Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

panmure have confirmed there are a genuine contender for the flag after just about beating dennington insteresting finals series ahead hopefully panmure and dennington granny!

panmure have confirmed there are a genuine contender for the flag after just about beating dennington insteresting finals series ahead hopefully panmure and dennington granny!

Kolora Panmure grand final would be way better..these two teams dont like each other and they both have big followings, the crowd would be massive for the granny. Still think the power will win the flag. Fraser has not even started tryin i dont rekon.

I reckon you're probably right about Kolora, they reek of a side who have just been waiting for finals to start and really hit their straps.
I think Kolora will beat Panmure convincingly at the Friendlies. As for Creek and Collegians, I actually had Collegians in an upset on this one but after Creek's showing on the weekend maybe not!

Grand Final will be Kolora V Dennington for me with Kolora winning by 6 goals. Fraser will dominate when needed. Dennington will choke, I've heard there's quite a few boys already on painkillers to get through games out there before even starting finals!

What's everyone else think about the upcoming finals games?

i still think dennington will win the big one convincingly. i nearly didnt believe my ears when i heard panmure were not only beaten by creek, but pumped! my tip is noorat over panmure by 4 goals and creek also by 4 over collegians. the esam is also approaching - jye bidmade, joel nestor or victor for mine

Kolora-Noorat v Panmure - Power by around 5-6 goals. Getting close to having their best team on the park and in OK form lately. Dry day they should win comfortably

Russell's Creek v Old Collegians - Creek easily if they play to their potential. 6 goals +

Probably rate Dennington a bit ahead of Power at this stage. Hopefully Power get the win this week and we have a big 1 v 2 match next week!

I still remember the shock in Dennington not making the GF last year, really want to see a Power v Dennington GF. :thumbsu:

Anyone excited for the GF?

I sure am, it is the two teams I wanted to see last year in the GF so I'm very happy! :D

Very intriguing contest in my opinion.

Power won their only contest this year by 6 goals.
It was a wet slog back then and looks like it will be similar conditions tomorrow.

In that game it seemed to me Dennington had had enough by halftime and didn't go 100%
Power definitely had more to play for at the time and were able to ground out the win.

I also recall one of Dennington's tall forwards going down early in that game, and both teams were not at full strength (both are closer to full strength now), so it is not the best guide.

Who is everyone tipping?

I'll go with my heart and tip Power by 2 goals in a real thriller!

I'm not sure about Fraser being able to just dominate when he pleases as a couple of people have said (he definitely has a couple of gears left to go up, but the weather is not really going to allow for anything too spectacular I would think), but he has been playing better lately (other than missing a few shots at goal he normally would kick) and will be looking to put in a good performance. As will everyone from both sides of course!

It is not going to be a great day for the tall forwards from either team, I think Power's small forwards and mids are usually good for some goals and hopefully can get them over the line.

Bottom line, really looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully we get a bumper crowd even with the bad weather! :footy: ;)

well i have to say its alittle disappointing not seeing any rumours or gossip on here...

So far all ive heard is fraser is leaving the power, but they have a veru suitable replacement he's put them onto.

Timboon will lose a few and strugggle even more. Signed clements and meant to be getting a few more from south.

Dennington supposedly chasing Joe Mclaren with big money ( no idea how true it is)

No news from deakin or east, Collegians about the same as with Creek and rovers.

Nirranda signed wiggins and wagstaff so will be interesting to see how they go and who they take with them.

Panmure supposedly close to announcing joint coaches, Irving and....?

What else have people heard?????

i don't see clements taking many south blokes with him to timboon. brett membrey to sign with his junior club allansford. pud irving is going around at terang again from all reports even though panmure and timboon both chased him hard to coach. judd cup winner paddy mahony to join his brothers at the bulldogs. also these mightn't have much truth to them as a lot of stories dont at this time of year, correct if im wrong but i've heard ox niklaus to russels creek and wbool ruckman rhys raymond is keen to join rovers. paul looney has been linked to district clubs

COME TO THE CALOUNDRA PANTHERS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST!! - POSITIONS VACANT (PREMIERS 2010)

Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Coast!!! Jobs, housing assistance available! - for more information please private message me.

ok may be old news but havent seen it on here yet...

Jet dowie to allansford, but allansford losing Matt definetly and possibly Ben lenehan to Caramut...

