for the League, true or not.

Heard about the radio talkback today, why dont people get a life and stop fussing about the little things. The boy was handed the beer to hang on to by a player who climbed up on the ute to celebrate. The boy is from probaly the most respected family in Tallangatta Football Club & TDF League & does not drink. The political correctness of do gooders is bloody amazing, it was a innocent thing that has been blown out of context. There is way more important things to worry about in life & the world than that.

You must have you head in the sand lemontree, Mitta spent a lot of money...i know this from a past player and well connected to the club. They paid a lot out to players who may have been locals but to come back from Melb etc, they always say they dont spend money but the truth is they do...its just the word does not get over the hill for anybody's ears to hear:)

You must have you head in the sand lemontree, Mitta spent a lot of money...i know this from a past player and well connected to the club. They paid a lot out to players who may have been locals but to come back from Melb etc, they always say they dont spend money but the truth is they do...its just the word does not get over the hill for anybody's ears to hear:)

Kickittome- Mitta obviously have loads more money than other clubs considering the amount of premierships they have won in the last 50 years. Apparently they haven't missed many finals series either. They must have some amazing crops up there or maybe the price of beef and milk is keeping their bank balance well beyond that of other clubs. It's just not fair is it?
Every club spends money (including Mitta- I don’t think anyone doubts this. It is more correctly the amount they spend- obviously the right amount considering their success) and obviously some clubs spend more than others, but who cares. I don't have a problem with any guy getting paid (any amount) as it is the decision of a club to do this. I believe that good clubs pay players they believe have ability (obviously) and are good to have around a club; with the hope they may hang around the club for years to come.
I find it funny how you are defending your club by attempting to shift attention onto other clubs. Enjoy the win, Tallangatta won, end of story no matter how much money was spent. Hopefully for the club the couple of guys they have been paying stay on for the right reasons and can bring more success in the years to come.

we will see how many off them become senior players in the o&m or even in a good talangatta club

You must be kidding yourself... They were undefeated for the the whole year... Gave Beechworth a quarter head start in the grand final to come back and win...

Hopefully, they will stick around the club and it might make the Saints a better team/club in the future. It shows at clubs such as Keiwa, Beechworth, Barny over the years that a successful thirds soon turns to a successful seniors in a few years...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a grubby lot they are proving to be up there in the TDFL... under-age drinkers photographed in the local press, the former President implicated and now the CEO claiming he can fix it - next year! The house of cards is falling...

The water boy would be still be a long way behind you at the same age AD:D

Alex you sound like your the man for the top TDFL job. So grow some balls get involved with a club and start banging some heads at the TDFL or sit back and take the soft option and keep bitching.

Any new on and new signings?
I've only heard of a few younger fellas from raiders looking to leave and come back out here

havn't heard much news yet, are tallangatta going to lose any of there premiership side or will they attempt to go back to back flags. joe pashley heavily linked to wodonga bulldogs next season. fantastic player and hard at it. would fit well in wodonga's already solid defence.

Me thinks tallangatta will keep most of it's list together but word is mitta are not happy with finishing out of the finals and are throwing money at ex players to come back and anyone else willing to listen.
Can't rely on 40 somethings playing 2's to help with club depth need quality kids coming through.
Big improvers of 2010 will be Wodonga Saints with many of their 3rds premiership side getting senior game time, big sliders will be Kiewa i think but hope not. All the quality kids seem destined for in town footy.
Great to see Chiltern signing quality players to coach and hopefully other clubs to follow suit.

You've gotta be kidding me! Who cares if Mathey is re-signed as coach! A trained monkey could have taken that team (the Wodonga seconds of years gone by) to the premiership. I have seen Mathey in action as a playing coach and it was utterly pathetic.
He leaves kids on the bench and runs himself for a whole game even though he was too old and too slow.
The great pity is that now he has won the premiership people will consider him a good coach up there with the likes of Bone and Packer which is company he does not belong in!

Me thinks tallangatta will keep most of it's list together but word is mitta are not happy with finishing out of the finals and are throwing money at ex players to come back and anyone else willing to listen.
Can't rely on 40 somethings playing 2's to help with club depth need quality kids coming through.
Big improvers of 2010 will be Wodonga Saints with many of their 3rds premiership side getting senior game time, big sliders will be Kiewa i think but hope not. All the quality kids seem destined for in town footy.
Great to see Chiltern signing quality players to coach and hopefully other clubs to follow suit.

Shimmer which ex players are Mitta throwing money at? Am interested in knowing which players they are wanting to come back.

As a past player of mitta, i know for a fact they dont spend much money. dont know who your source is who told you that they do.... Maybe players come to mitta cause they are such a great club, have a proud history and a very good culture, and is a very close knit club that look after one another. As far as bringing players back from melbourne, its only compensating them for petrol, which is common in most country clubs. As far as ringing everyone one up who are willing to listen, this is also untrue. The recent 4 flags were the same core group of player bar 3 or 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back