Timboon to lose up to 8 players, Rylance, Blake and Pender all going to South rovers is the talk. No news on recruits.

Merrivale still chasing players including Bourke brothers and Jason rowan but unsure if they have a chance. Getting 15 to 20 at training.

Still havent heard anything from deakin, creek, dennington or collegians...

Nirranda getting 20+ to training but no recruits and still no news on Panmure job.

Have heard roughly the same rumours but Ox to Creek was a new one - Heard him say he would only want to play hampden but money talks I suppose.

Be interesting to see what comes out of dennington after a couple of choked flag opportunities, wonder if they'll just load up with big names again and repeat what they've always done.

No other real news that hasn't been posted on here. Although did also hear that collegians have got some jet from bendigo who's been in the VCFL team a couple of times. Not sure who (if any) Sarjeant has taken with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i have heard very little recently, although whispers are power have resigned Fraser but have heard from a couple of players he's playing in melbourne. But they have signed a ruckman from Mornington Peninsula league
Collegians have signed the guy from bendigo and picked up a couple from koroit (reserves players apparently)
East nothing new, Rovers working hard on Rylance from timboon and meant to have another hampden senior player but no name yet sorry.
Creek keeping their cards close to their chest.
Dennington pretty quiet too, although heard clinton hall may be out for the season with a busted shoulder.
Merrivale nothing, panmure nothing other than appointing a coach.
Timboon chasing players but no names yet and the same at Nirranda

Some big whispers over the weekend: - how many are true, who knows as per usual.

Merrivale - Picked up Josh Guiney, Jason Rowan and Todd Mclean. Rowan apparently on $900 a game. Not sure what they're paying Todd Mclean but Koroit people not impressed as you can imagine.

Dennington - Chirs Keilar heading elsewhere, not district league or hampden.

Any other news out there? I'm betting after Christmas there will be plenty of confirmations on the rumours that get flown around.

Some big whispers over the weekend: - how many are true, who knows as per usual.

Merrivale - Picked up Josh Guiney, Jason Rowan and Todd Mclean. Rowan apparently on $900 a game. Not sure what they're paying Todd Mclean but Koroit people not impressed as you can imagine.

Dennington - Chirs Keilar heading elsewhere, not district league or hampden.

Any other news out there? I'm betting after Christmas there will be plenty of confirmations on the rumours that get flown around.

Spoke to a Koroit bloke this week and yes Mclean has gone back but they knew he was wanting to, he'd be on good money as he's still a handy player but he told them very early on he wanted to go back.

As for Rowan i'll believe it when i see hiim pull on the jumper round one. Its been a consistent rumour for about three years now, he talks to them, bumps his value and stays at Warrnambool.

Keilar leaving is true ffrom what i hear, Kolora has signed the big bloke from Mornington and he's not just a money buy, he is involved with a long time locals daughter and theyve moved down or coming down from wat i hear and also Adam roberts from camperdown even though a week ago i heard tmboon was chasing him hard.

Not much else really as yet...

have heard that is where he's headed...Lake Bolac but who knows.

all very quiet from timboon, as far as any locals know they havent signed anyone.... And have apparently lost the bloke they offered asisstant coach to to nirranda... in Dean Funston.
Apparently Nirranda have quiet a few players coming back and signed another couple from geelong.

If timboon can get the game at port campbell going it should be worth a trip.

Panmure have been quiet but heard that signing the new coach has helped keep players, only lost a couple supposedly, young Bant meant to be having a crack at Hampden and a couple of older guys retiring

well spot on with keilar heading home but have some more news....

Luke duncan supposedly going with hiim to lake bolac and also GaryJohn sheppard is heading to hawkesdale macarthur... Just these 3 leaves a big hole in denningtons side

Timboon working on getting back the guys from their 08 flag, davidson, cahill, rosolin, nick thompson (should stay at south though). Although they may have lost another in Whitehead who is trainiing with south colac.

Kolora have signed that adams roberts but also corey rounds from terang

is there any ex afl players listed or rookies playing in your comp in 2011?

Fo the up coming season i cant think of any...

Brad Scholl was at timboon this year just gone and Bryan Bienke a couple of years ago.

Deakin had signed Byron Pickett for last season but he never played a game.

Unsure of any others... A couple of clubs have kids that are in the afl system now but their not playing down here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back